Windows 10: BSOD after MSI motherboard update

Discus and support BSOD after MSI motherboard update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I updated my BIOS for my motherboard it originally wouldn't post. After clearing the CMOS, i could then only get it to post after removing one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RedlineEvrytime, Aug 8, 2018.

1. BSOD after MSI motherboard update

When I updated my BIOS for my motherboard it originally wouldn't post. After clearing the CMOS, i could then only get it to post after removing one of the RAM sticks. It immediately sent me to the BIOS where I confirmed the stock settings. Windows could boot. For experimentation sake I could do it with the other RAM stick as well. To get the board to post with both RAM sticks, I had to enable A-XMP settings in the BIOS and once i rebooted with the additional RAM stick it would sent me to the BIOS to confirm settings.

Everything ran great until the system decided to start crashing. I would have to start all over again to get Windows to boot. One sick, Bios, Windows, restart, BIOS, Windows, shut down, two sticks, BIOS, Windows, crash. Now its gotten to the point where it crashes with just one stick. I have two minidump files in the Minidump folder. I feel that I should have more.

I need help figuring out what is causing my BSOD. I can't reflash the mother board with the old BIOS. I tried, it won't let me. I'm thinking it's drivers, but I don't know how to go about replacing them. I check all my drivers once every few weeks to see if they are up to date. Like each driver. Every now and then I catch one that Windows update doesn't get. I am currently in safe mode on my PC. Thankfully my laptop hasn't had the same issues.

So how do I share my minidump files and convince one of you geniuses to lend a helping hand? I have copied the minidump folder into my One Drive. Do i just right click and select "share a One Drive link"?

Should I install the manufacturers drivers? MSI has told me to reflash my motherboard with the older BIOS, but like I said, that can't happen.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Specs:

Windows 10 Home

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MSI B350M Pro Gaming Motherboard

G. Skill Fortis DDR4 RAM - 2 x 8GB

Geforce GTX 1050ti

:)

RedlineEvrytime, Aug 8, 2018
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD after MSI motherboard update [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Aug 8, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    MSI Releases BIOS Updates for Motherboards to Support CPU-Attached RAID

MSI, the world-leading gaming motherboard brand, is proud to release new BIOS updates that allow MSI Intel motherboards to support CPU-Attached RAID. By using CrystalDiskMark 6.0.0, CPU-Attached RAID can provide better read/write speeds, which improves storage performance for RAID. MSI also created M.2 Genie, a brilliant feature to make setting up RAID 0 for M.2 much easier and less time consuming with fewer steps to connect the M.2 devices and enjoy higher speed.

Before experiencing unmatched transfer speed using CPU-Attached RAID, make sure your compatible MSI motherboards has been updated to the latest BIOS version. Updated BIOS version as below could support CPU-Attached RAID. Downloads are available on the motherboards' product pages.

BSOD after MSI motherboard update 4WE6mSDokP0E9mOM_thm.jpg

BSOD after MSI motherboard update vPJtTKp5d1S0UGHL_thm.jpg

BSOD after MSI motherboard update eakwrSOnfKSifdVf_thm.jpg

List of Supported Motherboard Models:

Intel Z370 Express

BSOD after MSI motherboard update 4MgMzaMtmbDLBc0q_thm.jpg

Intel X299 Express

BSOD after MSI motherboard update 3wUpY1znEMu6u655_thm.jpg

btarunr, Aug 8, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

BSOD after MSI motherboard update

AM3+ Processor Support BIOS Updates Available for Several MSI Motherboards

Leading international mainboard and graphics card maker MSI released the mainboard BIOS with full AMD AM3+ 8-core CPU support for download today. Enthusiasts that own one of the listed mainboards1 can now download the update to support the latest AMD AM3+ 8-core CPUs (B2 Stepping). For those planning to purchase a new mainboard, if the box is labeled with "Supports AM3+ CPU with New BIOS," the mainboard will support the powerful AMD AM3+ 8-core CPUs out of the box. Enthusiasts that have purchased a mainboard that is on the list of compatible mainboards can update the BIOS themselves to support the latest AM3+ 8-core CPUs. Also, new in this BIOS update is official support for MSI's proprietary ClickBIOS II system optimization tool for all AMD 900 mainboards. The graphical UEFI BIOS provides mainboard-level support, and exporting OC Profiles to USB drives offers unparalleled convenience.

