Windows 10: BSOD After windows 10 update/avast antivirus installation

Discus and support BSOD After windows 10 update/avast antivirus installation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attachment 117791 I noticed the BSOD popping in about the time I've updated the recent windows 10 OR avast antivirus. I know the antivirus came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rtyb91, Jan 19, 2017.

1. rtyb91 Win User

BSOD After windows 10 update/avast antivirus installation

Attachment 117791

I noticed the BSOD popping in about the time I've updated the recent windows 10 OR avast antivirus. I know the antivirus came first and the update of windows 10 came later, but some of the forums did mention that antivirus incompatibility might have caused the same thing as well.

Can you guys help me out? I'm in the midst of my final year project and any more BSOD next week I will really need to hang myself.

Thanks loads guys!

:)

rtyb91, Jan 19, 2017
  2. PennPerry Win User

I get "system thread exception not handled" error when finishing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Exact problem here. Confirmed (at least for myself) that it is a problem with Avast. Had to fully uninstall Avast to get Anniversary Update to complete without BSOD and aforementioned error message. Unfortunately, even after using Avast Clear, Windows
    Defender would not take over antivirus responsibilities after Anniversary Update completed, and attempting a fresh install of Avast produced the BSOD and same error message.

I have restored to build 1511 and deferred upgrades until Avast issues a fix. Yuck.

Penn

PennPerry, Jan 19, 2017
  3. Rokky91 Win User
    Computer crashes and goes to bluescreen after installing Avast Internet Security software

*Original Title: BSOD

helo sir..whenever I install Avast Internet security or Avast premium My computer crashes and BSOD Appears after Rebooting when ever i try to connect Internet PC Again Crashes & blue screen appears...But Avast Free Antivirus Version Works very well...here's
    the link of dump files...

Userscloud › Free Unlimited Cloud Storage

Rokky91, Jan 19, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello rtyb91 *Smile

Unfortunately the zip file you uploaded is empty! Please try again.

philc43, Jan 19, 2017
  5. rtyb91 Win User
    Attachment 117943
    I'm so sorry for the mistake! Didn't realize it was just 22kb my goodness.

There's the recent log!

rtyb91, Jan 20, 2017
  6. lifetec Win User
    All your dumpfiles blames
    Code: BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80b5d8de9f3, ffffb301248faac0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswStm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswStm.sys Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!StreamInvokeCalloutAndNormalizeAction+20f )[/quote] Driver Description: avast! Antivirus Stream Filter driver
    Driver Update Site: Support : Avast Software

Avast has a known BSOD after updating windows 10 Ann. Edition.
    See this faq from Avast with a solution Avast FAQ | Avast Antivirus: Preventing a BSOD when installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

In the dumpfiles also is mentioned Netio.sys, this is related to network.
    In your driver modules i found this driver
    LMDriver Tue Jul 16 20:58:57 2013
    Driver Description: Acer Launch Manager Wireless Driver
    Driver Update Site: Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site
    See if there is new version on your supportpage of your Acer laptop.

lifetec, Jan 21, 2017
  7. rtyb91 Win User
    Hey there Lifetec!

Thank you so much! I've tried repairing the Avast antivirus, hopefully the BSOD wouldn't pop again any time soon!

As for the ACER Launch Manager Wirelress Driver, there isn't any similar driver name available in the website for an update though. I've tried downloading the LAN and Wireless LAN Drivers ([COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]NFA344A Liteon, [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]NFA344A HAI, [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]NFA222 Liteon)[/COLOR] to install now. Hopefully these would work.

I'll make a report soon!

PS: After my last comment apparently the BSOD stopped occurring over the weekend. I really do wonder what is going on...

rtyb91, Jan 22, 2017
  8. rtyb91 Win User

Hey Lifetec! The BSOD is back and I can't upload the log due to the error in posting the file. I wonder if my laptop is actually trying to kill me though...

rtyb91, Jan 24, 2017
  9. rtyb91 Win User
    Attachment 118486Attachment 118486

There you go!

rtyb91, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD After windows 10 update/avast antivirus installation - Similar Threads - BSOD update avast

2. Avast Antivirus installed with Windows KB4023057: Update for Windows 10 Update Service...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Avast Antivirus installed with Windows KB4023057: Update for Windows 10 Update Service...: I installed Windows Update KB4023057: Update for Windows 10 Update Service components, and after restarting the computer, Avast Antivirus was installed. If it didn't come in with the update, how did it get installed?...
  3. Failure to launch avast Antivirus after upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failure to launch avast Antivirus after upgrade to windows 10: Today l upgraded my windows laptop to windows 10 pro but ever since after the installation. When l try to open avast Antivirus on the desktop it fails to launch it's like the performance of the app has been blocked because before I did upgrade it was working perfectly fine....
  4. Weird Keyboard Behavior after installing Avast Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird Keyboard Behavior after installing Avast Antivirus: Today im installed Avast free antivirus. After installation process is done, my keyboard behave weirdly. Many keyboard isnt working anymore. Some button, like Space bar will show up a menu when you right click on title bar. To fix it, Im uninstalling Avast, and the isssues...
  5. Avast, the worst antivirus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Avast, the worst antivirus: Avast is the worstsoftware i had ever seen........ it has two versions - one isfree version and the other is the paid version. If you go for the paid version, then it will work absoulutely fine. But if for the free, it will make your laptop or pc the worst. Your system...
  6. Avast AntiVirus Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Avast AntiVirus Bug: Hi team, I have been facing this problem from yesterday, Avast anti virus installing automatically , I didn't even download the setup and I am pretty much sure I uninstalled the Anti virus yesterday but When I logged in today the anti virus program was there , I have Mcfee...
  7. Is Avast a safe Antivirus?

Is Avast a safe Antivirus?: I recently found a free antivirus software called Avast. I'm just wondering if it is safe to install and if it is worth it. If you can, please answer ASAP. My McAfee is running out. I have seen other users encounter BSoD(STOP) errors and viruses that made its way onto the...
  8. Avast antivirus solution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Avast antivirus solution: How Can I Fix Avast Antivirus Error 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avast-antivirus-solution/9cef230e-4f8d-45ca-ab3e-dc847220bc28
  9. Avast Antivirus Problem

Avast Antivirus Problem: Hi, I have a desktop PC and recently installed windows10 OS Then when that was up and running I went to install an antivirus. I wasn't aware that Windows Defender was part of the package and so I went to look for an antivirus program. I like Chome browser and read that...
  10. Can't boot to Windows 10 after uninstalling Avast antivirus.

Can't boot to Windows 10 after uninstalling Avast antivirus.: Hi i uninstalled avast free after noticing it run worse on windows 10. After I removed it via control panel I let my computer reboot. It was unable to boot and i got caught in a "Automatic Repair Restart Loop" I went to the Advanced options in recovery options but unable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows bsod after avast install

2. windows crashes when i try to install avast