Windows 10: BSOD After waking from sleep - nvlddmkm.sys -

Discus and support BSOD After waking from sleep - nvlddmkm.sys - in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Following the upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 when I wake from sleep my PC wakes but with a completely black screen. Following a hard reset I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jonwestuk, Sep 21, 2015.

1. jonwestuk Win User

BSOD After waking from sleep - nvlddmkm.sys -

Hi,

Following the upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 when I wake from sleep my PC wakes but with a completely black screen. Following a hard reset I get a BSOD regarding nvlddmkm.sys and the system reboots and my c drive is scanned for errors.

I have tried updating drivers for my system and graphics card but the issue persists. Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure whether this is relevant or not, but I run a two screen set-up both from my graphics card.

Thanks for your help, I really don't know where to turn from here.

Jon

PS - system specs are up-to-date. A Speccy output is attached as well as the system dump files.

:)

jonwestuk, Sep 21, 2015

2. Blue Screen die (BSOD), Windows 10 Professional Laptop Machine

I can confirm that this problem would occur every time I wake the computer up from sleep mode.

After a few seconds waking up from sleep mode, the computer will freeze and then BSOD occurs

Very annoying.

SuperBoyChoy, Sep 21, 2015
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD in Windows 10 after wake up from sleep

I have this issue with BSOD on my computer whenever my system wakes up from sleep. It usually happen after awhile after wakes up from sleep (sometimes within half an hour or hours of used). If I never sleep my system (meaning always start from fresh restart),
    no issue with BSOD.

Attached is my minidump file.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BBBE2E771BBAFCCB!4719&authkey=!ACl6Tb3NwjlChdE&ithint=file,dmp

Anyone can give a hand here?

instaFelix, Sep 21, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi jonwestuk,

Welcome to the 10forums.

The errors you get are specific to your GPU, usually caused by drivers.

Please check MSI (again) for driver updates.

I assume the uploaded snapshot of speccy is when your pc is idle.
    Please monitor the temperature of your GPU when under load.

5. jonwestuk Win User
    Hi,

Thanks for the response. The drivers I am using are direct from nvidia as of today as they are more up-to-date and specific to windows 10. MSI only have drivers for Win 8.1 at the moment - that seems like a backwards step, but should I wipe the latest nvidia drivers and try to install the Win 8.1 version?

On the temps issue, I am wondering how much heat could realistically be generated during the very first 10 seconds of start-up? The graphics card works fine under the load of games like GTA V, I can monitor the temps more closely but do you really think it is worth the effort for an issue related to turning the PC on?

Thanks,

Jon

jonwestuk, Sep 21, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    The drivers from Nvidia are lately a little buggy as you noticed. It might help to try older drivers.

I don't think it is worth watching the temps at bootup, unless you notice problems related to cooling, heat or other things.

What are the temps of the GPU when under load?

7. jonwestuk Win User
    FurMark maxes out at 69 degrees after 30 mins and the PC seems stable.

Which older drivers should I try? I have had this issue for 4 months so far and tried each iteration of driver that has hit the market. Am I not likely to potentially introduce new issue with older drivers? At least I can just avoid sleep mode for the moment, which is annoying but better than random crashes BSOD After waking from sleep - nvlddmkm.sys - :)

jonwestuk, Sep 21, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Avoiding the sleep / hibernating functions would be my next suggestion *Wink

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD After waking from sleep - nvlddmkm.sys - - Similar Threads - BSOD waking sleep

2. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  3. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  4. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD on wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD on wake from sleep: I've had this problem with my PC and haven't been able to figure it out yet. It happens when my 1st Gen Scarlett 2i2 audio interface is plugged in while asleep. When I wake my computer from sleep with the audio interface plugged in my computer crashes with a bsod of death....
  6. KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR BSOD after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR BSOD after wake from sleep: After waking from sleep, my laptop blue screens 100% of the time. Using WhoCrashed, the memory dump file returns this:On Thu 15/07/2021 12:35:11 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071521-7734-01.dmpThis was probably caused...
  7. BSOD after wake from sleep

BSOD after wake from sleep: Every once in a while when my computer wakes from sleep it experiences a BSOD and restarts. This doesn't happen every time, but it's been happening for a few months now so it's quite annoying. I've installed all the latest windows 10 updates and video card driver, but it...
  8. BSOD after waking from sleep

BSOD after waking from sleep: Hey guys, i am stumped on this one, every time i have put my computer to sleep after waking it it will show my pin to type in but it freezes there and the bsod after about 5secs, i have done a memtest and that passed, but yeah no idea. hopefully someone can help. 25091
  9. Consistent BSODs after waking from sleep

Consistent BSODs after waking from sleep: Since installing Windows 10 Pro 64bit a couple of weeks ago, I've gotten consistent BSODs when waking desktop pc from sleep. Mostly store_exceptions and kernal_data_inpage errors... but others hv occurred as well. The one common factor is that the BSOD ALWAYS occurs when...
  10. BSOD immediately after waking from sleep

BSOD immediately after waking from sleep: Hi All. I'm getting a blue screen advising "ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY" a couple of seconds after my computer wakes from sleep mode. It's not sporadic as it happens every time. I've downloaded the log collector and attached the ZIP file to this post. First time...
Tags: