Windows 10: BSOD after doing a clean install while installing Steam games

Discus and support BSOD after doing a clean install while installing Steam games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Alienware M17xR3 Windows 10 Home My computer was running terribly slow, so I made a backup and did a clean install. Shortly after completing, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cowlicker12, Jul 31, 2018.

1. BSOD after doing a clean install while installing Steam games

Alienware M17xR3
    Windows 10 Home

My computer was running terribly slow, so I made a backup and did a clean install. Shortly after completing, I started downloading Dota 2 from Steam and also tried installing Fortnite, but my computer crashed. I didn't manage to catch the error code exactly on the blue screen, something related to power?

:)

cowlicker12, Jul 31, 2018

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 31, 2018
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Steam does not install from disk?!?!

no you're doing steps 1 and 2 wrong. steam creates the directory, you stop steam and then you install the game from the disk to that directory.

also steam must be off, not in offline mode but off, aka no steam services in the task manager when you install the game.

yogurt_21, Jul 31, 2018
  4. BSOD after doing a clean install while installing Steam games

bsod when installing steam

this is pretty freaky...it gives me a BSOD when i double click steam in download manager, heres everything i have installed atm:

i installed it on my last 2 reformat's and it worked fine...

Braveheart, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

BSOD after doing a clean install while installing Steam games

1. BSOD after doing a clean install while installing Steam games - Similar Threads - BSOD doing clean

2. Constant BSOD after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD after clean install: Hi AllI am getting constant BSOD's every couple of hours, sometimes the PC crashes without a blue screen. I have done a clean install of windows with the same issues persisting, as well as replacing the motherboard and running Memtest which shows 0 issues. these are usually...
  3. Constant BSOD after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Constant BSOD after clean install: Hi AllI am getting constant BSOD's every couple of hours, sometimes the PC crashes without a blue screen. I have done a clean install of windows with the same issues persisting, as well as replacing the motherboard and running Memtest which shows 0 issues. these are usually...
  4. BSOD after clean installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after clean installation: Hello all, So i installed windows 10 on new ssd , and it stuck into BSOD loop. Kmode exception not handled is code . Updated all drivers, still getting BSOD. In Safe Mode , it runs ok. OS build 19043.928 , version 21H1 182704
  5. Constant Bsod after clean installation

Constant Bsod after clean installation: Hello everyone, I am getting constant bsod after I completed installation of windows 10. Just when everything is being set up i am getting blue screen saying CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, due to which I am unable to enter the desktop. Before this i had blue screen for MEMORY...
  6. BSOD While Installing/Updating Games in Steam

BSOD While Installing/Updating Games in Steam: Recently I've gotten BSOD while installing or updating games in steam. I have noticed that the preallocation takes much longer than usual if it will BSOD during the install. DESKTOP-O670QKJ-Tue_10_16_2018__21232_14.zip 119929
  7. BSOD after clean install

BSOD after clean install: Hello, please help me out: 1. My PC was frequently rebooted after waking up from hibernate. I have disabled the hibernation, it starts rebooting from sleep. No BSOD, just reboot after 2-3 minutes of trying to wake up. 2. I have formatted my SSD and installed Win10 from...
  8. BSOD after a clean Windows install

BSOD after a clean Windows install: Hello, I recently bought Windows 10 Pro. I installed it with no problems. After just 10 minutes I received the first BSOD: 'Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart..' After the restart the same BSOD (in about 5 minutes). Before Windows 10 I ran Windows 7 with no...
  9. BSOD after clean window install

BSOD after clean window install: After an SSD upgrade ans a clean windows install, I keep receiving BSOD. The driver causing the problem seems to be dbx.sys. In any case I attach link with the minidumps and ms-info of the laptop. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvFFVidLWquJmEOlAmMbtDRsDxh9 Alternative link here :...
  10. Multiple BSOD after clean install

Multiple BSOD after clean install: Good afternoon, I started having a few BSOD crashes last month and after exhaustive attempts to solve this issue myself with no progress I did a clean install of windows 10. The issue remains, however, it is less frequent now. Attachment 86921 54464

Users found this page by searching for:

1. steam bsod on install