Windows 10: BSOD and overall lack in performance

Discus and support BSOD and overall lack in performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I just re-installed Windows 7 on my computer 3 days ago, essentially starting from scratch again with the removal of all my files (exceptions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by karanoz, Feb 17, 2016.

1. karanoz Win User

BSOD and overall lack in performance

Hello,

I just re-installed Windows 7 on my computer 3 days ago, essentially starting from scratch again with the removal of all my files (exceptions being the ones I stored to a flash drive), and decided to try Windows 10.

Ever since I built this PC 3 years ago, I have received BSODs and seen just a lack of performance in general.

Here are the specs of my PC:

* = Recently installed

Windows 10
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 4GHz Black Edition - Socket AM3+
    PSU: Antec PowerSupply High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze
    *GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
    Mobo: Asus M5A97 R2.0, AMD 970 Socket AM3+
    SSD: OCZ Intern SSD 128GB Vertex 4 Series SATA III 2.5"
    HDD: Seagate Internal Harddrive Barracuda 3TB
    *RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY Black 16 GB KIT (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz CL10
    *Capture Card: AverMedia Live Gamer HD

Here are some of the more annoying issues that have persisted since the build was made, and some which have occured with the installation of Windows 10:

High CPU usage - I am currently trying to stream with my computer, but doing so usually puts me at 80-90% CPU usage, as well as the risk of BSOD if I attempt to stream for a longer time.

Games closing - I mostly play Dota 2, and there are times where the game simply just closes to desktop ( This usually happens after I have attempted to stream, and then crashed a couple of times.)

Low FPS - Streaming or even having a Video / Stream open on my second monitor while playing a game will result in a great drop in FPS.

"Twitching" YouTube video - For some time now, while watching a YouTube video, one can clearly see that there is something wrong, as the video itself will start to jerk and twitch, sometimes a little and sometimes its unwatchable.

Computer Freezing - Sometimes (often after attempting to stream) the computer will simply just freeze, and I have to reset the computer.

BSOD into missing files (New with Windows 10) - Since upgrading to Windows 10, I have noticed that after a BSOD it can sometimes take 2-4 attempts to even get back to desktop. And when I finally get back to desktop, some files (an obvious one being ALL OF THE executable files of World of Warcraft from my HDD, not from my SSD where my Windows is installed) and then suddenly re-appearing again after restarting.

NOTE: I have tried using both XSplit (currently using) and OBS for streaming, but both result in lagging image and high usage of CPU. Temperature does not exceed 55 degrees Celsius, and GPU temp isnt that high either.

BSOD - more specific
    So as of today, I have received 3 different BSODs.

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    - This one occurred whilst I was streaming, and took 3 restart attempts to get back into the Desktop, and resulted in AVG saying that my computer was unsafe due to ERROR with the Firewall, claiming that "File and printer sharing: " was set to "disabled" and could be restored clicking the "RESET TO DEFAULT" button, which didnt work. This was fixed after a normal reboot.

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - This one happened whilst I was trying to run AVG virus scan, scanning the entire system and then trying to open my System settings in SETTINGS. Resulted in all of my World of Warcraft executable files to simply not be there anymore. Fixed after reboot.

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT - Occurred when playing Dota 2 and having Skype open at the same time, took 2 attempts to get back into Desktop, but no noticeable changes occurred.

So these are some of my more annoying issues, I know it might be a long shot since its been going on for 3 years now, but furiously having tried to fix this for so long has made me mentally tired, but I still dont feel like spending 500 + for new parts without knowing the issue at least.

Thanks,

:)

karanoz, Feb 17, 2016

2. Windows 10 Overall Performance

Please download and run ADWCleaner and upload a copy of the report produced to your OneDrive. Remove all that it finds. :

Download AdwCleaner

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of
    the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

Please download and run the Farbar Mini Tool Box. When it opens check the box before
    Select All. Please upload a copy of the reports as a text file and post a link here:

Download MiniToolBox

Please download Speccy and upload a copy of the report it produces to OneDrive. It helps to obtain the report at a time when the system is under pressure and temperatures may be higher than normal:

CCleaner.com - Using Speccy

Gerry C J Cornell, Feb 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Overall Performance

The link to the four files does not work. Please remove all files and just upload the four files. Please post a fresh link here.

