Windows 10: BSOD after installing new power supply

Discus and support BSOD after installing new power supply in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attachment 85517 i7-930 MSI GeForce 660ti Dell XPS 9100 Windows 10 Home After having my computer's old power supply die I just installed a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lync3012, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Lync3012 Win User

BSOD after installing new power supply

Attachment 85517

i7-930
    MSI GeForce 660ti
    Dell XPS 9100
    Windows 10 Home

After having my computer's old power supply die I just installed a new one today to get the system up and running. In the time since then multiple ks.sys crashes have occurred. Including when I first booted the computer up with the new power supply. When I tried changing the port on the USB hub from my monitor it seemed to crash every couple of minutes, and after changing it back to the other USB port in the motherboard the system has stayed on although the microphone in the monitor and one of the USB ports on the monitor are not working properly.

:)

Lync3012, Jun 16, 2016

2. Entire user gone after installing new power supply

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will certainly help you with the issue.

To assist you better, please answer the questions below:

• Is any other software installed on your computer?
    • Do you receive any error message while searching for files?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to type any particular file which is missing in the search bar and check if it is available or not.

I also recommend you to go to recycle bin and check if you find any missing file.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to download the Microsoft Safety Scanner from the following link and check if it helps.

Safety Scanner - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Safety Scanner Disclaimer: There could be a loss of data while performing a scan using Microsoft safety scanner to eliminate viruses if any.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jun 16, 2016
  3. coltonhix Win User
    Entire user gone after installing new power supply

I just bought and installed a new power supply and when I booted up my computer it was just fine until it asked me to provide a windows product key. I bought my computer from my school (I go to a tech school) and later did the free upgrade to windows 10
    so I had no idea what my product key was. I saw a button that said skip and I guess it made me create an entirely new user. I signed in with my Microsoft account after it got all logged on and all that changed was my background, colors, etc.

Long story short I installed a new PSU, my other user with all my files (all my steam games, pictures, documents, etc.) seems to be completely missing as in the users folder there is the new user I created and local and I really need to get back onto my
    other user with all my files.

Anything will help!

coltonhix, Jun 16, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Lync3012,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please check Windows Update for the Windows 10586 update, it is recommended to update your installation as updates may fix your problem *Smile

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD after installing new power supply [​IMG]

BSOD after installing new power supply [​IMG]

5. Lync3012 Win User
    OK I went and Updated Windows 10 to Windows 10586 Update and it appears to have fixed one of the problems that was occurring. The second USB port on the back of my monitor is now working.

However when I move the USB cable running from the monitor to a different USB hub on the motherboard it runs into a Ks.sys error again and goes to restart the computer. I am adding an updated log here in response to the crash.

Attachment 85597

Lync3012, Jun 16, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
  7. Lync3012 Win User
    Attachment 85603

Hopefully that is the information needed. I look forward to any suggestions or if there is something more that needs to be done to help get the information needed.

Lync3012, Jun 16, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

There are no dumps, that is why I suggested to check the settings.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD after installing new power supply - Similar Threads - BSOD installing power

2. New power supply causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New power supply causing BSOD: Hi all,So my last power supply stopped working a few days ago, it was a 700w 80plus bronze power supply and I have just upgraded to a Corsair HX1000i PSU but now every time I boot my computer after a while it blue screens and the error code changes sometimes so it’s hard to...
  3. New power supply causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New power supply causing BSOD: Hi all,So my last power supply stopped working a few days ago, it was a 700w 80plus bronze power supply and I have just upgraded to a Corsair HX1000i PSU but now every time I boot my computer after a while it blue screens and the error code changes sometimes so it’s hard to...
  4. New power supply causing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Power supply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  6. Power supply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  7. Repeated BSOD since power supply failure....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated BSOD since power supply failure....: So for a couple months now I have been wrestling with frequent BSOD, which include but are not exclusive to KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE/irql_not_less_or_equal/attempted to write to readonly memory and so on. It's pretty clear that it's either RAM or a driver. I have ran...
  8. Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage

in Windows 10 News
    Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage: [ATTACH]When it comes to PC building, one of the most important components is the […] This article Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Power supply problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power supply problem: Hi, I recently got a new PSU as my other one blew up. However I seem to be having problems with my new one, where my PC will turn on, Windows will be laggy for about 5 minutes and then computer just shuts itself off. I turn the PC back on, and it barley makes it to the...
  10. NEW Power Supply Upgrade Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NEW Power Supply Upgrade Question: Hi All In order to prepare for future video card upgrade, decided for upcoming birthday to purchase newer power supply for my Asus M52BC_M32BC01 System, Found out Motherboard is M5A97 EVO 2, is there anything I should be aware of before doing the NEW Power supply install,...