Windows 10: BSOD after Updating Drivers with MSI Live Update

Discus and support BSOD after Updating Drivers with MSI Live Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Community, hopefully you can Help me *Wink I did a clean Windows 10 installation today, after installing all drivers from my mainboard cd,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dragonfruit, Sep 12, 2016.

1. BSOD after Updating Drivers with MSI Live Update

Hello Community,
    hopefully you can Help me *Wink

I did a clean Windows 10 installation today, after installing all drivers from my mainboard cd, everything was fine.
    Then i updated the Drivers with the MSI-Live-Update-Tool and restarted the pc.
    This is where i got the BSOD which said "Bad-Pool-Header".
    I had to reset the PC 3 times, then i was able to get back into windows.

I think it is the "realtek HD audio driver" causing the problem but i am not good in PC-Analystics so i hope to get some help and possibly the new driver link because for the realtek driver i was not able to find a newer version.

General PC-Specs:
    Computer Type PC/Desktop
    OS Win 10 Pro X64
    CPU Intel I7 4790K not overclocked
    Motherboard MSI Z97 GD65 Gaming
    Memory 32GB
    Graphics Card Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming

Thanks in advance
    /Sebastian

:)

Dragonfruit, Sep 12, 2016
  2. Romel Ram Win User

BSOD after updating motherboard using MSI Live Update 6...every time...

Hi Ian,

It is possible that this error is due to driver or registry problem. To properly isolate the problem, kindly verify the following queries:

We hope to hear from you soon.

Romel Ram, Sep 12, 2016
  3. BSOD after updating motherboard using MSI Live Update 6...every time...

Every time I run the updater for my motherboard, I get a "Bad System Config" BSOD on reboot and have no idea why? The two items I just installed were: a Realtek HD Audio driver and a Super Charger utility for my B250 PC Mate motherboard. When the installer
    is finished, it says to Reboot the system. I have always clicked to close the updater window and then reboot. Should it matter if I leave it on screen and then reboot.? At a loss... System = W10Pro 64-bit version 1703 / i7-7700 3.60GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDA GeForce
    GTX 1060 3GB.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

IanStriemer, Sep 12, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD after Updating Drivers with MSI Live Update

Hi Sebastian,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

It is not your audio driver causing the crashes, but the MSI software.
    My recommendation is to uninstall all MSI programs and install all the drivers from the MSI support page instead.
    Code: 4: kd> lmvm amifldrv64 Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`fe700000 fffff800`fe705000 amifldrv64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: amifldrv64.sys Image path: \??\C:\MSI\Smart Utilities\amifldrv64.sys Image name: amifldrv64.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Wed Oct 07 18:50:32 2009 (4ACCC6D8) CheckSum: 0001259F ImageSize: 00005000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. Thanks i will try this when i return home this afternoon.
    The problem / the BSOD occurs everytime i try to install a new audio driver version thats why i thought it might be that.
    I'll start by removing the smart utilities and then trying to install the audio driver.

Dragonfruit, Sep 13, 2016
  6. Thanks was able to update and install new drivers flawless after uninstalling "MSI Smart Utilities"

Dragonfruit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD after Updating Drivers with MSI Live Update

1. BSOD after Updating Drivers with MSI Live Update - Similar Threads - BSOD Updating Drivers

2. BSOD came after updating the chipset driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD came after updating the chipset driver: I found in portal , I got a new update for Chipset drivers so I updated the one after rebooting the machine I saw BSOD Inaccessible Boot Device can you guys help me here
  3. BSOD after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after update: I usually just close cover on laptop to save work. Got a Windows 10 auto update in Oct. 2018 a few days ago, I don't remember the exact day, last night I shut my laptop down via power, shutdown sequence. When I tried to turn it on this morning ( 10/15/18 ) I got a second of...
  4. BSOD after MSI motherboard update

BSOD after MSI motherboard update: When I updated my BIOS for my motherboard it originally wouldn't post. After clearing the CMOS, i could then only get it to post after removing one of the RAM sticks. It immediately sent me to the BIOS where I confirmed the stock settings. Windows could boot. For...
  5. BSOD after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after update: In the last 4 days I have had 2 systems, seemingly running fine, suddenly pop up a BSOD. The first system had the HDD system files scrambled and I've had to replace the disk. The second system just did the same thing 5 minutes ago. The BSOD pops up, an error message is...
  6. BSOD's- Windows 10 after driver updates

BSOD's- Windows 10 after driver updates: Hello, I have been having issues with wireless module not showing available networks on this laptop recently. I have had to reboot to get the wireless networks to show up. I checked the Dell site the other day and installed an updated driver for the wireless adapter, as...
  7. BSOD when updating driver

BSOD when updating driver: Hi I'm trying to update my drivers and when I try to install the Intel(R) Serial IO Driver my laptop goes to a BSOD with the Stop Code: System Thread Exception Not Handled. What failed: iaioi2ce.sys. I had no open applications when this happened. I've tried it numerous...
  8. BSOD after driver updates - Multiple computers

BSOD after driver updates - Multiple computers: I recently started working for a MSP and I'm learning the ropes, so bear with me. I deployed driver updates for a client, and three computers have BSOD'd today. I've tried disabling drivers, updating, the whole 9 yards. I can only start the PC in safe mode. I...
  9. BSOD errors after anniversary update on MSI GE40 Dragon Eyes

BSOD errors after anniversary update on MSI GE40 Dragon Eyes: I am getting some BSOD errors on my GE 40 especially since the anniversary update which I did several weeks ago. I am now beyond the point of reverting to the earlier version, I think. It has been happening more often. The computer starts up and shuts down fine. The only new...
  10. Drivers... MSI.. CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers... MSI.. CD: Having a hard time with error: "Failed to load hardware monitor driver!", i'm trying to install certain programs and drivers from a CD from MSI and with no success this error pops-up everytime. tried restarting resetting my pc and alot of more with the none-help of microsoft...