Windows 10: BSOD and Drive (D)

Discus and support BSOD and Drive (D) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the recent November update I have been getting BSOD once or twice a day. What follows is the on screen notification: Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by clayto, Dec 1, 2015.

1. clayto Win User

BSOD and Drive (D)

Since the recent November update I have been getting BSOD once or twice a day. What follows is the on screen notification:

Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL(dxgnms1.sys)

What puzzles me most (not that I know much about this anyway) is that when I restart it is not the (C) Drive which has the OS which is scanned and repaired, it is the (D) Drive with apps / programs, docs and media. This has not happened before, is it unusual? Has it anything to do with the fact that I have just made full use of the new MOVE option to transfer apps to (D)? I understand that it likely to be a driver issue and thought drivers would be on (C)?

Can someone explain this to me before I try to apply the Forum instructions for reporting BSOD?

:)

clayto, Dec 1, 2015

2. Memory management error causing sleep issues in windows 10.

Problem was caused in my case by using the HDD (D: drive) to store all new content.

Windows was installed on a SSD (CBSOD and Drive (D) :) and I suspect that when booting the HDD is not yet available. The first BSOD is STORE ERROR, and on the second Reboot the BSOD error is Memory Management.

Changing the default save location in Storage (Change where new content is saved) to the system drive fixes the BSOD after waking from sleep.

OlimpiuMihai, Dec 1, 2015
  3. Forza Horizon 3 Installation

I have Forza Horizon 3 downloaded on my D: drive from a while ago. I had to reinstall windows on the C: drive because of a BSOD, but windows doesn't realize that the game is still on the D: drive. Am I going
    to have to re-download the game? 60GB is a lot of data. Hopefully there's an easy fix and I'm just glossing over some easy setting. Thanks!

coltauto22, Dec 1, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

BSOD and Drive (D)

dxgnms1.sys for one this has something to do with DirectX any games on that drive and have you updated your Video card drivers recently ?

jds63, Dec 1, 2015
  5. clayto Win User
    I posted a thread first but cannot find it now (not for the first time). I hope the zip is attached to this. I apologise if I have done things wrongly, this procedure is quite unfamiliar to me. The essence of my post was my surprise that after the BSOD (see below) it was the (D) drive that was scanned and repaired, not the (C) drive which has the OS. What is the explanation for this?

BSOD notification: Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL(dxgnms1.sys)

clayto, Dec 1, 2015
  6. clayto Win User
    NO to both anywhere on the computer, no games (unless planted by MS) and no updated drivers especially on (D).

clayto, Dec 1, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    Have you updated your Display adapter since the clean install ? As said dxgnms.sys is related to DirectX files and possibly corrupted or missing. Need to follow this to show your crash dump file that way they can analyze it better here.
    BSOD - Posting Instructions

You are also saying computer found errors on the drives and scanned and repaired them both or only D: ?

jds63, Dec 1, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

BSOD and Drive (D)

Every known driver starting with dx is a driver for the DirectX Graphics, not specific for gaming but for the display.
    I suggest you check Quantum for driver updates for the display to start with.

As @jds63 says, we need the files from dm log collector. The zip you uploaded in your other thread does not contain any dump.
    Please make sure your tablet is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

Furthermore, please remove the following software
    • Wise Auto Shutdown
    • Wise Care 365
    • Wise Data Recovery
    • Wise Force Deleter
    • Wise JetSearch
    • Wise Memory Optimizer
    while troubleshooting

axe0, Dec 1, 2015
  9. clayto Win User
    Hello

1. I think I have done what is required re MiniDump --- the only evidence was warning messages about changing the Registry --- should it produce something to submit to you or will it only do that after another BSOD?

2. I don't know if the computer found errors with the scan --- it did not report any --- it only scanned (D), not the (C) Drive

3. I have not updated the display adapter at any time. I will email Quantum about display driver updates but doubt that they will have anything to contribute --- the computer is only just about a year old

4. I will uninstall the Wise software though I only installed it recently --- why is it necessary?

clayto, Dec 1, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    The dump setting will only produce a dump when a bluescreen occurs.

