Windows 10: BSOD after Updating Drivers with MSI Live Update

Discus and support BSOD after Updating Drivers with MSI Live Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Community, hopefully you can Help me *Wink I did a clean Windows 10 installation today, after installing all drivers from my mainboard cd,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dragonfruit, Sep 12, 2016.

1. BSOD after Updating Drivers with MSI Live Update

Hello Community,
    hopefully you can Help me *Wink

I did a clean Windows 10 installation today, after installing all drivers from my mainboard cd, everything was fine.
    Then i updated the Drivers with the MSI-Live-Update-Tool and restarted the pc.
    This is where i got the BSOD which said "Bad-Pool-Header".
    I had to reset the PC 3 times, then i was able to get back into windows.

I think it is the "realtek HD audio driver" causing the problem but i am not good in PC-Analystics so i hope to get some help and possibly the new driver link because for the realtek driver i was not able to find a newer version.

General PC-Specs:
    Computer Type PC/Desktop
    OS Win 10 Pro X64
    CPU Intel I7 4790K not overclocked
    Motherboard MSI Z97 GD65 Gaming
    Memory 32GB
    Graphics Card Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming

Thanks in advance
    /Sebastian

:)

Dragonfruit, Sep 12, 2016
  2. Romel Ram Win User

BSOD after updating motherboard using MSI Live Update 6...every time...

Hi Ian,

It is possible that this error is due to driver or registry problem. To properly isolate the problem, kindly verify the following queries:

We hope to hear from you soon.

Romel Ram, Sep 12, 2016
  3. BSOD after updating motherboard using MSI Live Update 6...every time...

Every time I run the updater for my motherboard, I get a "Bad System Config" BSOD on reboot and have no idea why? The two items I just installed were: a Realtek HD Audio driver and a Super Charger utility for my B250 PC Mate motherboard. When the installer
    is finished, it says to Reboot the system. I have always clicked to close the updater window and then reboot. Should it matter if I leave it on screen and then reboot.? At a loss... System = W10Pro 64-bit version 1703 / i7-7700 3.60GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDA GeForce
    GTX 1060 3GB.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

IanStriemer, Sep 12, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD after Updating Drivers with MSI Live Update

Hi Sebastian,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

It is not your audio driver causing the crashes, but the MSI software.
    My recommendation is to uninstall all MSI programs and install all the drivers from the MSI support page instead.
    Code: 4: kd> lmvm amifldrv64 Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`fe700000 fffff800`fe705000 amifldrv64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: amifldrv64.sys Image path: \??\C:\MSI\Smart Utilities\amifldrv64.sys Image name: amifldrv64.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Wed Oct 07 18:50:32 2009 (4ACCC6D8) CheckSum: 0001259F ImageSize: 00005000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. Thanks i will try this when i return home this afternoon.
    The problem / the BSOD occurs everytime i try to install a new audio driver version thats why i thought it might be that.
    I'll start by removing the smart utilities and then trying to install the audio driver.

Dragonfruit, Sep 13, 2016
  6. Thanks was able to update and install new drivers flawless after uninstalling "MSI Smart Utilities"

Dragonfruit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD after Updating Drivers with MSI Live Update

1. BSOD after Updating Drivers with MSI Live Update - Similar Threads - BSOD Updating Drivers

2. BSOD after updating Windows drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after updating Windows drivers: SHORT VERSION:I can't start Windows, enter safe mode, and even reinstall WIndows. Always crashes with BSOD.LONG VERSION:I have a laptop Samsung NP370R5e. This laptop has an integrated Intel and an external AMD graphics card. Therefore, I have already had problems with graphic...
  3. BSOD after updating Windows drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after updating Windows drivers: SHORT VERSION:I can't start Windows, enter safe mode, and even reinstall WIndows. Always crashes with BSOD.LONG VERSION:I have a laptop Samsung NP370R5e. This laptop has an integrated Intel and an external AMD graphics card. Therefore, I have already had problems with graphic...
  4. Bluescreens after updating Drivers with MSI Live Update 6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreens after updating Drivers with MSI Live Update 6: Hello,I tried to update my drivers via the original manufacturer's MSI Live Update 6 and then it all began. It could be that i dont quite remember every single step that i've taken since then but anyway as an end result i then upgraded my windows 10 to windows 11 got my BIOS...
  5. Bluescreens after updating Drivers with MSI Live Update 6

Bluescreens after updating Drivers with MSI Live Update 6: Hello,I tried to update my drivers via the original manufacturer's MSI Live Update 6 and then it all began. It could be that i dont quite remember every single step that i've taken since then but anyway as an end result i then upgraded my windows 10 to windows 11 got my BIOS...
  6. Multiple BSOD after updating drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD after updating drivers: I've had several BSOD errors over the last month or so. I initially suspected a faulty driver in my GPU since analyzing my MEMORY.DMP file in WinDB indicated that this was the case. However, I am still getting the blue screen despite my best efforts, most recently with a...
  7. Multiple BSOD after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD after updating drivers: I've had several BSOD errors over the last month or so. I initially suspected a faulty driver in my GPU since analyzing my MEMORY.DMP file in WinDB indicated that this was the case. However, I am still getting the blue screen despite my best efforts, most recently with a...
  8. Multiple BSOD after updating drivers

9. Bsod after windows and driver updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bsod after windows and driver updates: submitted by /u/interntldelight [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fi9mty/bsod_after_windows_and_driver_updates/
  10. BSOD after MSI motherboard update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after MSI motherboard update: When I updated my BIOS for my motherboard it originally wouldn't post. After clearing the CMOS, i could then only get it to post after removing one of the RAM sticks. It immediately sent me to the BIOS where I confirmed the stock settings. Windows could boot. For...