BSOD after MSI motherboard update 64a_thm.jpg

Support for Latest AMD AM3+ 8-core CPUs Out of the Box with Designated Mainboards
    Starting today, enthusiasts can purchase MSI mainboards with a "Supports AM3+ CPU with New BIOS" label on the box. The labeling indicates that the mainboard has been updated with the latest BIOS and already supports the AMD AM3+ 8-core CPUs (B2 Stepping), so users can enjoy the extreme performance of the next-generation processors straight out of the box. Buyers of MSI mainboards on the list of compatible models will not need to buy a new mainboard. Once they update to the new BIOS, their mainboard will be ready for AMD AM3+ 8-core CPUs.

ClickBIOS II on all MSI AMD 900 Mainboards
    All MSI AMD 900 mainboards now also come with MSI's proprietary ClickBIOS II UEFI. System settings can be adjusted using the mouse, and the ClickBIOS II utility also supports online driver updates, BIOS updates and full-system backups. Also, for the first time ever, OC profiles can also be exported to USB drives under UEFI, a very convenient feature for overclocking enthusiasts.

BSOD after MSI motherboard update 64b_thm.jpg

For more information, visit this page.

btarunr, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

BSOD after MSI motherboard update

1. BSOD after MSI motherboard update - Similar Threads - BSOD MSI motherboard

2. How to reactivate windows 11 after msi motherboard bios update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reactivate windows 11 after msi motherboard bios update?: activation state "not active" after msi bios installation: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reactivate-windows-11-after-msi-motherboard/94f4bf28-d976-44ea-a42b-614523377d50
  3. How to reactivate windows 11 after msi motherboard bios update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reactivate windows 11 after msi motherboard bios update?: activation state "not active" after msi bios installation: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reactivate-windows-11-after-msi-motherboard/94f4bf28-d976-44ea-a42b-614523377d50
  4. "Activate windows" after udating bios on msi motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Activate windows" after udating bios on msi motherboard: Hello,I just updated my bios 2 hours ago and just noticed that my windows is not connected.It already happened to me before after i again updated my bios 3 month agougraded ram2 months ago i clicked on troubleshooting, i changed my hardware, selected my device and windows was...
  5. "Activate windows" after udating bios on msi motherboard

"Activate windows" after udating bios on msi motherboard: Hello,I just updated my bios 2 hours ago and just noticed that my windows is not connected.It already happened to me before after i again updated my bios 3 month agougraded ram2 months ago i clicked on troubleshooting, i changed my hardware, selected my device and windows was...
  6. Dont have windows after updating bios on Msi motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have windows after updating bios on Msi motherboard.: Hello. i just updated my bios and now that i am logged in it says that i dont have windows. I updated my bios like 2 months ago and i was saying the same thing but i clicked on troubleshooting and i changed my hardwarei upgraded my ram and it worked but now it says it unable...
  7. Dont have windows after updating bios on Msi motherboard.

Dont have windows after updating bios on Msi motherboard.: Hello. i just updated my bios and now that i am logged in it says that i dont have windows. I updated my bios like 2 months ago and i was saying the same thing but i clicked on troubleshooting and i changed my hardwarei upgraded my ram and it worked but now it says it unable...
  8. BSoD after motherboard switch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD after motherboard switch: Hello ! So today I changed my motherboard from a MSI B450M-A PRO MAX to an AORUS B550 Elite. When I booted up my PC, everything seemed normal, but a few seconds after I sign in I get a BSoD with error code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. My theory was and still is that old drivers...
  9. Random BSoD after updating motherboard BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random BSoD after updating motherboard BIOS: So, I updated my motherboard's BIOS recently and since then I've been getting pretty random BSoDs. It doesn't matter if I'm doing anything or not, it just happens. It's always one of two errors: Kernel Security Check Failure Driver IRQL Less or Not Equal My Specs: ASUS...
  10. BSOD after Updating Drivers with MSI Live Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Updating Drivers with MSI Live Update: Hello Community, hopefully you can Help me *Wink I did a clean Windows 10 installation today, after installing all drivers from my mainboard cd, everything was fine. Then i updated the Drivers with the MSI-Live-Update-Tool and restarted the pc. This is where i got the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod msi motherboards wifi