Windows 10: BSOD after Anniversary Update: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Discus and support BSOD after Anniversary Update: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; No issues before updating, or during it. This happened few minutes after the update, already twice. Logs: Attachment 95142 59541 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vermunds, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Vermunds Win User

BSOD after Anniversary Update: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

No issues before updating, or during it. This happened few minutes after the update, already twice.

Logs:
    Attachment 95142

:)

Vermunds, Aug 8, 2016

2. BSOD - Memory Management and other errors on newly installed Windows 10

Was one of the BSoDs PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA?

Reed Crosby, Aug 8, 2016
  3. EvansYee Win User
    Getting random BSODS and getting PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD while installing Windows 7.

Original Title: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Computer keeps getting this error after reinstalling windows 10 on new m.2 ssd. Computer gets into BSOD randomly. One moment i maybe playing games and it crashed. Other moments can be when i am just web browsing. Tried installing windows 7 and suddenly this
    BSOD appeared PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (FNETHYRAMAS.SYS).

Thanks in advance.

EvansYee, Aug 8, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Vermunds,

Please check Dell for BIOS updates & wifi driver updates *Smile
    Code: 3: kd> lmvm bcmwl63a Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`f7c60000 fffff800`f871d000 bcmwl63a T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: bcmwl63a.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl63a.sys Image name: bcmwl63a.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Sat Jul 11 03:09:43 2015 (55A06CD7) CheckSum: 00ABDCA1 ImageSize: 00ABD000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD after Anniversary Update: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA [​IMG]

axe0, Aug 8, 2016
  5. Vermunds Win User
    Thanks for reply.

Unfortunately no updates available for Wi-fi, only for the BIOS, which I updated.
    But I have experienced the general instability and problems about the Wi-fi driver before, which I was unable to solve, so it may be related:
    -Randomly disconnects from networks
    -Random slowdowns, until I turn it off and on again
    -Sometimes after turning off it is unable to be turned on again (until restart, sometimes even locking up the computer in the restart process)
    -It's unable to connect to channel 12 and 13 (it was able before Windows 10)

In the meantime, another BSOD happened:
    Attachment 95271

Also updated the system info you suggested.

Vermunds, Aug 9, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    I see multiple driver updates, can't you install any of them?

axe0, Aug 9, 2016
  7. Vermunds Win User
    There are 2 different versions, one have an older version on the site. but only one is working, which is already installed. Downloaded and installed it again just in case.
    Just to be sure we are viewing the same site:
    Product Support | Dell US

There are 3 versions:

Dell Wireless 1704 WiFi Driver A01 version <- installed
    Dell Wireless 1704 WiFi Driver A00 version <- old version
    Dell Wireless 1705 WiFi + Bluetooth Driver <- not working

Vermunds, Aug 9, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

For what I saw in the logs version A00 was installed.

axe0, Aug 9, 2016
  9. Vermunds Win User
    That is interesting, because I double checked the versions, and I have installed the A01 version. The downloaded file also says it is the A01. So I have no idea how it is possible that the old version is installed.

I will try and uninstall it completely, then install it again, maybe that helps.

Vermunds, Aug 9, 2016
  10. Vermunds Win User
    So, uninstalled completely, and reinstalled.
    But, the device manager still says, that the date of the driver is 30th of July and not October.
    New logs:
    Attachment 95299

Vermunds, Aug 9, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Lets look at this on a different perception.
    The usual suspect of what looks like is the driver because that is where it all starts.

A different approach of analysis, the driver calls a Windows driver to build a memory descriptor list (MDL) for allocating memory. Therefore this Windows driver gets flagged when the raw stack is being dumped, but when looking at where the problem started it is when the kernel was allocating the buffer the MDL specified.

What I would suggest is to run below memory test, make sure it is MemTest86+ and read the tutorial carefully *Smile

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

12. Vermunds Win User
    Okay, I will do this tonight, but I don't think it is hardware related.
    But we'll see.

Vermunds, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD after Anniversary Update: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Similar Threads - BSOD Anniversary Update

2. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD after Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD after Windows Updates: We currently have one of our servers running Windows Server 2012, and started to crash after updates installed this morning:KB5027126KB5027283KB5027575the specific error message being "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA FlightRecorder.sys"Attempts to fix were:Memory...
  3. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD after Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD after Windows Updates: We currently have one of our servers running Windows Server 2012, and started to crash after updates installed this morning:KB5027126KB5027283KB5027575the specific error message being "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA FlightRecorder.sys"Attempts to fix were:Memory...
  4. Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: Hi, One of our VFX workstations is BSODing on heavy load. Windows version 1809 (OS build 17763.1039) log file attached. Thanks in advance! 151282
  5. BSOD after latest update ntoskrnl.exe+1c10a0 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

BSOD after latest update ntoskrnl.exe+1c10a0 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: System Laptop Dell XPS 9550 i7 6700HQ Nvidia 960 16 GB RAM 512 GB SSD Minidumps available in the following link https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aoq50TVAMARCiKgB3XE7tXu4JHqZ2Q?e=vcfAQE I am almost always facing BSOD after updates...
  6. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after windos update 1903

BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after windos update 1903: Hello support team, After recently updating to windows 1903 my computes every few hours goes to the BSOD. The screen shows the following message: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA What failed: Netwtw06.sys...
  7. BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]: BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area] Using bluetooth headphones watching youtube video when this BSOD occured. Thanks for the assistance! 137746
  8. Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: Hi, I'm getting bsod at the very start of the laptop. Seems like the update of intel wifi and bluetooth driver caused it (using intel update utility). I used dm_log collector, it seems to run ok but it doesn't create any zip file (it was run as admin). Instead it...
  9. BSODs after the anniversary update

BSODs after the anniversary update: I don't know where to begin with this one. I was on windows 7 in the past and my PC (custom built) constantly suffered from BSOD and random crashes (like browsers crashing randomly). I did my best to try and find out what is causing these issues and ended up narrowing it...
  10. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA cdd.dll BSOD after CTD

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA cdd.dll BSOD after CTD: So I was trying to launch this game called Just Cause 3 on steam and it was about to load until it CTD with "Just Cause 3 has stopped working" and then I got that BSOD right after. Please help I have no idea why this is happening. If any additional information is needed to...