Windows 10: BSOD after upgrade to Win10/trouble "Resetting" Win10/

Discus and support BSOD after upgrade to Win10/trouble "Resetting" Win10/ in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few months back I: Purchased a new Samsung 850 EVO SSHD and also upgraded from Win7 to Win10. After the upgrade I started experiencing seemingly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Georgeous, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Georgeous Win User

BSOD after upgrade to Win10/trouble "Resetting" Win10/

A few months back I: Purchased a new Samsung 850 EVO SSHD and also upgraded from Win7 to Win10.

After the upgrade I started experiencing seemingly random system lock-ups. They occur one of two ways:
    1. happens periodically when the system is left running on the desktop. Double solid red lights on front case, the ability to move my mouse over a frozen screen. I am unable to access task manager, alt-tab. When I manually reboot the system I get a black screen "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key." Immediately pressing a key sends the system into a normal start up.

2. happens periodically when I am gaming. The gameplay will freeze, sound changes to a steady tone as if stuck on a note, mouse movement is frozen. After several moments the system restarts into the black screen from above "Reboot and Select...".

My system is taking longer than usual to start up and programs seem to be loading slower.

The owner of the PC shop near me told me that I should reset Win10 but during two attempts during the same percentage of completion I get a BSOD "Reset this PC. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes where made.

:)

Georgeous, Apr 8, 2017

2. HOW TO GET WINDOWS 10 TO BE STABLE AND WORK THE WAY YOU WANT AND NEED

Upgrading to Win10 1511 and/or Win10 1607 will reset nearly all settings to the default state.

Installing MS Office (and a few other MS applications) will do that, too.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 8, 2017
  3. Monkey57 Win User
    How do I disable the "Get Office 365" notifications?

Respecting that you feel "Get Office" and other Win10/Microsoft promotionals are 'adware'... These promotionals can be uninstalled with 'Apps and Feature' or 'Programs and Features'. And after Win10 upgrades, they come back -- it is doubtful, they seriously
    impact the safety and security of the device; and can be removed, again. Knowing that settings may revert back to defaults after an upgrade, re-tune the system after each upgrade (a Win10 upgrade is different then a Win10 update).

Monkey57, Apr 8, 2017
  4. Georgeous Win User

A reply to include the attached diagnostics file.

Georgeous, Apr 8, 2017
  5. Something isnt making sense there. The BSOD given is 0x9F which is DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. This indicates that a driver couldnt maintain a stable power state for a device. The file its pointing to is the NT Kernel.

What isnt making sense is the first parameter is 0x3. According to carrona.org, this first parameter only exists in Windows 2000, but here it is in Windows 10. Maybe someone who knows a little more about BSOD analysis can come by and give better input than me.

ArazelEternal, Apr 9, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Wondering where you get your information from, this kind of 0x9F has happened relatively often in Windows 7, 8 and 10.

To the OP
    Your report states that you are using Non Genuine copy of software
    This forum's Rules clearly state that help will not be provided to those using Non genuine Software.

Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating software will inevitably change the working of software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be pleased to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.

axe0, Apr 9, 2017
  7. Georgeous Win User
    To the OP
    Your report states that you are using Non Genuine copy of software
    This forum's Rules clearly state that help will not be provided to those using Non genuine Software.

Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating software will inevitably change the working of software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be pleased to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.[/QUOTE]

Can you let me know what software I own that is pirated? I pay for all of my malware/security software, use Apache Open Office, and purchased a windows10 key directly from Microsoft. When I purchased the premade PC from cyberpower, it came with a version of Windows7 that I paid for. I am genuinely confused at this as I simply game on the desktop.

Georgeous, Apr 9, 2017
  8. Georgeous Win User

The flash people? Would deleting the main adobe folder be sufficient? I'm not terribly tech savvy and am not certain what programs from them I even use outside of their flashplayer. Can browser plug-ins be considered pirated software?

Georgeous, Apr 9, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    The onces you should normally pay for, and have not done so, those are pirated software.

10. Georgeous Win User
    Yes, thank you. However, I am not sure what program is coming up as pirated. As far as I know the flashplayer is free? I have a few browser plug-ins, such as one that saved youtube videos - since removed as I genuninely didn't know that this was a form of piracy. Apart from the flashplayer and the pdf viewer (which I've always assumed was free) I don't own any software from Adobe pirated or otherwise. I had a copy of photoshop installed to fix vacation photos several years ago but that is no longer on my harddrive. I did have issues when upgrading from Win7 to 10 as I accidentally selected the wrong version (Pro instead of Home) and this caused about a weeks worth of trouble, as it was rejecting my windows key. However I don't think that would trigger anything. I do have a friend who helps me with PC issues and has installed a few programs to access my desktop remotely/to help with adding mods for video games. He also showed me the free word program that I use so if that file I uploaded here is showing a specific program I can ask him if he put something on illegally.

