BSOD after Anniversary Update: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Discus and support BSOD after Anniversary Update: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; No issues before updating, or during it. This happened few minutes after the update, already twice. Logs: Attachment 95142 59541 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vermunds, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Vermunds Win User

No issues before updating, or during it. This happened few minutes after the update, already twice.

Logs:
    Attachment 95142

:)

Vermunds, Aug 8, 2016
  2. Reed Crosby Win User

BSOD - Memory Management and other errors on newly installed Windows 10

Was one of the BSoDs PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA?

Reed Crosby, Aug 8, 2016
  3. EvansYee Win User
    Getting random BSODS and getting PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD while installing Windows 7.

Original Title: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Computer keeps getting this error after reinstalling windows 10 on new m.2 ssd. Computer gets into BSOD randomly. One moment i maybe playing games and it crashed. Other moments can be when i am just web browsing. Tried installing windows 7 and suddenly this
    BSOD appeared PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (FNETHYRAMAS.SYS).

Thanks in advance.

EvansYee, Aug 8, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Vermunds,

Please check Dell for BIOS updates & wifi driver updates *Smile
    Code: 3: kd> lmvm bcmwl63a Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`f7c60000 fffff800`f871d000 bcmwl63a T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: bcmwl63a.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl63a.sys Image name: bcmwl63a.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Sat Jul 11 03:09:43 2015 (55A06CD7) CheckSum: 00ABDCA1 ImageSize: 00ABD000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD after Anniversary Update: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA [​IMG]

axe0, Aug 8, 2016
  5. Vermunds Win User
    Thanks for reply.

Unfortunately no updates available for Wi-fi, only for the BIOS, which I updated.
    But I have experienced the general instability and problems about the Wi-fi driver before, which I was unable to solve, so it may be related:
    -Randomly disconnects from networks
    -Random slowdowns, until I turn it off and on again
    -Sometimes after turning off it is unable to be turned on again (until restart, sometimes even locking up the computer in the restart process)
    -It's unable to connect to channel 12 and 13 (it was able before Windows 10)

In the meantime, another BSOD happened:
    Attachment 95271

Also updated the system info you suggested.

Vermunds, Aug 9, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    I see multiple driver updates, can't you install any of them?

axe0, Aug 9, 2016
  7. Vermunds Win User
    There are 2 different versions, one have an older version on the site. but only one is working, which is already installed. Downloaded and installed it again just in case.
    Just to be sure we are viewing the same site:
    Product Support | Dell US

There are 3 versions:

Dell Wireless 1704 WiFi Driver A01 version <- installed
    Dell Wireless 1704 WiFi Driver A00 version <- old version
    Dell Wireless 1705 WiFi + Bluetooth Driver <- not working

Vermunds, Aug 9, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

For what I saw in the logs version A00 was installed.

axe0, Aug 9, 2016
  9. Vermunds Win User
    That is interesting, because I double checked the versions, and I have installed the A01 version. The downloaded file also says it is the A01. So I have no idea how it is possible that the old version is installed.

I will try and uninstall it completely, then install it again, maybe that helps.

Vermunds, Aug 9, 2016
  10. Vermunds Win User
    So, uninstalled completely, and reinstalled.
    But, the device manager still says, that the date of the driver is 30th of July and not October.
    New logs:
    Attachment 95299

Vermunds, Aug 9, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Lets look at this on a different perception.
    The usual suspect of what looks like is the driver because that is where it all starts.

A different approach of analysis, the driver calls a Windows driver to build a memory descriptor list (MDL) for allocating memory. Therefore this Windows driver gets flagged when the raw stack is being dumped, but when looking at where the problem started it is when the kernel was allocating the buffer the MDL specified.

What I would suggest is to run below memory test, make sure it is MemTest86+ and read the tutorial carefully *Smile

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

12. Vermunds Win User
    Okay, I will do this tonight, but I don't think it is hardware related.
    But we'll see.

Vermunds, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD after Anniversary Update: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Similar Threads - BSOD Anniversary Update

2. KB4343909 - Following update CPU fan max'd out continuously.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4343909 - Following update CPU fan max'd out continuously.: Hi, Windows 10: Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Turned on HP (h9-1400a) desktop as normal. Sys then goes into the normal windows is updating please wait. I wait, it reboots and the CPU fan maxes out as soon as the PC restarts. I log in, check tasks running, CPU is at 7%,...
  3. I’m stuck in a BSoD boot loop with the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, and it’s a really...

I’m stuck in a BSoD boot loop with the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, and it’s a really...: I use Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series 3137, 64-bit computer, 64-bit processor, 2 GB RAM (thought that would be relevant). The other day, I was playing a game right before we went out, and I pressed Alt and F4 frantically, but the game had frozen as a result of that, so I...
  4. Network driver does not work after win 10 update

Network driver does not work after win 10 update: Dont ask me to browse the community to find out how to fix it, this is not my responsibility! You microsoft so called "update" my windows and mess it up 4 times in 2 weeks. I needed to spend half working day to wait for the update and recover to previous build every time....
  5. Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607) CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error while updating to the latest...

Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607) CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error while updating to the latest...: I recently tried to update my 64-bit Windows 10 Pro to the latest version (currently my Win10 version is 1607) and I got this BSOD error: [ATTACH] After this Blue Screen of Death I waited for about 5 minutes and for some reason it did not reboot automatically. I tried to...
  6. Every single Windows 10 update causes my monitor to be undetected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Every single Windows 10 update causes my monitor to be undetected.: Every single Window 10 update that happened for the past 2 years or causes my external monitor not to be recognized. This has been happening since about autumn 2016. [ATTACH] The resolution takes several hours each time. I suspect that Windows 10 update corrupts my Nvidia...
  7. August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank

August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank: This has become rather troublesome ordeal. I had this issue with the previous update and ultimate had to reinstall windows because of it. Recently, i got a forced update last night and i chose the update and shutdown option. Today, in the morning my computer booted up but...
  8. Your Phone app update removed for Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Your Phone app update removed for Windows 10 version 1803: Microsoft last week pushed out a new update for its Your Phone app for users who have updated to the company’s latest version Windows 10 April 2018 Update. The Your Phone app lets users to access their photos and media gallery on their PCs. The app received couple of updates...
  9. How can I prevent the update when it says "Your update is ready"?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I prevent the update when it says "Your update is ready"?: I had been using the following setting to prevent auto-updates. Stop Windows 10 Updates Properly and Completely Yesterday, when I was still using version 1709, I manually installed a critical update via Windows Update MiniTool. I had no idea what update it was. After a...
  10. BLACK SCREEN & INFINITE REPAIR LOOP AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE- ACCESS DENIED SAFE MODE

BLACK SCREEN & INFINITE REPAIR LOOP AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE- ACCESS DENIED SAFE MODE: HI im 2 days into this now-- have been trying soo many solutions online-- & nothing is working this is the 3rd time that after a mandatory reboot-- i have been lift with the black screen. The 1st one required 200$+ at the computer repair shop. The 2nd i was able to...