Windows 10: BSOD after running Kaspersky or playing GTA 5

Discus and support BSOD after running Kaspersky or playing GTA 5 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've had several BSODs in the last few weeks. It happens randomly and with no clear pattern, but most often it happens when I run KVRT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KRISIS, May 19, 2017.

1. KRISIS Win User

BSOD after running Kaspersky or playing GTA 5

Hello,

I've had several BSODs in the last few weeks. It happens randomly and with no clear pattern, but most often it happens when I run KVRT (Kaspersky Tool) and when playing GTA 5.

Sometimes it can go days without a BSOD, then again I get 5 a day.

If I try to reproduce the BSOD I have to at least run KVRT 5 times and sometimes do something in the browser (Firefox), so it's not so easy to pinpoint the cause, as it sometimes runs for several days with no problem.

GTA 5 also showed some major slowdowns, as well as graphical errors and game crashes that did not necessarily lead to a BSOD but sometimes did.

Benchmarks and Stresstests (AMD Overdrive, CPU-Z, Prime95) still don't crash or freeze the PC, no matter how long they run. So I wonder why KVRT and GTA cause such problems. MemTest86 did not show any problems.

Driver are all up to date and windows is updated to the newest version. There is no unknown device in the device manager.

The system uses an AMD FX-9590 Eight Core processor that has been overclocked to 4,8 GHz (from 4,7) and else only has the graphics card R9 390 slightly overclocked to 1050 MHz (from 1010). The built was stable in 3D Mark Firestrike Stress Test and I had no problem for around a year. Games worked as they should, and there was not a single BSOD before.

For 4 weeks, however, I had more and more BSODs over time. At the beginning they were rare but now they are more frequent. I set the clocks of both the CPU and GPU back to normal, but now I lag in game and I cannot play it anymore. I still have the same crashes with stock speeds as with overclocks, so there is no difference there.

Some people pointed out that Power Supply Units can degrade over time. The PSU is from 2011 and had been constantly in use since then. Do you think the voltages dropped over time so that it isn't enough for the CPU?
    I raised the vcore (and all the other) voltages in the BIOS, but that has only lead to more frequent BSODs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! *Smile

:)

KRISIS, May 19, 2017

2. BSOD

I'm not over-cloking my processor.

I think that i didn't had a problem with the heat. I had a bsod when i was playing at gta 5 in april.

BricePetit, May 19, 2017
  3. AMD Switchable Graphics not Working after Upgrading to Windows 10

I tried run fifa 15.....doesn't run, back on windows 7 i played gta 5 without problems

FabioDaniel11, May 19, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi KRISIS,

Please revert back the overclocks.
    Overclocking an unstable system could result in various issues.

Thema:

1. BSOD after running Kaspersky or playing GTA 5 - Similar Threads - BSOD running Kaspersky

2. BSoD when playing GTA V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD when playing GTA V: Hi, I keep getting the blue screen of death every 20 minutes or so while playing GTA V, I don't know why My graphic driver is up-to-day, While restoro didn't work for me because it was paid. Can someone help me?...
  3. GTA 5 Lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 Lagging: [IMG]My problem not solved after updating Windows. I having same problem memory continuously increasing while playing only gta 5, you can see in the above picture. So try to give me some idea's to solve memory leaking....
  4. BSOD while playing GTA V

BSOD while playing GTA V: Hello everyone. Could someone please help me troubleshoot BSODs which occurs every single time I play GTA V for few minutes on my laptop? I had uninstalled nvidia drivers using DDU and reinstalled them, removed undervolt/overclock in msi afterburner and even clean installed...
  5. BSOD while playing GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while playing GTA V: hey, can you guys help me fix my problem like i always get BSOD while playing GTA V only. idk why but if i play difference games like maybe CS:GO or The Forest i didnt get BSOD idk why maybe cuz my GTA files is corrupted or wut i got this kindda problem like 2 days ago at...
  6. Will i be able to play GTA 5 on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will i be able to play GTA 5 on my laptop: My laptop is a Dell Windows 10, Core I5, 7th gen. My pc has a total sotrage compacity of 916GB and so far have left 815GB. My processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.70GHz My installed memory (RAM) 8.00GB (7.90 GB usable) System type: 64-bit...
  7. Gta 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gta 5: Does anyone get fps drops while driving around in the city? Is there any solution to this? Specs : 8gb ram, core i5 2nd gen (2.4 with turbo boost upto 3.2 Ghz) AMD Radeon 6770M 2gb GDDR5 Intel HD 3000 2gb Windows 10 Insider Pro Preview 6093
  8. BSOD playing GTA, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

BSOD playing GTA, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR: Playing GTA got this Error my PC RestartedAttachment 45728 28380
  9. BSOD when playing GTA 5

BSOD when playing GTA 5: I've been playing GTA 5 recently, and for the last few weeks, have had semi-persistent bluescreens while playing. Attached is the DM Log Collector file for my system. If someone could please take a look at this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks! 76600
  10. BSOD While Playing GTA V

BSOD While Playing GTA V: Okay so here's a thing that has only made me scratch my head. I have a high end pc, I can play any game I can think of non stop, best settings. As soon as I try GTA V. I get that BSOD. It's very random and I can't seem to pinpoint what's going on, any help is appreciated. I...