If I am breaking rules for continuing to post on this topic - I am sorry and can try to seek help elsewhere.

Georgeous, Apr 10, 2017
  11. Ztruker Win User
    How about Adobe Photoshop CC 2015?

Ztruker, Apr 10, 2017
  12. Georgeous Win User
    Is not installed on my pc via add/remove programs.

Georgeous, Apr 10, 2017
  13. Georgeous Win User

I can't find PS anywhere on my harddrive (I searched for that name and add/remove programs). When I switched from a standard HD to a solid-state I removed most programs that I rarely used to make room for the smaller space. That could have been the version that I had but honestly I'm not really sure. Just about everything was either preinstalled or installed for me.

Georgeous, Apr 10, 2017
  14. hawkman Win User
    Hi Georgeous,
    was this clean install of 10 or did you upgrade via update.

I have a sneaky feeling that the adobe entries are for updating only.

Roy

hawkman, Apr 10, 2017
  15. Georgeous Win User
    Hi Roy, I upgraded from 7 to 10. The installation/update was messy however. I clicked on the wrong version (pro instead of home) and could not go backwards to the previous build when I attempted. For awhile I had a rather large "water stamp" in the bottom right of my screen asking me to "Activate Windows". However the key that came with my PC wasn't working due to the wrong version being applied. With assistance, I was able to make a "boot drive" (which I assume was legal as I found the directions on a Microsoft website) to install the correct version. I believe this is why I am having problems "resetting my pc" although that is pure speculation.

~George

Georgeous, Apr 10, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD after upgrade to Win10/trouble "Resetting" Win10/ - Similar Threads - BSOD upgrade Win10

2. win10 20h2 troubles

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 20h2 troubles: I'm really beginning to think I've allowed myself to be majorly scammed in the last 2 to 3 weeks. Sorry for the long story but details are important. "Microsoft" informs me that my version of win10 will no longer be supported because i havent been able to receive updates. So...
  3. reset win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset win10: Tôi đã có vấn đề cài đặt lại Windows 10, tôi đã cố gắng tải về các cửa sổ cập nhật trợ lý https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-win10/c646ec0a-2be0-4bf1-8bb4-25fad7349134
  4. BSOD after upgrade to 1909 release of Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after upgrade to 1909 release of Win10: Hi, after have made the last windows upgrade (1909), My PC with Windows10pro stopped to work with BSOD. I buyed EasyRE software but, after have run it, I still have the BSOD screen with this error message: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. You can restart."...
  5. Random BSOD after upgrading to Win10

Random BSOD after upgrading to Win10: Hello Guys, I upgraded to Win10 with massive random BSODs. Im like getting crazy, I updated all drivers manuelly, every little device driver I could found but with no luck. I had Win 7 for several years without a single BSOD but after the upgrade it happens on random. Im...
  6. BSOD after official win10 upgrade

BSOD after official win10 upgrade: So i finally got the msg that win 10 is ready for install, so i pressed installed after the first restart(during install) i got BSOD which was weird. So i went through the rest of the setup and finally windows booted and less than 5 min on use i got another BSOD, then...
  7. Laptop BSOD even after Win10 Reset

Laptop BSOD even after Win10 Reset: Hello, I´ve tried posting to reddit with no answers, so Ill try here. Therefore, ill just copy-paste everything from my post: "Hi,Incoming wall of text. I´ve recently bought a new laptop, and it´s been working like a charm for 2-3 months. Suddenly, a couple of days...
  8. Numerous BSODs Since Before/After Upgrading To Win10

Numerous BSODs Since Before/After Upgrading To Win10: I realise the title isn't greatly descriptive but that's because nearly every BSOD I get is a new one so trying to pinpoint a particular bugcheck seems like a wasted effort. For clarity, my specs are as follows: OS: Windows 10 Home 64 Bit CPU: AMD FX-8120 RAM: 16GB Dual...
  9. regular BSOD after upgrade to Win10

regular BSOD after upgrade to Win10: I experience a very frequent BSODs. I've searched the inet for the symptom, everyone blames Alcohool 120%. I've never had it. I attach the system information file with 50 minidumps. I would be thankful if you could help me to identify the reason for these BSODS. Thanks...
  10. Multiple BSOD codes in a week; after Win10 upgrade

Multiple BSOD codes in a week; after Win10 upgrade: Hi, I have recently upgraded from Win8 to Win10 (clean install, kept only the non-system data partition). While running Win8 it may have crashed once or twice in the past year, but nothing major. Since installing Win10 about a week ago, I've had like 6 BSOD's of varying...