Windows 10: BSOD after boot but before login - having changed mouse

Discus and support BSOD after boot but before login - having changed mouse in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Asked my daughter to start my laptop. She said "The mouse isn't working," then we were hit with a BSOD. Hoping it's a one off, but just in case... 19958 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by garymarkfuller, Aug 28, 2015.

1. BSOD after boot but before login - having changed mouse

Asked my daughter to start my laptop. She said "The mouse isn't working," then we were hit with a BSOD. Hoping it's a one off, but just in case...

:)

garymarkfuller, Aug 28, 2015

2. USB ports no longer working afetr Windows 10 Nov Update

The mouse does not work, so how can I click. My computer has only one mouse/keyboard connector. None of the USB ports work after Windows boots to the login screen. I need to gain access with a mouse
    and keyboard to make the required changes. The USB Microsoft Wireless keyboard and mouse work good while in the recovery screen, but not when it boots to login screen. How do I make the required changes?

Bobby Lee Fisher, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Intel graphics media accelerator not compatible with windows 10

Two issues:

1) Blank screen on boot requiring to press Power button 2x to be able to login

- solution is to change setup in BIOS to slower login

2) I am having an issue with a Logitech Cordless Mouse LX6 model after the Win10 upgrade. It works for a few seconds when I power off/on but then stops working. I can reboot it and it works again for a few seconds. I tried to install the Logitech driver
    but this did not solve the issue. I checked the battery strength and both batteries are excellent. The mouse was working properly before the upgrade and even after the upgrade before taking a few of the Win 10 updates.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

JohnyMathew, Aug 28, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD after boot but before login - having changed mouse

Hi garymarkfuller,

The cause of the crash is the driver from the touchpad
    Please check here for driver updates

Below are 2 drivers from the touchpad that have caused the crash due to incompatibility with windows 10.

A driver from the touchpad: Synaptics SMBus Driver
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm Smb_driver_intelstart end module name fffff801`151b0000 fffff801`151be000 Smb_driver_Intel T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: Smb_driver_Intel.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Smb_driver_Intel.sys Image name: Smb_driver_Intel.sys Timestamp: Fri Jun 19 04:44:37 2015 (55838215) CheckSum: 0000E015 ImageSize: 0000E000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Another driver from the touchpad: Synaptic Touch Pad Driver
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm syntpstart end module name fffff801`150a0000 fffff801`1513c000 SynTP T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: SynTP.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\SynTP.sys Image name: SynTP.sys Timestamp: Wed Jun 24 00:48:01 2015 (5589E221) CheckSum: 000962AF ImageSize: 0009C000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. Thanks so much. Will see what I can do to get a better driver. It'd help is Sony hadn't dropped out of the laptop game.

garymarkfuller, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD after boot but before login - having changed mouse

1. BSOD after boot but before login - having changed mouse - Similar Threads - BSOD boot before

2. Sudden BSOD after booting to login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden BSOD after booting to login screen: Good Evening, my pc suddenly bsod while at the login screen out of nowhere. I haven't done anything before it happened. The error of the BSOD says:DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUALfaulting module : mouclass.sysChecking the event viewer, there is a bugcheck that is relatetable to...
  3. Sudden BSOD after booting to login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden BSOD after booting to login screen: Good Evening, my pc suddenly bsod while at the login screen out of nowhere. I haven't done anything before it happened. The error of the BSOD says:DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUALfaulting module : mouclass.sysChecking the event viewer, there is a bugcheck that is relatetable to...
  4. Sudden BSOD after booting to login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hi im having BSOD before login into Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hi im having BSOD before login into Windows: Hi I need you help Im having BSOD just when turning on the PC right before login into Windows. I recwntrly bought the PC componer and build my PC Here are the specs : Mother Asus rog strix B550 F wifi Cpu ryzen 5 3400g Ram 2x corsair vengeance rgb pro 8 gb Ssd...
  6. BSoD before every boot

BSoD before every boot: Every time I boot my computer, I get a blue screen. Afterwards, I can use the computer normally. But it still adds waiting time and makes me worry for the health of my computer, so I'm coming here to ask for help. Here are the minidumps, system info, and speccy file:...
  7. Black screen with mouse cursor before login

Black screen with mouse cursor before login: I am having issues fixing black screen with white cursor that has come up before log in screen when laptop was turning on this is a new laptop, 5 days old i have windows 10 that came with it. No matter what combination I try I cannot get task manager to start. i have tried...
  8. BSoD after cold boot or seconds after login

BSoD after cold boot or seconds after login: Hello, I get BSODs when i boot my PC (usuallyafter bios somtimes within first seconds after login in to win10) and only if the computer was off for a while (~1hour). Restarts are no problem. Today i also got a black screen after boot up. I could use my mouse and there was a...
  9. Multiple BSOD (After Splash Screen, Before Login)

Multiple BSOD (After Splash Screen, Before Login): I think I have it narrowed down to my videocard. File Attached. Thanks in Advance. 73362
  10. 3 BSOD after installing a new mouse. 1 BSOD the day before.

3 BSOD after installing a new mouse. 1 BSOD the day before.: After installing a mouse ( GX800 | Keyboards & Mice | ASUS Global ). I got 3 BSOD and 1 bsod before i installed the new mouse. Attachment 65800 41753