Windows 10: BSOD after exiting games

Discus and support BSOD after exiting games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This very same BSOD is back again :/ Last time, it used to freeze everything and then crash. Now, after exiting a game, the screen turns black and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VladCelTroll, Apr 25, 2016.

1. BSOD after exiting games

This very same BSOD is back again :/

Last time, it used to freeze everything and then crash. Now, after exiting a game, the screen turns black and flickers from being turned on to off. Then it greets me with a very nice BSOD, with either VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE or VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. The TDR one reffers to a file called igkmd64.sys, which I think is related to the Intel driver (again, just like last time). Everything is up to date in terms of drivers (especially NVidia), all besides the Intel one that's still at 10.18 (newest from Intel is 15.40, which for some reason I can't install :/ )
    I suspect Windows Updates is the main problem here, but it may be something to do with the driver itself, since ASUS c*nts didn't bother to update their drivers to the newest.
    Besides this, I have to mention that I ran the MemTest not so long ago, results showing that memory was working perfectly, no corruption, no anything like that.
    Thanks in advance for any help *Smile

:)

VladCelTroll, Apr 25, 2016
  2. OnyxT Win User

Sudden increase in Windows 10 BSODs after updates around 9/7/2017

It doesn't seem to be crashing in safe mode, but I can't do most of the stuff I'd do normally in safe mode.

For now, I've gotten 2 more BSODs today. One was after the usual exiting a game scenario (this time the Runescape client) with a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED related to intelppm.sys. The second was when I woke up my monitors after they'd turned off due to inactivity,
    but my PC had not yet gone to sleep. That generated an IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL stop code. I have no peripherals to speak of aside from a USB hub and my mouse and keyboard. I've removed the hub and will see if I get errors now.

Another KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED related to intelppm.sys BSOD. This is happening pretty reliably when I exit the Runescape client. I have now had a restart without the hub connected, so I'm assuming the drivers are fully unloaded. Will now see if I get another
    BSOD after exiting a game.

Just got another KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, but this time it didn't say that intelppm.sys was what failed. It just had the stop code, no other information. This was with my USB hub disconnected. This BSOD was delayed by a minute or two after exiting a game.

I'm now up to 4 more BSODs in the span of about an hour. Sometimes they're delayed, like this most recent one, but other times they're immediately after exiting a game. More perplexing is that there was a period where I started and exited Overwatch and Runescape
    about two dozen times, but no BSOD occurred after exiting, or even after a delay.

Edit: And now I've had another IRQL BSOD while playing a game, not after exiting.

OnyxT, Apr 25, 2016
  3. Black screen after exiting games

So i bought a tv from a friend today to replace my broken PC monitor. It works perfectly expect for one thing. Whenever i quit a game like csgo the screen goes black and doesnt go back until i restart the system. Any help guys? The tv is samsung 23 inch
    i dont know the model. and it worked fine on the old monitor.

PauliKarasti, Apr 25, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD after exiting games

Thema:

BSOD after exiting games

1. BSOD after exiting games - Similar Threads - BSOD exiting games

2. I experienced a BSOD after exiting a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I experienced a BSOD after exiting a game.: I experienced a BSOD after exiting a game, specifically the game Valorant. This was the first time I encountered this issue, but I had a similar problem when launching the game after a system boot. It seemed to have resolved itself. Recently, I received an update for the .NET...
  3. I experienced a BSOD after exiting a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I experienced a BSOD after exiting a game.: I experienced a BSOD after exiting a game, specifically the game Valorant. This was the first time I encountered this issue, but I had a similar problem when launching the game after a system boot. It seemed to have resolved itself. Recently, I received an update for the .NET...
  4. Computer freezes after exiting games

Computer freezes after exiting games: Hi! Starting from about a month ago, my newish 3 month old PC starts freezing after I close a game. I've also made it happen by running a 3DMark benchmark, but that app cycles through multiple benchmarks, so it could be the same effect.The freeze happens a few seconds 1-30s...
  5. BSOD after exiting a game

BSOD after exiting a game: Hi everyone,I keep getting BSOD after exiting games. I ran a memtest and no error came out. BSOD as per below. I have updated my drivers to the latest but I'm not sure why they keep appearing.Here's the link to my minidump...
  6. BSOD after exiting a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after exiting a game: Hi everyone,I keep getting BSOD after exiting games. I ran a memtest and no error came out. BSOD as per below. I have updated my drivers to the latest but I'm not sure why they keep appearing.Here's the link to my minidump...
  7. BSOD after exiting a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PC freezing after exiting games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing after exiting games: Hello, I recently have been having issues with my PC freezing when exiting games. It doesnt feeeze everytime i exit a game but it freezes about once or twice a day depending on how much time i have to play. At the suggestion of windows support i've already run system file...
  9. BSOD after exit game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after exit game.: Hi, Recently I have BSOD (Critical Process Die) very often after exit/quit games and these only occurs with Rainbow Six, Escape From Tarkov and Black Desert Online. Please help me. Thank you very much Winver 1903 Here is my link to my log file :...
  10. Black screen after exiting games

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after exiting games: Hi all, Ever since I installed the Windows 10 Anniversary edition update a few weeks ago, I've been having a weird display issue. Every time I finishing playing a game, upon exiting back to Windows my desktop is completely black. After some trial and error I've found...