Windows 10: BSOD after getting the new windows update this morning

Discus and support BSOD after getting the new windows update this morning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello first time poster here I had about 3 to 4 blue screens today after the recent windows update also a strange thing to mention after the update my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zerolimit, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Zerolimit Win User

BSOD after getting the new windows update this morning

Hello first time poster here I had about 3 to 4 blue screens today after the recent windows update also a strange thing to mention after the update my lan drivers were removed by force by windows which was very odd I had to revert them their original drivers after not being able to go online.

After that watching videos or playing games my pc gave me a blue screen without warning in the middle of doing something the blue screens all said "system thread exception not handled" I am hoping this helps with that doing some searching some there were solutions of updating my graphics card drivers I did so and so far no bsod I still wanted to get a second opinion I followed the steps in the before you post bsod section I will have the file included thank you for your time.

Updated mini dump: Attachment 118014

System Spec

Computer typeBSOD after getting the new windows update this morning :pC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number:Self built
    CPU:Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Motherboard:ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866
    Graphics Card(s):XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

:)

Zerolimit, Jan 20, 2017
  2. GStumpp Win User

I received an update this morning. after the update I am not able to access my desktop. i did a restore but it had no effect.

Original Title - Desktop

I received an update this morning. after the update I am not able to access my desktop. i did a restore but it had no effect.

GStumpp, Jan 20, 2017
  3. GStumpp Win User

Turns out I was way off track. The problem was that the start button live tiles were the only thing that would appear on the desk top. When I went to desk top no icons would appear and if i clicked anywhere the live tiles would reappear.

After restoring, twice, I was looking at the settings and noticed that my laptop was set to tablet mode. So one click quick fix. (I do feel a bit foolish.)

GStumpp, Jan 20, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

No dumps in the zip you uploaded. I see you have CCleaner installed. Unless you change it's options, it deletes mini dumps every time you run it. If you want to continue using it, set it up like so by unchecking Memory dumps and Windows log files.

Attachment 117905

Run dm_log_collector and upload the zip next time a BSOD occurs.

Ztruker, Jan 20, 2017
  5. Zerolimit Win User
    Ah sorry I also saved a mini dump before ccleaner cleaned I will add it to my main post.

Zerolimit, Jan 20, 2017
  6. Zerolimit Win User
    Well it happened again I ran the tool right after it happened I will re edit my original post I hope this will help you find out what happened.

Zerolimit, Jan 21, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Code: ugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff804a9ae0406, ffffc681ad62f558, ffffc681ad62ed80} Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!CVirtualAddressAllocator::FreeAllocMappedVaRangeList+f2 )[/quote] dxgmms2.sys is part of DirectX support. When looking at the thread trace I see this:

Code: ffffc681`ad62e498 fffff804`ac1318c3*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys atikmdag+0x1318c3[/quote] This belongs to the driver for your AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series driver.

I suggest completely uninstalling the Radeon display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you card here:

AMD Driver - Radeon Software Crimson Edition ReLive Graphics Driver Installer for Windows 10 64-Bit

Then do a minimal custom install of only the graphics driver.

See if that gets rid of the problem.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD after getting the new windows update this morning - Similar Threads - BSOD getting update

2. Updated Windows 10 to 21H2 this morning and now system getting BSOD throughout the day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated Windows 10 to 21H2 this morning and now system getting BSOD throughout the day: I started an update Win 10 to 21H2 last night but forgot it was downloading and closed lid on laptop which put system to sleep. This morning it was at 20% installing and fiished install. Now my system has been getting rendom BSOD throughout the day.The system stayed up long...
  3. Updated Windows 10 to 21H2 this morning and now system getting BSOD throughout the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated Windows 10 to 21H2 this morning and now system getting BSOD throughout the day: I started an update Win 10 to 21H2 last night but forgot it was downloading and closed lid on laptop which put system to sleep. This morning it was at 20% installing and fiished install. Now my system has been getting rendom BSOD throughout the day.The system stayed up long...
  4. Updated Windows 10 to 21H2 this morning and now system getting BSOD throughout the day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD after the new W10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after the new W10 Update: Hi, I am looking for help, my Home PC keeps getting BSOD for Kmode Exception Not Handledafter having installed the last W10 Update. I copied the minidump file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JLK2U_F3FXzIIXgLd254xXgYDFCL2Tcw/view?usp=sharing I already tried...
  6. BSOD showing after new windows update

BSOD showing after new windows update: Hello Team, I am facing random BSOD from last one week. I don't what the reason but sometime its show kernel error sometimes storage error or critical process died. Please help me out to fix this problem. I have perform sfc scan & restore health but today again i faced...
  7. Morning update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Morning update: My computer updated this morning and now I'm having trouble with everything related to facebook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/morning-update/6e874666-0380-49d8-ac7b-e1cdfedef699
  8. Windows Store won't open after update this morning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store won't open after update this morning: Windows Store won't launch. I had it open, checked for updates (I have pro and it set to not install them automatically). It found an update for the actual store so I pressed to download. It went through it's thing and then closed the window automatically. I then tried to...
  9. Hada brief BSOD this morning

Hada brief BSOD this morning: Had a brief BSOD this morning but cannot find my dump files to have a look to see what it could have been. Machine has been playing up for the last week or so and I would like to see for myself what t could be . Any help thanks. 92862
  10. Constant BSODS After getting new parts.

Constant BSODS After getting new parts.: So here is my story. I had an old PC with a first Gen i5 and some other parts and-... Well long story short I replaced my mobo, Processor and video card. Didnt get bluescreens till I replaced the parts. I did memcheck and the mem comes up clear, I checked both HDD's and they...