Windows 10: BSOD at every cold boot

Discus and support BSOD at every cold boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, having BSOD at every cold boot. This is happening on my desktop (first build I made), hardware is: MB: Asus Maximus VIII Gene CPU:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tntxx9, Jun 28, 2016.

1. tntxx9 Win User

BSOD at every cold boot

Hello everyone, having BSOD at every cold boot.
    This is happening on my desktop (first build I made), hardware is:
    MB: Asus Maximus VIII Gene
    CPU: Intel i5-6600k
    RAM: 2x 8GB Crucial Ballistix
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Hoping this is some driver problem but seems to me more like RAM or (hope really not) something on the MB.
    Only remember it happening, maybe, after installing every driver manually for de CPU, iGPU and MB drivers.
    GPU only installed it a week later, so has nothing to do with it. After installing the GPU I have uninstalled the iGPU drivers (although only the PCI-E slot is active for GPU part in the MB).
    I have testes the RAM with memtest+ and no erros, stress tested CPU and no problem there either.

Maybe it's a hardware problem but want to know what the BSOD dumps say.

Dump files are in the attachments.

Thanks in advance for the help.

:)

tntxx9, Jun 28, 2016

2. Memory Related BSOD Every Cold Boot

Hello.

I am actually roaming on a lot of threads in this answer support.

i have read there are incompatibility issues with 1709 in some Boards.

try searching your motherboard here in
    Gigabyte's Windows 10 Compatbility site

not sure if this is the updated list but. if you have found out that its in not there.

Consider try installing lower version of Windows 10 1607 , 1703 if that will stop the BSOD

unfortunately Microsoft site has only Fall creators update available. as a fellow windows user. you have to try looking for another source that offers lower build ISO files.

Lyrrad ✨, Jun 28, 2016
  3. Memory Related BSOD Every Cold Boot

First let me list my specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming

CPU: i7 8700k @ stock

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2133 MHz

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 TI

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO SSD (Windows Installed) 240GB

Seagate FireCuda 2TB HDD

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

I cannot find anyone to help me with this problem, so when the i7 8700k came out I bought a new motherboard, RAM and the CPU. But ever since i installed the parts I am now plagued with Memory Management and Kernel Security Check BSODs on cold boots only,
    it will keep giving me these errors seconds after the PC boots for almost a dozen times and then itll be fine until the next cold boot, if I restart the PC it wont give me the BSOD.

Ive reinstalled Windows 2 times but nothing, and I have tested the RAM multiple times with no errors and the PC is fine in Safe Mode.

I think it may be driver related but I dont know where to look.

Adam Garcia, Jun 28, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD at every cold boot

Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
    A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
    For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.
    I recommend to install a genuine copy of Windows.
    If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.
    Code: service_kms.exe c:\program files\kmspico\service_kms.exe <ActivePartialProductKey>T83GX</ActivePartialProductKey> <ActiveProductKeyPid2>00331-10000-00001-AA270</ActiveProductKeyPid2> <OSVersion>10.0.10586.2.00010100.0.0.048</OSVersion> <ProductName>Windows 10 Pro</ProductName> <ProcessorArchitecture>x64</ProcessorArchitecture> <EditionId>Professional</EditionId> <BuildLab>10586.th2_release_sec.160527-1834</BuildLab> <TimeZone>Hora padrão de GMT(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone> <ActiveSkuId>2de67392-b7a7-462a-b1ca-108dd189f588</ActiveSkuId> <ActiveSkuDescription>Windows(R) Operating System, VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel</ActiveSkuDescription> <ProductUniquenessGroups>55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f</ProductUniquenessGroups> <ActiveProductKeyPKeyId>08e404fb-41f3-77ac-59ef-6e9f2d3f499d</ActiveProductKeyPKeyId> <ActiveProductKeyPidEx>03612-03311-000-000001-03-2070-10586.0000-1702016</ActiveProductKeyPidEx> <ActiveProductKeyChannel>Volume:GVLK</ActiveProductKeyChannel> <ActiveVolumeCustomerPid>06401-00142-271-294694-03-2070-9600.0000-3392014</ActiveVolumeCustomerPid> <OfflineInstallationId>475530154518944842782927110293830834653591566119264121522175765</OfflineInstallationId> <DomainJoined>false</DomainJoined>[/quote] Forum rules

Thema:

BSOD at every cold boot

1. BSOD at every cold boot - Similar Threads - BSOD every cold

2. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  3. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  4. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSODs every time i cold boot

BSODs every time i cold boot: i built a computer with aftermarket parts for intense workloads... but everytime i do a cold boot or turn it off completely, it displays a BSOD from various types 12b,1a, Live kernel 1a1,3b and so on... every time is a different error... the catch here is, once the BSOD...
  6. BSOD on cold boot only

BSOD on cold boot only: Hi all, this is a duplicate of this post that I posted in the wrong section. Just delete that post. Sorry for making a mess, I'm new on this forum. So: my problem is with my custom build PC, and any help would be greatly appreciated. My problem is similar to the one...
  7. BSOD on cold boot only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD on cold boot only: Hi all, I have a problem with my custom build desktop that is a bit annoying, and any help would be greatly appreciated. My problem is similar to the one described here. My problem is that every cold boot (by this I mean a start of the computer after it has been shut down...
  8. BSOD on cold boot.

BSOD on cold boot.: I have been getting a variety of BSOD's on cold boots. After the first BSOD, everything runs smoothly thereafter; any amount of stress on the PC doesn't cause any BSOD. Things I have tried: Updated bios and all the motherboard related whatnot. Tried to update all my...
  9. BSOD every cold start

BSOD every cold start: Hi, I'm getting BSOD every cold start of my PC every day. After rebooting everything runs fine. The system is new (it was built a week ago). memtest86 showed no errors and clean windows reinstall didn't help as well. Yesterday I updated all drivers/BIOS via MSI live...
  10. BSOD on only cold boots

BSOD on only cold boots: I got a custom built pc for christmas and it has been getting BSOD's since it was built and they have only been happening on cold boots, and the file that is having problems is ntoskrnl. I would love if someone could find the problem that has been going on for weeks. 39014