Windows 10: BSOD at bootup, error code 0xc000000f

Discus and support BSOD at bootup, error code 0xc000000f in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My daughter tried to start her laptop this morning to be confronted by a blue Recovery screen. It looks decidedly like a BSOD but I could not follow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by visibility, Aug 27, 2016.

1. BSOD at bootup, error code 0xc000000f

My daughter tried to start her laptop this morning to be confronted by a blue Recovery screen. It looks decidedly like a BSOD but I could not follow the posting instructions for this forum because the laptop won't boot. The message reads:
    ----------------------------------------------
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.
    The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors.

File: \WINDOWS\system32\drivers\N360x64\1607000.04C\SymELAM.sys
    Error code: 0xc000000f

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer

Press Enter to try again
    Press F8 for Startup Settings
    Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings
    ----------------------------------------------
    Pressing Esc does nothing.
    Pressing F8 or Enter brings up the Startup Settings screen with options 1 through to 9 ranging from Enable debugging through to the various safe modes including with command prompt, etc. I have tried each of the 9 options and they all take me back to the Recovery screen.

Now a bit about this laptop. It is an ACER Aspire R3 series, Model N15WS. It was purchased new in March this year. It did not come with any start-up or recovery software. It does not have a CD drive and only USB3.0 and USB2.0 ports for input.

My daughter needs it for school every day and although this laptop is pretty slow and keeps wanting to update on her, it has been working properly until this morning. She has not installed any software within the last few months. The only changes to the system have been made by Windows with its incessant behind-the-scenes updating. It has Norton 360 Premier installed.

It is a brick at the moment. If you could give me some direction to head I would be grateful.

:)

visibility, Aug 27, 2016

2. Computer won't boot after window 10 update

When I try to bootup my PC I get this error message now.

"your pc couldn't turn off properly

a required device isn't connected or can't be accessed."

Error code 0xc000000f

SeanlowSuperLikeTheManOfSteel, Aug 27, 2016
  3. BSOD at bootup, error code 0xc000000f

Can you boot it in safe mode?

HonorGamer, Aug 27, 2016
  4. Thanks for your prompt response. No I cannot boot into safe mode. I cannot progress any options on the Startup Setting screen. With any of the options 1 to 9 it keeps returning to the Recovery screen.

I fear I may have to download some recovery tools. I would then have to change the boot order in DOS to access the USB drive. Does this sound right?

visibility, Aug 27, 2016
  5. HonorGamer, Aug 27, 2016
  6. I created a bootable USB using rufus 2.10 and a Windows 10 ISO image I downloaded. The problem is I cannot get the laptop to boot to it. I don't have a CD drive, but two USB ports. I have tried both ports as well as mashing the F8 key and shift-F8 key combination. Whatever I do it still takes me to the blue recovery screen.*Sick

Attachment 98757

As noted above, from the recovery screen pressing Esc does nothing.
    Pressing F8 or Enter brings up this Startup Settings screen:

Attachment 98758

I have tried each of the 9 options and they all take me back to the Recovery screen above.*Confused

Rather frustrating.*Mad

Now that I have the bootable USB sorted, how do I boot to it?

PS. Am I posting in the correct forum?

visibility, Aug 28, 2016
  7. BSOD at bootup, error code 0xc000000f

Have you tried booting into the BIOS and selecting the USB as default boot? It could be F8, F2, F6, and you need to press the keys while it does the POST test. So before you see the windows logo you need to press the keys to be able to boot into the BIOS. Once you are in there you can chose the new boot option.

Edit: Yes you are posting in the right forum.

HonorGamer, Aug 28, 2016
  8. Thank you. It was F2 that did the trick. I changed the order pushing Windows Boot Manager and internal HDD down the list and placing the USB options as 1 and 2.

Attachment 98782

First I tried USB HDD and then USB FDD. Both took a little longer but again brought up the recovery screen above. It got me thinking perhaps I am using the incorrect version of Windows 32Bit vs 64Bit. I have 64Bit on the USB drive but should this really matter if it is simply for booting? I've searched everywhere and I now know this laptop was issued in both 32 and 64bit. I'm not sure which one I have.

Now I am in the BIOS I thought the information tab might tell me but it doesn't, well not obviously so. Is there any way of finding this out?

Also, there are other settings under the Boot tab like UEFI, which is enabled. Not sure what this is but thought I would mention it.

visibility, Aug 28, 2016
  9. Did you try USB CDROM?

HonorGamer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD at bootup, error code 0xc000000f

1. BSOD at bootup, error code 0xc000000f - Similar Threads - BSOD bootup error

2. Error 0xc000000f every bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc000000f every bootup: I attempted to update to Windows 22H2 through the ISO file because the update was not available in my settings. Doing this has caused Error 0xc000000f to occur every time I boot my PC. Additionally, my keyboard does not working which disables bios access. To fix this, I am...
  3. Error 0xc000000f every bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0xc000000f every bootup: I attempted to update to Windows 22H2 through the ISO file because the update was not available in my settings. Doing this has caused Error 0xc000000f to occur every time I boot my PC. Additionally, my keyboard does not working which disables bios access. To fix this, I am...
  4. Error Code 0xc000000f Fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Code 0xc000000f Fix: My computer is giving me the message: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000000f You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media like a...
  5. error code 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error code 0xc000000f: got passed the BSOD with this error code and now have a screen that says Boot devise menu. What do I need to do next? Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc000000f/7ec4f23d-b83c-4d32-84c1-f334803aa9a3
  6. Recovery error code: 0xc000000f

Recovery error code: 0xc000000f: My laptop is showing the error message in the photo. I do not have the recovery tools to repair my laptop, nor would I be comfortable doing it myself. So I took it to a computer repair service and they say that they tested it and there is "No Drive Detected", and that I...
  7. I’m showing on the BSOD error code 0xc000000f

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I’m showing on the BSOD error code 0xc000000f: I need a list of error codes where moght i find them .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-showing-on-the-bsod-error-code-0xc000000f/d92c4b00-3c3c-418d-8fbc-505881a52c74
  8. error code 0xc000000f

error code 0xc000000f: Do not have win cd or disk player. Is it possible to repair? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc000000f/bc11b090-b455-4627-9cf9-af4e7526dbd5
  9. Error Code 0xc000000f

Error Code 0xc000000f: My son's laptop couldn't start properly and had an error code: 0xc000000f and it is saying that I need a recovery tool. Any information to help me fix this are truly appreciated....
  10. Error code 0xc000000F

Error code 0xc000000F: So recently my mum tried to turn on her laptop (a Dell Latitude E7440) and it wouldn't work, just went to the automatic repair screen. After watching a I watched few youtube videos and trying a couple of things, it now goes to the recovery page when I start it up. It says:...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. errorcode 0xc000000f symelam.sys