Windows 10: BSOD and I think Defender is the problem. Can someone confirm?

Discus and support BSOD and I think Defender is the problem. Can someone confirm? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop keeps crashing and it started after I upgraded to Windows 10. I have re-installed, installed all the patches, updated all the latest drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nags, Jan 20, 2017.

1. nags Win User

BSOD and I think Defender is the problem. Can someone confirm?

My laptop keeps crashing and it started after I upgraded to Windows 10. I have re-installed, installed all the patches, updated all the latest drivers (it think), but it consistently send me to BSOD. A lot of time after BSOD, I find that Windows Defender is disabled, so my guess it that is the issue.

I spoke to Microsoft, and they say that I need to re-install. They did not even look at my logs.

-

:)

2. I think someone is watching me...?

Alicia,

Part of this post is from: Webcam turns on by itself

<<Webcam turns on by itself>>

`~`

PS

There's an old saying: just because you're paranoid doesn't məan they're not out to get you.

Ninjas may have bяoken into your house in the dəad of night, and replaced your processor and motherboard with a secret replacement system that
    captures everything you do, compresses it 500% (by the simple expedient of zipping it over and over), and sends it back to their flying island həadquarters where squadrons of highly trained hedgehogs analyze the data for credit card information.

Disclaimer: the above is my personal opinion and is not the opinion of my employer, my wife, or the hundreds of little green men that have been following me all day.

`!~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jan 20, 2017
  3. a.licia.k Win User
    I think someone is watching me...?

Hi! I'm Alicia and I've noticed for the last two weeks or so that on my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop, my light next to my camera has been turning on by itself regularly without me even opening Camera. I went into Settings last night and turned off all the
    access my microphone and camera have with my apps as I feel someone is spying on me but the light has turned on again by itself about 4 times today. I'm even uncomfortable speaking aloud as I think that the 'hacker'/'spy' can hear me through my microphone...
    What should I do?

a.licia.k, Jan 20, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Code: DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT PROCESS_NAME: MemCompression CURRENT_IRQL: 0 ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x%x. EXCEPTION_CODE_STR: c0000006 EXCEPTION_PARAMETER3: 00000000c0000483 IO_ERROR: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000483 - The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error.[/quote] Looks like you may have a failing hard drive.

BSOD and I think Defender is the problem.  Can someone confirm? [​IMG]
    Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD.
    SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run the following tests

• Short Drive Self Test
    • Short generic
    • Long generic

If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

BSOD and I think Defender is the problem.  Can someone confirm? [​IMG]
    Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Post screenshots/photos of the test results

Ztruker, Jan 20, 2017
  5. nags Win User
    I will run it and let you know.

I have an SSD drive. Will this test tool work?

6. Ztruker Win User
    No, see the note in my previous post. Not sure how to test a SSD. Looks like you have Model LITEONIT LMT-256M3M.
    Does LiteOn have any diagnostics for the drive?

Ztruker, Jan 22, 2017
  7. nags Win User
    Let me see what other diagnostics I can run on my SSD. I will get back to you.

8. nags Win User

I could not find any SSD diagnostics tools on LITEON website. I called LITEON customer support. They informed me that they do not have any troubleshooting tools and that I need to work with Dell & Microsoft to figure this out. While I was updating this post, I got another BSOD *Sad

I also ran Dell generic for blue screen. When I ran Dell tests, it showed me that there are two Blue Screen issues:

Attachment 118164

I then ran the Blue Screen Troubleshooter, which gave me three options:

Attachment 118165

I selected each individual options and each of them passed.

Attachment 118166

Need help what I need to do next to fix the BSOD issue *Sad

9. Ztruker Win User
    Do you have another drive (SSD or regular drive) you can use in place of the SSD for awhile as a test?

If you have had any BSODs since the last time you ran dm_log_collector, please run it again and upload the resulting zip file in a post here. Maybe something else will show.

Ztruker, Jan 24, 2017
  10. nags Win User
    I do not have another SSD.

I got two BSOD after that. I am uploading the files.

11. hawkman Win User
    might point somebody in the right direction, from dxdiag log

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: The file Unknown is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL)

Roy

hawkman, Jan 24, 2017
  12. Ztruker Win User
    I see this in the latest dump:
    Code: BugCheck 154, {ffffdc034934f000, ffff830143a44ff0, 2, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : hardware_disk[/quote] It is again pointing to your LITEONIT LMT-256M3M SSD drive. Since there does not seem to be any way to do a good test of the drive, the only way to test it is to replace it. Nothing else comes to mind.

Ztruker, Jan 25, 2017
  13. nags Win User

oh ok. Looks like I do not have any other option. Thank you for your help.

14. nags Win User
    oh ok. Looks like I do not have any other option. Thank you for your help.

15. Ztruker Win User
    Any chance you can borrow a drive from a friend or family member to test with?

Ztruker, Jan 26, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD and I think Defender is the problem. Can someone confirm? - Similar Threads - BSOD Defender problem

2. I have a Problem. can someone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Problem. can someone help?: Hello. So i have a problem in my Laptop and i don't know how to fix it. Windows 10 promy laptop lags after using for a short time And every app's FPS is going 12-35 and alot of drop framesEven tho i Closed all running programs its still laggingAnd everytime i refresh the...
  3. I have a Problem. can someone help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a Problem. can someone help?: Hello. So i have a problem in my Laptop and i don't know how to fix it. Windows 10 promy laptop lags after using for a short time And every app's FPS is going 12-35 and alot of drop framesEven tho i Closed all running programs its still laggingAnd everytime i refresh the...
  4. I have a Problem. can someone help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I Think There is an Issue with my HDD and SSD but I Do Not Know How to Confirm the Problem...

I Think There is an Issue with my HDD and SSD but I Do Not Know How to Confirm the Problem...: I have searched through many forums and troubleshooting suggestion boards and have not found anything that sums up the issues I am having. The following are the known symptoms of whatever is plaguing my computer: Upon startup, no applications will open for a brief period,...
  6. I think someone is watching me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think someone is watching me: The light on my webcam is always active even though nothing that is open is using my webcam. Can someone help me out, I’m scared that someone is watching me. submitted by /u/ImmortalRo [link] [comments]...
  7. How can I confirm if someone is remotely controlling my Admin rights?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I confirm if someone is remotely controlling my Admin rights?: I was recently subject to a virus attack that left my laptop basically useless until I was able to activate the local Administrator account, and re-install Windows 10 entirely. After I ran sfc /scannow, the problems finally went away Google Chrome would mark all sites as...
  8. BSOD I need someone to confirm my suspicion.

BSOD I need someone to confirm my suspicion.: Hi, Ive been going through this endless BSOD issue with my samsung laptop for about 8 months now thanks to amazing warranty and customer care provided from Bestbuy and Samsung. Left it for months and finally picked it back up to fix and to save some money. The Issue im...
  9. Problem with Windows Defender, I think.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Windows Defender, I think.: When I had this laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro I asked the tech to name it "xxxxx". He did that and whenever I fired up the machine I got "xxxxx Welcome". Last week I received an update from Microsoft and at the end of its installation (1 hour) the laptop told me...
  10. BSOD multiple errors believe its hardware can someone confirm

BSOD multiple errors believe its hardware can someone confirm: Hello All I'm looking for a consult. I have been having problems with my windows 10 PC since I built it about 11 months ago. I am tried everything I have been able to think of or find on the internet to fix it with software which leads me to believe it is a hardware issue....