Windows 10: BSOD after plugging in usb gps reciever

Discus and support BSOD after plugging in usb gps reciever in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hp Elitebook 8540w i7 2.8 ghz 4gbs ram. I'm running a fresh windows 10 install. Everything seems fine until I plug a usb gps reciver into any usb port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by heallen21868, Aug 29, 2016.

1. BSOD after plugging in usb gps reciever

Hp Elitebook 8540w i7 2.8 ghz 4gbs ram. I'm running a fresh windows 10 install. Everything seems fine until I plug a usb gps reciver into any usb port on the machine. I have checked for driver updates, everything is ok there.
    Gps reciever has been used on this machine for a long period of time with no issues. I currently can use a usb external drive with no issues.

:)

heallen21868, Aug 29, 2016

2. CARK91 KIT HELP Any adaptation to use a Nokia 6260 phone

You will only loose the Bluetooth car kit connection if you plug you phone into the data lead, unfortunatly you can only have one bluetooth pairing at a time so you can not use you gps reciever and ck-7w at the same time, however you may be able to plug
    you phone into the ck-7w data lead and have bluetooth connected to your gps reciever, but i am not sure weather this will work or how safe this option will be.

Danny b

dannyboy---01, Aug 29, 2016
  3. Microsoft GPS Puck causes Windows 10 to abort to BSOD

MS Streets and trips has been working under Win 10 until the Anniversary update. Now the system crashes when the USB cable for the Pharos GPS-500 is plunged in, with BSOD msg "KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE"

This is a Microsoft branded GPS and it crashes the system when plugged in.

Please analyze the dump file.

Link to dump BSOD.zip

Thank you

BillLittle147, Aug 29, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD after plugging in usb gps reciever

Hi healen21868,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Have you used Kaspersky?
    The crashes look to be caused by Kaspersky drivers where I can find only a single install of the drivers back in the event logs.

5. Yes. Kaspersky was installed at one point. I read where it could be an issue and uninstalled it.

heallen21868, Aug 31, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
  7. I reinstalled Windows10 and bought a new USB GPS receiver. Problem solved. I did try the old GPS receiver. It also works after the reinstall of Windows10. I appreciate the help even though nothing actually worked.

heallen21868, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD after plugging in usb gps reciever

1. BSOD after plugging in usb gps reciever - Similar Threads - BSOD plugging usb

2. BSOD error after plugging USB microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error after plugging USB microphone: Hello everyone, recently I bought a microphone. I plugged it into my PC, and suddenly it froze, then a blue screen appeared with the message "DPC Watchdog Violation." I updated my BIOS and drivers, but it still isn't working....
  3. BSOD error after plugging USB microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error after plugging USB microphone: Hello everyone, recently I bought a microphone. I plugged it into my PC, and suddenly it froze, then a blue screen appeared with the message "DPC Watchdog Violation." I updated my BIOS and drivers, but it still isn't working....
  4. usb port will not reconize garmin gps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb port will not reconize garmin gps: usb port will not reconize garmin gps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-port-will-not-reconize-garmin-gps/93e092e6-2324-40d1-a337-06e5a54dbe81
  5. usb port will not reconize garmin gps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb port will not reconize garmin gps: usb port will not reconize garmin gps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-port-will-not-reconize-garmin-gps/93e092e6-2324-40d1-a337-06e5a54dbe81
  6. BSOD usbaudio.sys error after plugging USB microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD usbaudio.sys error after plugging USB microphone: Hello, recently i bought a microphone. Then when i want to try it right after plugging it to the laptop , my laptop crash. Already tried different port and i also have tried plug and unplugged the microphone and in the device manager it still present USB pnp device. I cannot...
  7. Usb gps dongle help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Usb gps dongle help: Hey guys, I'm building a mobile APRS system using a Windows 10 tablet (CHUWI Hi10 X). It requires a GPS dongle to be connected. The dongle itself does work but when I plug it in and go to device manger it shows up under sensors and not a com port. Needs to be a com port so I...
  8. BSOD after Plugging in USB device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Plugging in USB device: So it happened just yesterday, but some symptoms did appeared before. Windows 10 home intel core i7-7700HQ @2.80GHz 64bit 1. 3 days ago, my computer started to lag eventhough my ram is 24 gb 2. last night, when I tried to plug my usb32 gb flash drive for documents and...
  9. BSOD after USB flash memory plug in

BSOD after USB flash memory plug in: Hello, I have Win 10 Home installed in my Lenovo laptop. After v2004 Win 10 update, I have problem with USB. When I plug in USB flash into it, I have always BSOD - system exception. All USB ports - same problem. All Win 10 updates are installed, latest firmware, all drivers...
  10. BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys

BSOD when plugging in USB usbhxci.sys: Any time I try to use one of my USH 3.0 ports, I get an BSOD error. If I start the computer with a device plugged in, it goes straight o BSOD. If I start the computer without anything plugged into that port and then plug something in, it immediately crashes. I've tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trimble GPS causes BSOD on windows 10 computer

2. windows 10 1803 plugging in USB BSOD

3. streets and trips gps receiver bsod

4. pharos gps 500 driver