Windows 10: BSOD and COM Error

Discus and support BSOD and COM Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Win 10/Firefox 49.01 (it was v49 Friday, I think). No new additions or changes. Before I go nuts, I immediately opened Event Viewer after an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BellaDonna, Sep 27, 2016.

1. BSOD and COM Error

Win 10/Firefox 49.01 (it was v49 Friday, I think).
    No new additions or changes.

Before I go nuts, I immediately opened Event Viewer after an innocuously obtained BSOD - I had just opened Weather Underground. My computer was stuck and I couldn't shut down using Ctrl + Alt + Delete. It was a slow roll to a BSOD.

The error was System_Service_ Exception.

After Win10 went to the next phase, I was stuck with a black screen and the message to insert disk into boot device and hit any key (I mangled that badly, but you get the point). I put in a repair disc and nothing happened. I hit F2 and checked my boot settings, which were fine. Windows then restarted without any issues.

Event Viewer: At 12.23, my computer noted the unexpected shutdown.
    A half hour later - and five hours earlier, as well as yesterday, the log shows many DistributedCOM 10016 errors.

In Viewer, I do not see a cause for the crash.
    As far as fixing the COM errors, I couldn't change the registry key because of a slew of permissions errors.

Do I need the CBS log instead? Why isn't the data in Viewer?
    Or is it there and I don't know what I'm seeing?

As there are a few other meaningless errors and with others, the timing wasn't close to the incident, my guess is that these issues are not related at all.
    How am I doing? (!)
    How can I determine the cause and fix this?

Thank you.

:)

BellaDonna, Sep 27, 2016

2. BSODs

I continue to be plagued with BSODs - nothing I do seems to solve the problem, having carried out an ISO repair which didn't work. I then reinstalled Windows 10 pro from the DVD have run diagnostics, nothing. Over the past few months I have had numerous
    errors with different error codes. Now I get the BSOD and a 'MEMORY_MANAGEMENT' error.

I have had:

system_service_exception

system_thread_exception_not_handled

memory_management

And I have been getting: 'The file system structure on volume C: has now been repaired'. But running chkdsk there is no error reported. And a few crashes with debugging reboot.

And lots of these:

'The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID'

Anybody got any ideas?

J.Mccabe-Smith, Sep 27, 2016
  3. Cannot maneuver on Macys.com to shop, error tr563.com

Original title: Error tr563.com

Help! Cannot maneuver on Macys.com to shop, lots of pop ups and error tr563.com.

Thank you.

VivianBurns, Sep 27, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD and COM Error

Ztruker, Sep 30, 2016
Thema:

BSOD and COM Error

1. BSOD and COM Error - Similar Threads - BSOD COM Error

2. Distributed COM errors 10005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Distributed COM errors 10005: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and I got "DPC Watchdog Violation" several times. When I open Event Viewer it shows error with event ID 10005. I have the log here:- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  3. Distributed COM errors 10005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Distributed COM errors 10005: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and I got "DPC Watchdog Violation" several times. When I open Event Viewer it shows error with event ID 10005. I have the log here:- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  4. Distributed COM errors 10005

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Com RS232

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Com RS232: Hi,I have a issues when i'm using Vmware 14.1.1 on Windows 10 20H2 only when i tried to communicated with the com port RS232.I use the debugger tool but i need some help to understand the result : Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22473.1005 AMD64 Copyright c...
  6. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Com RS232

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Com RS232: Hi,I have a issues when i'm using Vmware 14.1.1 on Windows 10 20H2 only when i tried to communicated with the com port RS232.I use the debugger tool but i need some help to understand the result : Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22473.1005 AMD64 Copyright c...
  7. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Com RS232

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. COM and DCOM errors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    COM and DCOM errors: Hello everyone, I have a real issue with my newly built PC. It often completely freezes after couple of minutes of inactivity and after that the restart is required. Once I restart the PC, it takes forever to load the Windows (not to actually boot up). I have never had this...
  9. Muitas BSOD acontecendo com regularidade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Muitas BSOD acontecendo com regularidade: Bom dia, comprei um computador novo e depois de monta-lo e instala-lo, está acontecendo várias BSOD a quase todo momento, já tentei reinstalar o OS várias vezes e várias resoluções para alguns dos erros mas continuam a ocorrer. MOBA - Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z390 M...
  10. Error 10016 Distributed COM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error 10016 Distributed COM: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and APPID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} This is for the runtime broker. I have gone to regedit...