Windows 10: BSOD and Driver Verifier only fails on Microsoft drivers (clean instal

Discus and support BSOD and Driver Verifier only fails on Microsoft drivers (clean instal in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am getting BSOD at random times, although I think I get them more when I'm watching videos on VLC (a lot of times VLC will just crash, other times it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Parma, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Parma Win User

BSOD and Driver Verifier only fails on Microsoft drivers (clean instal

I am getting BSOD at random times, although I think I get them more when I'm watching videos on VLC (a lot of times VLC will just crash, other times it will BSOD). I also get BSOD while doing other things, as well as crashes on other apps like Firefox as well. I also recently replaced my HDD to a SSD because the HDD started giving SMART warning, however I'm still getting BSOD/app crashes.

I looked online at the BSOD error messages, and decided to try the Driver Verifier tool. When I run with only non-Microsoft drivers, nothing happen (still got one crash, but I think it was just a normal random crash). However, when I ran verifier with only Microsoft drivers, I can't boot. I will BSOD right after my Asus logo, and the error will say DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION.

Some of the BSOD crash errors I've gotten:
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION --> ntoskrnl.exe
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL --> ntoskrnl.exe
    BAD_POOL_HEADER --> ntoskrnl.exe

I got driver_irql_not_less_or_equal three times in the past few days, and bad_pool_header twice.

I also have an entry on BlueScreenView that is blank under "Bug Check String", but points to driver ndis.sys.

Things I have tried:
    sfc /scannow
    Memtest86 (6 passes)
    Replaced HDD (to SDD)
    LinX (Around 70 minutes)
    Heaven Benchmark (Around 40 minutes)
    Swap RAM slots (this is a laptop, and I only have 1 RAM piece)
    Reinstall Windows 10

Could it be:
    RAM problem (Memtest did not run long enough? 0 errors so far)
    Motherboard problem
    Windows 10 incompatible? When I purchased this laptop 4 years ago, it came with Windows 7

DM Log Collector was giving me empty zip files, so I used SF Diagnostic Tools instead. Please let me know if it is missing any files!

memory.dmg (145 mb)
    Attachment 87201

:)

Parma, Jun 27, 2016
  2. ArthurMB Win User

BSOD - Critical Process Died

Hello ZigZag3143,

I formatted my PC to do a clean install of Windows 10.

Unfortunately, even with a clean install I still have the problem.

This time I let Windows install all drivers automatically, so that there is no more amd drivers in the verifier list.

Last Minidump:

082416-15343-01.dmp

Can you discover anything wih this minidump?

Right now I'm running the verifier on this drivers list (again with all the drivers except the Microsoft ones):

nvlddmkm.sys

rt640x64.sys

ndis.sys

nvvad64v.sys

nvhda64v.sys

dump_diskdump.sys

dump_storahci.sys

dump_dumpfve.sys

nvstreamkms.sys

50 minutes until now and no BSOD.

I will let it run the 36 hours to see if anything happens.

ArthurMB, Jun 27, 2016
  3. rHa2k16 Win User
    Getting a lot of BSOD`s after clean installation of windows 10 pro

Hello,

it seems like the bsod was caused from the realtek driver.

Uninstalling it and installing the one from your link did not
    fix the problem.

Since i installed the newest version already from their website i think the only way in fixing this problem is to just leave it uninstalled.

system log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag9RMVAfiW1-hFfSXrynkP0kII3_

bsod dmp from driver verifier: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag9RMVAfiW1-hFbhzyL8-Voe-Vlr

I will do another run with driver verifier to make sure it is the only driver probleme i have.

edit: no bsod with driver verifier after i unistalled the realtek driver

rHa2k16, Jun 27, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
    A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
    For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.
    I recommend to install a genuine copy of Windows.
    If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.
    Code: Service KMSELDI Service KMSELDI c:\program files\kmspico\service_kms.exe Start Menu\Programs\KMSpico Public:Start Menu\Programs\KMSpico Public[/quote]
    Forum rules

5. Parma Win User
    I actually have the real version on my old HDD that I replaced, but is there a way to transfer it over? I still have the old drive, so I can try to plug it in and find the key.

