Windows 10: BSOD - Any PC game, or even at idle

Discus and support BSOD - Any PC game, or even at idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I built a new computer, started using Windows 10 with it. Ever since, I've had at least 10+ BSOD. It seems to be most common during a video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Xploit, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Xploit Win User

BSOD - Any PC game, or even at idle

Recently I built a new computer, started using Windows 10 with it. Ever since, I've had at least 10+ BSOD. It seems to be most common during a video game. It's happened at low cpu usage also, though.

I've attached two recent BSOD debugs. I wanted to run debug myself, I installed it, but not sure what symbol server to point to.

Thanks,
    X

:)

Xploit, Sep 20, 2015

2. high cpu usage Windows 10

on 24.08.2015 i upgrade my windows from 8.1pro to win 10pro after update my cpu usage shows 100% even if i am on idle.

My PC Config

Core i72600k

16GB Ram

256GB SSD(win10 install in it)

GTX670 gpu

I dont have any lag issue even if i am playing games i never feel like FPS drop, I feel improvement in gaming in win10. but i still want to know why my cpu hit 100% usage on idle??

PS. I dont have any windows update my windows is updated!!!

DeepeshPatade07, Sep 20, 2015
  3. astra2025 Win User
    What is your memory use at idle with E6 or any Anna phone?

Hi bbnaco,

Welcome to Nokia discussions board!

In order to fix this issue, I advise you to perform a soft reset on your phone: type *#7780#. Default lock code is 12345. If the issue persists, perform a hard reset. First of all, back up your data using Nokia
    Suite
    (Tools > Back up). Once your data is fully backed up, type *#7370# on the keypad.

Alternatively, you may also check for updates on Nokia Suite (by going to Tools > Updates).

Let us know how you get on and feel free to post any other questions you may have.

Regards,

astra2025, Sep 20, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Exploit,

Welcome to the 10forums.

You say you have had several crashes, but there is only 1 dump file in the zip and that dump file is from last month.

If you have used any method (a program or manually) to remove dump files, please stop with it while troubleshooting.
    The dump files are necessary for the troubleshooting process.

Please check {windows partition}\windows\minidump and check if there are any recent dump files saved.
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

For configuring the symbols, please read Windbg - Install & Configure tutorial

5. Xploit Win User
    My apologies for the delay of response. It seems the program isn't working right for me (Probably my fault)

I've manually created a .rar file with multiple dumps, please help me! This is very frustrating.. I'm wondering if its Windows 10, or hardware. I may revert back to Windows 7 for testing, but I really don't want to.

Thanks!

Xploit, Sep 22, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Have you rebooted your system and tried the tool again right after restarting?
    If not, please try it.

7. Xploit Win User
    Did that attachment work this time?

Xploit, Sep 22, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Haven't checked yet, because of school.
    Looking at the size it looks fine.

9. axe0 New Member
    A lot of dumps are pointing to memory corruption.
    Some also to possible hard drive problems.

BSOD - Any PC game, or even at idle [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Diagnostics Test
    SDD TEST

Run chkdsk http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...isk-check.html

10. Xploit Win User
    Looks like it was memory related. I did the basic windows memory test, it found errors. I removed 1 of the sticks, in several hours I haven't had a BSOD. I'll mark as resolved, since you lead me to memory! thank you.

Xploit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - Any PC game, or even at idle - Similar Threads - BSOD game idle

2. BSOD if PC kept idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD if PC kept idle: My pc just bsod's if kept idle for 5 minutes.No dump files created.Please help me fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-if-pc-kept-idle/3a242ee6-5567-4b0c-976b-d6a00a9e91d2
  3. BSOD if PC kept idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD if PC kept idle: My pc just bsod's if kept idle for 5 minutes.No dump files created.Please help me fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-if-pc-kept-idle/3a242ee6-5567-4b0c-976b-d6a00a9e91d2
  4. BSOD constantly happening even while idle or happening while playing games....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD constantly happening even while idle or happening while playing games....: I've tried resetting my PC before and it still doesn't work. There are no minidumps I can provide since windows will not dump anything because it either just turns into a black screen or just bluescreens and instantly restarts a couple seconds after. After looking deeper into...
  5. BSOD constantly happening even while idle or happening while playing games....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD constantly happening even while idle or happening while playing games....: I've tried resetting my PC before and it still doesn't work. There are no minidumps I can provide since windows will not dump anything because it either just turns into a black screen or just bluescreens and instantly restarts a couple seconds after. After looking deeper into...
  6. BSOD when playing games or pc just sitting idle

BSOD when playing games or pc just sitting idle: So its been two weeks since I built my pc, everything was working fine until last week when I got my first PC BSOD. Then it kept happening everyday so I decided to wipe clean my hard drives. I did that but still was getting BSOD, this time multiple times a day. I then updated...
  7. Random BSoDs even when idling

Random BSoDs even when idling: I'm having random BSoDs, even when the PC is idle, 3/7 days apart one from each other. I performed SFC /SCANNOW, checkdisk, SMART tests and memory tests, nothing changed. I'm asking here for help if someone can help me to debug the minidump files i have like 10 of them....
  8. BSOD's frequent even when system is idle

BSOD's frequent even when system is idle: Hello! This has been happening for quite some time and I've finally gotten tired of it. I'll get a really weird BSOD; CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. Windbg gave it a bug check of 109, did a little Googling on it but it's a bit above my knowledge level. The BSOD occurs with...
  9. random bsods even while idle

random bsods even while idle: i keep getting bsod'd i had a whole thing about it wrote up and then got it again before posting, it was fine with i built the comeputer but after i was forced to reinstall windows it started to happen alot, all dskchk and sfc scans came out fine, this is my last hope. 118605
  10. BSOD during games and/or idle

BSOD during games and/or idle: Hello, I'm a long time lurker of this website and forum, and I am in need of some help. I recently built a new system in February and it has been a beast for gaming. However, recently I have had some BSODs that have caused a few problems. I immediately started updating...