Windows 10: BSOD and freezing after upgrade from 7

Discus and support BSOD and freezing after upgrade from 7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Never once had a blue screen or crash in the years I ran 7, which is pretty surprising given the stress I've put this thing under. After upgrading, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bendicott, Dec 10, 2015.

1. bendicott Win User

BSOD and freezing after upgrade from 7

Never once had a blue screen or crash in the years I ran 7, which is pretty surprising given the stress I've put this thing under. After upgrading, my system's locking up constantly and I got my first BSOD last night. Could someone please look through the dmp for me? Looks like it's a problem with one of the USB drivers, but I'm not sure where to go from there.

:)

bendicott, Dec 10, 2015

2. Computer freezing after Upgrading to Windows 10

Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional. Upgrade successful. Now computer freezes after completely booting up.

CarolCW_07, Dec 10, 2015
  3. pudgee Win User
    help with BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED intelppm.sys+2140

Hello, after i upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, i am getting those random BSOD screens. First i thought it was my usb wifi adapter, cause it was supported only for win 7 up, but after upgrade i am still getting those BSOD errors. Can anyone help me
    where is the problem ? There are dump files, just bother with the last one from 7.8.2015 - that is the new after USB wifi adapter changed.

Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files

pudgee, Dec 10, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

5. bendicott Win User
    Unfortunately, I don't have a spare drive with enough storage to back everything up at the moment, so I was hoping to get things more or less stabilized until I can acquire one. I would like to do a clean install though, once able. On a side note, I didn't realize until registering for an account here that, when I upgraded to 10, I dropped from pro to home edition - is that normal?

bendicott, Dec 10, 2015
  6. bendicott Win User
    I'll add the additional crash info when I get home this evening.

bendicott, Dec 10, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    From Upgrade to Windows 10: FAQ - Windows Help

8. bendicott Win User

Has anyone had a chance to look through the crash info?

bendicott, Dec 14, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    We had enough time, but didn't knew because editing a post doesn't notify anyone.
    When you post a new zip, please post it in a new reply so those who are subscribed (me) will be notified *Smile

I'll check the files when I have the time, a.s.a.p.
    Please check my sig for my presence.

10. axe0 New Member
    BSOD and freezing after upgrade from 7 [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

Please update the AMD USB drivers, possibly a part of the chipset drivers!
    Driver Reference Table - usbfilter.sys
    Code: ffffd001`a05d3628 fffff800`0b881940Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\usbfilter.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for usbfilter.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for usbfilter.sys usbfilter+0x1940 1: kd> lmvm usbfilter start end module name fffff800`0b880000 fffff800`0b891000 usbfilter T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: usbfilter.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\usbfilter.sys Image name: usbfilter.sys Timestamp: Wed Aug 29 03:27:12 2012 (503D6FF0) CheckSum: 00016B8F ImageSize: 00011000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Thema:

1. BSOD and freezing after upgrade from 7 - Similar Threads - BSOD freezing upgrade

2. Periodic BSoD after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Periodic BSoD after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Today I upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7. I did this many times without issues, but this time it's not perfect. I have periodic BSoD since the upgrade - I didn't have any before the upgrade, so I don't think it's a hardware issue. I already tried upgrading the video card...
  3. BSOD Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7: My machine keeps crashing randomly (between 5 to 30 minutes). I upgraded my Windows from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (No clean install). I found that AMD Overdrive causes problems in th Event Viewer, So I removed it, and unchecked it in Catalyst Control Center. In regedit I...
  4. BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10: I have a pc I built myself that's been running on windows 7 without any issues whatsoever. I've left this pc on for a week at a time without a bluescreen or even shutdowns. Ever since I've upgraded to windows 10, I've been getting store exception errors every day or two....
  5. After Upgrade from Windows 7 Frequent BSOD

After Upgrade from Windows 7 Frequent BSOD: Good Morning, After an upgrade from Windows 7 we're experiencing 7-10 BSOD weekly. I don't see a way to attach the .DMP file so below is the output from Windbg. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.17763.132 AMD64...
  6. Upgrading from Windows 7 freezes

Upgrading from Windows 7 freezes: I've tried this twice now. Whenever I try to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 it will freeze at 83%. I'll restart my computer and it loads back my windows 7 build. I've looked around and I'm unsure how to fix this. 113217
  7. BSOD on boot after upgrade from Windows 7

BSOD on boot after upgrade from Windows 7: After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro i get various BSOD on boot. usually i need 2-4 attempts to boot into login mask. very rarely i have a BSOD some seconds after login. power on after sleep or hibernate works well, so this problem occurs after windows updates. within windows 7...
  8. BSOD after upgrade from Windows 7. Cannot Boot.

BSOD after upgrade from Windows 7. Cannot Boot.: I cannot start Windows my laptop. I can get into safe mode. I've tried to system restore and clean boot. I have tried verifier which gives the error iastor.sys Attached are the zip files. Please help. Thanks. Attachment 36303 21625
  9. No keyboard after upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No keyboard after upgrade from 7 to 10: After 10 upgrade, the keyboard in my Compaq Presario CQ57-315NR notebook doesn't work except when I'm in "Control Panel". I seem to be able to type in the search box there, but that is the only place the keyboard works. I have tried uninstalling the driver and then...
  10. BSOD Since Upgrading from 7 to 10.

BSOD Since Upgrading from 7 to 10.: BSOD has only been occurring since the upgrade to Windows 10. When: Happens all the time -- Immediately on start up, while browsing on internet (Edge, Chrome), while watching videos (DVD on VLC player), or while browsing explorer folders. All the time. What I've done...