The BSOD started with my old hard drive though, so I'm not sure if that might be the problem. I also did a few clean installs on my previous genuine Windows, but I still keep on getting the crashes.

I will look for ways to transfer my license over to the new SSD. Are there any tests in the meantime that I could use to find the trouble?

Thanks!

Parma, Jun 27, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    As you have a laptop it is not possible to transfer over assuming the installation was preinstalled, you need to first upgrade genuinely then you could replace the hard drive with no issue

7. Parma Win User
    I currently have Windows 10 (genuine) on the old HDD. Would my only option currently be to clone the old drive to my new SDD, so I still have all my software, as well as Windows?

Parma, Jun 27, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

It would be better to backup and restore instead of cloning, cloning may cause trouble.

Do you know the activation type on your HDD?
    Because as you had to pirate the SSD installation it sounds to me like you have a retail activation.

9. Parma Win User
    I never knew about that feature, I will check it out. Thank you! Sorry I'm not too sure about the Activation Type. I received the Windows built into my laptop when I purchased from Asus. My old hard drive was a Seagate Momentus 7200.4 (ST9500420AS) drive. Would that help?

Parma, Jun 27, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    That would be a OEM SLP then, the type that uses the BIOS as activation. The BIOS holds the activation details and at the first boot after the installation Windows basically checks if everything is alright with the BIOS activation details and the installed information. This makes that you should be able to install Windows at all times without a reactivation requirement. This is an activation that cannot be removed once installed.

SLP stands for System Locked Pre-installation.

11. Parma Win User
    I see. Just to confirm: does this mean that I can go back to my old HDD, retrieve my product key, and then reinstall Windows downloaded from Microsoft.com, then activate my new Windows with my old product key?

Or does this mean that I can reinstall Windows (using the copy from Microsoft.com), and then activate it using the Product Key sticker found on the back of my laptop? Or does it mean that I don't need to do any more activation at all ("This makes that you should be able to install Windows at all times without a reactivation requirement.")?

Parma, Jun 27, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    You can choose what you want to do.
    1. Put back the old HDD, upgrade and backup&restore,
    2. Reinstall Windows and use the key to activate, only has to be done once. You have to remove the modifications what requires a clean install, see my first post why.

There are more options, but they come down to pretty much the same thing so I have not added them.

13. Parma Win User

Thank you. I will keep the thread posted when I have finished that.

Parma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD and Driver Verifier only fails on Microsoft drivers (clean instal - Similar Threads - BSOD Driver Verifier

2. Driver verifier Bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver verifier Bsod: Dear All,I have run driver verifier and it showed wdfserial.sys error. How to fix this BSOD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-bsod/05b8b93d-216c-4825-a307-dc2f8e2d9d44
  3. Driver verifier Bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver verifier Bsod: Dear All,I have run driver verifier and it showed wdfserial.sys error. How to fix this BSOD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-bsod/05b8b93d-216c-4825-a307-dc2f8e2d9d44
  4. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  5. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  6. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD with Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with Driver Verifier: Hey,so i recently noticed that my pc sometimes crashed out of nowhere and my error was The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffc68ad8e77010, 0xfffff8033a2d19e4, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in:...
  8. bsod with driver verifier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod with driver verifier: hello, so i have been experiencing some bsod, I've recently built a pc and installed windows 10 on a new ssd but here and there i would get a bsod around 3 a day mostly starts up again when i can sleep my pc or restart/shutoff ive gotten several errors such as ntoskrnl.exe...
  9. Driver Verifier for a BSOD

Driver Verifier for a BSOD: Hello, I used driver verifier to find out why i'm having freeze and BSOD, there is my DMP file, I hope someone can help me out https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ansh37cgsCUtiWNq5QmTy7pI3giE Thanks !...
  10. Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier

Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier: I recently started a new job and was given a new Dell Laptop. I am having seemingly randomly BSOD issues. Some days it doesn't happen at all and some days it can happen up to ten times. I've got several BSOD errors (mainly CRITICAL PROCESS DIED). I believe it's a driver...