Windows 10: BSOD almost every hour, CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

Discus and support BSOD almost every hour, CRITICAL PROCESS DIED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is getting very old, BSOD without warning, critical process died message, and reboots after collecting error information. I don't know what to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Iliveinthewoods, Oct 4, 2015.

1. BSOD almost every hour, CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

This is getting very old, BSOD without warning, critical process died message, and reboots after collecting error information. I don't know what to do to fix it. Started after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.

:)

Iliveinthewoods, Oct 4, 2015

2. Recurring BSOD critical process died with KB4088776

I have this same problem. BSOD 2-3 times every hour and a stop code saying critical process died. Microsoft should be ashamed. This is a serious problem affecting thousands of their customers and they don't seem to care.

ES Cummings, Oct 4, 2015
  3. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED- almost every 10mins. HELP!!

Hi Paulene,

First try to boot into safe mode and see if the problem persists in safe mode. Run the Norton antivirus scan and see if it works. To enter safe mode click on start and type msconfig and in the boot tab tick safe boot and restart computer.

BSOD almost every hour, CRITICAL PROCESS DIED [​IMG]

To return to normal mode redo this passage in safe mode and uncheck safe boot.

You can also run a program such as malwarebytes on the computer

Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software

while in safe mode perform these tasks from command prompt as administrator:

sfc /scannow and press enter

see if there are any errors

chkdsk

and see if there are any problems with hardisk.

Another thing to try is to remove Norton and see if the system works. Sometimes Norton causes problems.

Also update all drivers (especially video) and see if it changes anything.

Finally consider a hardware problem, especially an error in the RAM. If you have two sticks installed you can try remving one and see if the system works, if not, try with just the other one.

Let me know if you need help with any of the above,

David

DavidMonpen, Oct 4, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD almost every hour, CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

Hi Iliveinthewoods,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please upload a new zip file, the attached zip file is empty
    Please check {windows partition}\windows\minidump and check if there are any dump files saved.
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

axe0, Oct 5, 2015
  5. I hope this one isn't empty.

Iliveinthewoods, Oct 8, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Is there a special moment when this crash occurs? Like a time when it comes, or running a program everytime.

axe0, Oct 8, 2015
  7. No, there seems to be no warning, and no one activity linked, except that it always happens when I first pick it up from hibernation/sleep, I get the BSOD. Then regardless of what I'm doing, it will crash again and restart the machine, sometimes within the hour, sometimes longer. I haven't noticed any other pattern.

Iliveinthewoods, Oct 8, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Because it is not really clear what could cause this, I will give some suggestions to get a direction.
    Please follow the instructions carefully.

Please download and install Malwarebytes free (Uncheck trial version in the installation process)
    Please run a threat scan with Malwarebytes, a full scan with your AV, scan your system with Adwcleaner and Kaspersky TTDSKiller.

Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist.

Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Diagnostics Test
    HDD & SSD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD almost every hour, CRITICAL PROCESS DIED - Similar Threads - BSOD almost every

2. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  3. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: I accidently installed a new audio driver which ended up messing up my system. I did a system restore and the PC booted as normal. I shut the computer off when I went for dinner. When I returned to turn the computer back on, I got the BSOD with the critical process died. I...
  4. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  5. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  6. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: Hi,Since yesterday, i have been having issues with my PC. It keeps on going to a BSOD Critical Process Died. I have google this up and followed the sfc /scannow and other methods, but none work. Sometimes my pc freezes after i type in my pin, other times it lets me sign in,...
  7. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  8. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  9. BSOD Critical Process Died

BSOD Critical Process Died: My PC BSOD'ed 5 times in a row now, here's a link to the minidump files https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuFFvdJOMwSV0mzAdR1EmCi8nWBR?e=ynEBa6 Can I get a help on what's going on? I just had an update last night btw, so I'm not sure if that's somehow related. Thanks...
  10. BSOD - Critical Process Died

BSOD - Critical Process Died: Hi, could anyone check on my BSOD logs? I get the feeling it might be a hardware issue as I have reinstalled OS multiple times already and it still occurs. Thanks! BSOD sometimes shows CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Though I do notice sometimes it showed UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION....