Windows 10: BSOD after recent Anniversary upgrade

Discus and support BSOD after recent Anniversary upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having issues with my windows machine crashing and rebooting (mostly after being put to sleep). Any help will be very appreciated! 59652 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrMcMillan, Aug 9, 2016.

1. BSOD after recent Anniversary upgrade

Hi,

I'm having issues with my windows machine crashing and rebooting (mostly after being put to sleep). Any help will be very appreciated!

:)

MrMcMillan, Aug 9, 2016
  2. PennPerry Win User

I get "system thread exception not handled" error when finishing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Exact problem here. Confirmed (at least for myself) that it is a problem with Avast. Had to fully uninstall Avast to get Anniversary Update to complete without BSOD and aforementioned error message. Unfortunately, even after using Avast Clear, Windows
    Defender would not take over antivirus responsibilities after Anniversary Update completed, and attempting a fresh install of Avast produced the BSOD and same error message.

I have restored to build 1511 and deferred upgrades until Avast issues a fix. Yuck.

Penn

PennPerry, Aug 9, 2016
  3. BikkiShah Win User
    When will windows 10 final anniversary update release? and after windows 10 final anniversary update released will windows 10 free upgrade also expires?

I recently knew that the windows 10 is bringing new anniversary update. so i am wondering that when will the windows 10 final anniversary update will available for free and after windows 10 anniversary update released will the subscription for the windows
    10 free upgrade will expire?

BikkiShah, Aug 9, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD after recent Anniversary upgrade

Hi MrMcMillan,

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

It seems Acronis is causing your issues.
    I would suggest to check for updates or remove Acronis.
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 100000B8, {ffff84065f3e7080, ffff84065660c080, 0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for snapman.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for snapman.sys Probably caused by : snapman.sys ( snapman+18e71 ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote]

axe0, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

BSOD after recent Anniversary upgrade

1. BSOD after recent Anniversary upgrade - Similar Threads - BSOD recent Anniversary

2. BSOD After the recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD After the recent update: So like many other people here i am also having issues with the latest Windows Update; but a little more severe it feels like. When my PC boots the second time i am greeted by a BSOD with "Page Fault in nonepaged area" It then fails two more times, and the only way to get my...
  3. OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade: I just upgraded to the AU and all is fine apart from a problem with OneDrive which was working fine. I log in using a Microsoft account. OneDrive seems to have lost the account linkage it had. When I try to add my account, I get this message: [img] When I click on...
  4. BSODs after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs after the anniversary update: I don't know where to begin with this one. I was on windows 7 in the past and my PC (custom built) constantly suffered from BSOD and random crashes (like browsers crashing randomly). I did my best to try and find out what is causing these issues and ended up narrowing it...
  5. BSOD after Anniversary Update: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Anniversary Update: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: No issues before updating, or during it. This happened few minutes after the update, already twice. Logs: Attachment 95142 59541
  6. Hard drive size puzzle after Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard drive size puzzle after Anniversary Upgrade: I have a situation which I am totally unable to explain. I have a Dell 1750 notebook and a Dell 660s. Both run the 32-bit Windows 10 on a 64-bit hardware architecture. The only significant difference in installed software is that the Dell-660s has Microsoft Flight...
  7. Fixing Autoplay after the Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Fixing Autoplay after the Anniversary Upgrade: Hi, frustratingly, the upgrade sets all default settings (there are many) to default, and autoplay off. These steps are necessary (in my experience). 1. Follow this old fix: Fixes for AutoPlay Dialog Box Not Appearing When Plugging in a Removable Device • Raymond.CC...
  8. All reg edits undone after Anniversary upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    All reg edits undone after Anniversary upgrade.: So I upgraded to the Anniversary version, and all mt edits are gone. Thankfully I made a .reg backup before then. The question now is, can I use that .reg file in this version? Will it screw any thing up? 79776
  9. No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade: After the Anniversary Upgrade (AU), I had no Windows search on my PC. This means that File Explorer could not show anything under OS (C:\), FreeCommander wouldn't even start, I could not download to any file other than a Quick Access file, some desktop icons would not work,...
  10. Windows Anniversary. Is it an Update or an Upgrade ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Anniversary. Is it an Update or an Upgrade ?: I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this. Many are calling this an 'update', whereas a few are mentioning 'upgrade'. My understanding is that as an 'Update', we have no choice but to install it when released. i.e its just a normal Windows update. If it...