It is for prevention in case you do something with the Wise software that might cause problems.

11. clayto Win User
    Regarding 'updating Display Adapter.' I have checked Device Manager which reports that all my drivers are up-to-date; and I have checked / tried to update Display Adapter specifically and get the response that 'it is the best adapter available.' Does this have any significance?

clayto, Dec 2, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    Device manager says 9/10 times that the drivers are up to date, it is not the way to update drivers most of the time.

Upload the zip created by the dm log collector from BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums to provide us with the data we need for troubleshooting.

13. clayto Win User

BSOD and Drive (D)

I hope this is what you want

clayto, Dec 2, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    In the event logs, nothing but
    Code: Event[4356]: Log Name: System Source: mbamchameleon Date: 2015-12-01T19:54:15.900 Event ID: 61703 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: HOME Description: Mbamchameleon Failed to obtain file name information - C00000D4[/quote] Nothing about any crash, the event logs is only going back to 2 days with only Malwarebytes.

Have you used Ccleaner for cleaning your pc?

15. clayto Win User
    I uploaded the requested log files here but they have not appeared. I will check again tomorrow and if they have not appeared, upload again.

clayto, Dec 2, 2015
Thema:

BSOD and Drive (D)

1. BSOD and Drive (D) - Similar Threads - BSOD Drive

2. Getting a BSOD When Copying a Large File on my C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a BSOD When Copying a Large File on my C Drive: I am trying to copy a 47GB Folder to my C Drive and it always triggers a Bluescreen. It Works fine but after 10-20 Minutes it immediately drops the copy speed to 300KB/s or 0KB/s. The Original File i was trying to Copy was in my External Drive, I Created a Duplicate of the 47...
  3. Getting a BSOD When Copying a Large File on my C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a BSOD When Copying a Large File on my C Drive: I am trying to copy a 47GB Folder to my C Drive and it always triggers a Bluescreen. It Works fine but after 10-20 Minutes it immediately drops the copy speed to 300KB/s or 0KB/s. The Original File i was trying to Copy was in my External Drive, I Created a Duplicate of the 47...
  4. Getting a BSOD When Copying a Large File on my C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows gets a BSOD after installing boot camp drivers INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows gets a BSOD after installing boot camp drivers INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE: I was trying to run windows 10 on my MacBook Air from an external drive using this tutorial: https://youtu.be/3IhW722IMwE?si=Rz5pWv8RaInwgPOgWith a few adjustments for my MacBook Air, I had managed to install windows and boot it up, but once I installed the boot camp drivers...
  6. BSOD after removing drive letter of my second windows install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after removing drive letter of my second windows install.: Hi, I have 2 SSDs. one with a windows 11 22h2 and manjaro linux installed and the second drive has windows 11 23h2. i wanted to make it so that these two don't communicate with each other, so I followed this post,...
  7. BSOD after removing drive letter of my second windows install.

BSOD after removing drive letter of my second windows install.: Hi, I have 2 SSDs. one with a windows 11 22h2 and manjaro linux installed and the second drive has windows 11 23h2. i wanted to make it so that these two don't communicate with each other, so I followed this post,...
  8. BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP: I recently have had BSOD crashes frequently while using my PC to work on Adobe After Effects projects. A few weeks ago, I installed a 2tb Inland SSD after transferring my operating system and software files. I will get at least 3 or 4 BSOD crashes a day. Sometimes they will...
  9. BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP

BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP: I recently have had BSOD crashes frequently while using my PC to work on Adobe After Effects projects. A few weeks ago, I installed a 2tb Inland SSD after transferring my operating system and software files. I will get at least 3 or 4 BSOD crashes a day. Sometimes they will...
  10. BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging