Windows 10: Bsod after hfs+ paragon driver install, "inaccessible boot device"

Discus and support Bsod after hfs+ paragon driver install, "inaccessible boot device" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Bsod after installing paragon hfs4win driver. Wont boot into any mode, including safe mode. Only have the troubleshoot menu and the command prompt.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zman2208, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Zman2208 Win User

Bsod after hfs+ paragon driver install, "inaccessible boot device"

Bsod after installing paragon hfs4win driver. Wont boot into any mode, including safe mode. Only have the troubleshoot menu and the command prompt. Unfortunately i cant restore my system either. i get an error about 15 minutes after i start that process saying the reset/restore cannot complete.

I have tried restoring using an old reset point, resetting with keeping files, and doing a complete reset, all With same error.

I located the hfs4win.exe file in the command prompt at c:windows/prefetch, but cant figure out how to uninstall it from there. Any ideas on what i can try next?

Apologies for not having system specs available, cant produce a zip file at the moment.

:)

Zman2208, Sep 10, 2017

2. Event ID 7000: "A device attached to the system is not functioning."

Thanks for your reply.

After using the Driver Verifier in Windows 10, I was able to trace a BSOD to uimbus.sys, which is a Paragon universal image mounter driver, part of their HFS+ for Windows software [of which csvol is also part]. After uninstalling the HFS+ for Windows, these
    issues have gone away.

Apparently, the Paragon software was not compatible with my RAID controller card, which is admittedly a more exotic piece of hardware.

Sincerely

Oxonsi_921, Sep 10, 2017
  3. Kane528 Win User
    Windows stuck in automatic repair mode

I just installed Paragon' s HFS+. After installation it prompted to restart my computer so I did. When it got to the Windows logo a blue screen with a sad face. It said my" pc ran into a problem and needs to be restarted. We'll restart it for you." It also
    gave a stop code that said "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE".

So it restarts and goes into automatic repair mode. It than brings up a screen to choose my keyboard layout and my keyboard or mouse will not work. Any ideas what to do next?

Kane528, Sep 10, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

5. Zman2208 Win User
    Ok, this started on a completely normally functioning laptop with no prior problems, with only a few programs on it, immediately after installing the paragon driver hfs4win. This problem appears to be identical to a prior thread with this problem, but i cant even reset the system.

step 1: tried booting in both ahci and ide, which were the two choices, no change.

Step 2: boot sequence seems fine, no changes.

step 3: chkdsk = "windows has checked the file system and found problems." Ran chkdsk/f get error, "cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected." Ran chkdsk c: /f/r/x with no change.

step 4: msconfig gives error, nothing happens, unable to boot into safe mode.

step 5: working on it.

Step 6: working on it.

step 7: working on it.

Zman2208, Sep 10, 2017
  6. Paragon is known for making buggy software, just use HFSExplorer. I had this issue happen to me before.

If you have a installation DVD/USB stick lying around, try do a clean install.

TTSVids105, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bsod after hfs+ paragon driver install, "inaccessible boot device" - Similar Threads - Bsod hfs+ paragon

2. installing windows after Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing windows after Inaccessible boot device: few days ago i tried making my DVDRW work through deleting upperfilter and lowerfilter in regedit. but instead i suppose i deleted my hdds Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} . and now i cant boot my pc...
  3. installing windows after Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing windows after Inaccessible boot device: few days ago i tried making my DVDRW work through deleting upperfilter and lowerfilter in regedit. but instead i suppose i deleted my hdds Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} . and now i cant boot my pc...
  4. installing windows after Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD inaccessible boot device: I keep getting the bsod for inaccessible boot device on my laptop. I can start up and use it normally for a certain period of time 5-15 min before it gives me the error message. I am not sure what to do. It also seems odd that I am able to use it as most people seem to not be...
  6. BSOD inaccessible boot device

BSOD inaccessible boot device: I keep getting the bsod for inaccessible boot device on my laptop. I can start up and use it normally for a certain period of time 5-15 min before it gives me the error message. I am not sure what to do. It also seems odd that I am able to use it as most people seem to not be...
  7. BSOD inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Inaccessible boot device after installing drivers

Inaccessible boot device after installing drivers: After installing drivers for my motherboard and restarting my computer, windows kept saying inaccessible boot device. Is there a way to reset the drivers or get into windows to reset the drivers?...
  9. BSOD inaccessible boot device

BSOD inaccessible boot device: Hey so i literally cant turn my pc on , i keep getting the bsod and i have tried everything , startup repair , tried repairing my pc with an usb that has windows 10 on it , tried system restore , uninstall the latest updates but i cant even uninstall them , none of them...
  10. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after installing Paragon HFS+

in Windows 10 Support
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after installing Paragon HFS+: Basically I had a Win10 Pro 64bit installation running on my PC. Then I downloaded and installed Paragon HFS+ in order to read from my HFS+ drive. After the installation was complete, I restarted my PC. Instead of booting into Win10, the PC booted into a blue screen with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. paragon hfs windows 10 Inaccessible Boot Device error

2. inacessable boot decive after uninstall hfs 10.2

3. paragon 8 blue dots at boot

4. inaccessable boot drive paragon hfs bitlocker,
  5. inaccessible boot device paragon 15,
  6. device bluescreening after paragon restore,
  7. windows 7 device inaccessible after paragon,
  8. paragon hfs error csvol,
  9. csvol 7000 paragon hfs windows10 anniversary