Windows 10: BSOD after a few minutes of idle

Discus and support BSOD after a few minutes of idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KG363, Mar 6, 2016.

1. KG363 Win User

BSOD after a few minutes of idle

After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics drivers and also reseated the card.

I don't really know what else to do so any help would be appreciated.

Attachment 68037

:)

KG363, Mar 6, 2016
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Windows 10 logs me off after a few minutes of idle time, why?

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue lock screen.

This issue might occur is some of the power setting got corrupted or might happen if you have password-protected the screen saver.

I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting methods and check if it helps;

Method 1: Run inbuilt Power troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + X
      key.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      right top corner and click on Troubleshooting option.

• Click on View all option on the
      left panel.

• Find and click on Power option.

• Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions.
    If the issue still persists, try method 2.

Method 2: Change the screen saver settings and power settings.

• Right click on your desktop, then click and go to Personalize.

• Click on Lock screen in the left panel
      and click on Screen saver settings option below.

• If “On resume, display logon screen” is checked, then
      uncheck the box and click on Apply and
      Ok.

• Again go to Screen saver settings and click on
      Change power settings.

• Click on “Choose when to turn off the display” and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Select No for “Require a password on wakeup” click on
      Apply and Ok.

I hope the given information is helpful. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows.

We will be glad to assist you

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Mar 6, 2016
  3. bass_gas Win User
    Windows 10 logs me off after a few minutes of idle time, why?

After setting idle for a few minutes my screen goes blank as if going to sleep. The display is set for 1 hour either on battery or AC power. After hitting CR the screens wakes up and makes me login with my windows password. Very aggravating.

bass_gas, Mar 6, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

I just checked the last 3 dumps and they all point to ngen.exe as the cause.

You say you disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v.0.30319 64 Critical". How did you do this?

Looks like you have two versions currently installed:

"Version"="2,0,50727,0"
    "Version"="4,0,30319,0"

I would try uninstalling both of them then install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5

Create a System Restore point before doing this or if you can, do an image backup to an external hard drive or large flash drive using a program like Macrium reflect.

Ztruker, Mar 6, 2016
  5. KG363 Win User
    I followed this picture found on another thread. Windows 10 Help Forums
    EDIT: my bad, it's V4.0.30319

I'll try your suggestion soon.

KG363, Mar 6, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Thanks for the link. I looked at mine and both the 64 and 32 bit NGEN entries are disabled.

Attachment 68150

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD after a few minutes of idle - Similar Threads - BSOD few minutes

2. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  3. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  4. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  5. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  6. CMD Closing after being left idle for a few minutes.

CMD Closing after being left idle for a few minutes.: I was using CMD and I left it alone for a few minutes. When I go to see the app, it is now gone. I have been trying to see what is going on for a few hours and I could not see anything that would help. I searched it up on Microsoft's official help section on their website and...
  7. BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period: I run it with Driver verifier... Here is the minidump file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx4LdY0oEBs0DGQ9Q NFO file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpxxbT_NgPU-ISncKg And some previous dumps. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx5OAww_hlaaw2G7A It is a brand...
  8. PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle: I can not get my pc to follow my Power and Sleep settings. After 5 minutes of inactivity, the screen is blank and I have to wake it and login. [img] 33957
  9. BSoD's after 10 minutes idle

BSoD's after 10 minutes idle: This has been going on for about a month. After ten minutes idle, I get a random blue screen. 8 passes of memtest yielded no errors. How many of the 42 .dmp files should I send and how should I send them? Thanks in advance 88850
  10. Bsod after few minutes of sleep

Bsod after few minutes of sleep: Hello people my pc goes off when i want to sleep it first the monitor turn off but other hardware working till few minutes. it worked fine till last two days this is my first topic about this problem Windows 10 is not going to sleep anymore please if anyone help read...