Gerry C J Cornell, Feb 17, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please replace AVG with Windows Defender and let me know how it goes.
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8018cad58b2, 0, ffffffffffffffff} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgmfx64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgmfx64.sys Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KxWaitForLockOwnerShipWithIrql+12 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote]

5. karanoz Win User
    Took the computer to the repairs hop since this issue was WAY before I installed w10. Turns out the motherboard have had a short circuit and fried 2 pins on the CPU. I guess this thread can then be marked as "solved" and thanks for your time for now.

karanoz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD and overall lack in performance - Similar Threads - BSOD overall lack

2. Minecraft skyrockets CPU when launching, with overall abysmal performance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft skyrockets CPU when launching, with overall abysmal performance.: I've ignored the new releases for years now, and have been playing on 1.8.9, simply because the new versions run so poorly. And to add to the horrendous performance, whenever I launch the newer versions, my CPU usage skyrockets to the 90s for no reason, and the cooling fan...
  3. Minecraft skyrockets CPU when launching, with overall abysmal performance.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft skyrockets CPU when launching, with overall abysmal performance.: I've ignored the new releases for years now, and have been playing on 1.8.9, simply because the new versions run so poorly. And to add to the horrendous performance, whenever I launch the newer versions, my CPU usage skyrockets to the 90s for no reason, and the cooling fan...
  4. Minecraft skyrockets CPU when launching, with overall abysmal performance.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Games With Easy AntiCheat or anticheat overall Cause Lag and Badly Reduced Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games With Easy AntiCheat or anticheat overall Cause Lag and Badly Reduced Performance: I Have No Idea of What This is, But Whenever I Play a Game That Has Easy AntiCheat, My Computer Gets Very Hot. It Tries to Load The Game But Always Ends Up Crashing, Or Me Having To Reset My Laptop. I'm Running Windows 10 Windows For Education And Any Other Game That Doesn't...
  6. MIcrosoft 11 lack of Performance and greyed out TaskBar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIcrosoft 11 lack of Performance and greyed out TaskBar: 3 questions:1. Does anyone know why 1/3 of the TaskBar is greyed out and unavailable? 2. Why is everything slower? Rebooting, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Edge are slower and less responsive. 3. Is there a way to go back to version 10?...
  7. MIcrosoft 11 lack of Performance and greyed out TaskBar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIcrosoft 11 lack of Performance and greyed out TaskBar: 3 questions:1. Does anyone know why 1/3 of the TaskBar is greyed out and unavailable? 2. Why is everything slower? Rebooting, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Edge are slower and less responsive. 3. Is there a way to go back to version 10?...
  8. How Windows 10 May 2019 Update improves overall PC performance

in Windows 10 News
    How Windows 10 May 2019 Update improves overall PC performance: The Windows 10 May 2019 Update offers many improvements and subtle changes that may improve performance to some extent. Microsoft’s Windows 10 version 1903 offers much-needed improvements to Windows Update, a new search experience, a proper light theme and even performance...
  9. Drop in overall PC performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drop in overall PC performance: Hello So a while ago i had a problem where after a bluescreen, my pc refused to boot. I took it for repairs and i got told it was an electrical issue in the power box. It was replaced and i thought it was the end of it. But since then my PC's performance noticeably...
  10. BSOD and overall lack in performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD and overall lack in performance: Hello, I just re-installed Windows 7 on my computer 3 days ago, essentially starting from scratch again with the removal of all my files (exceptions being the ones I stored to a flash drive), and decided to try Windows 10. Ever since I built this PC 3 years ago, I have...