Windows 10: BSOD at irregular intervals when coming back to computer

Discus and support BSOD at irregular intervals when coming back to computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I upgraded my Toshiba Z30t-A laptop to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit during the last days of the free offer this summer. After running the upgrade in-place on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mikewse, Nov 10, 2016.

1. mikewse Win User

BSOD at irregular intervals when coming back to computer

I upgraded my Toshiba Z30t-A laptop to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit during the last days of the free offer this summer. After running the upgrade in-place on the existing Windows 8.1 installation I then immediately performed a clean install. All devices got drivers through Windows Update and Intel Update Utility.

BSODs have been coming at irregular intervals since then, sometimes two on the same day sometimes two weeks between them. I never had any BSODs on Windows 8/8.1. The most common scenario is that I notice that the computer restarts or has been restarted when I come back to wake it up from sleep.

The most common bugcheck code is 0x0000012b which I looked up to mean FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE. I ran memtest86 for two days but it didn't find any errors. Also, as I never saw any problems on Windows 8/8.1 I am doubting if this really is the cause...

I hope someone here can help me find what to do next?

:)

mikewse, Nov 10, 2016

2. automatic music coming ..

Some random music comes from my laptop, at irregular intervals. Why? in my windows 10pc

AayushDosi, Nov 10, 2016
  3. DAG101 Win User
    Computer crashes I get a BSOD with with the error IRQL Not Less or Equal after I updated to Windows 10.

Original title:BSOD Not Less or Equal - Win 10

Hi,

since I updated to Win 10 my computer started to crash in irregular intervals.

When the computer crashes I get a BSOD with with the error IRQL Not Less or Equal.

I uploaded the DMP files to Onedrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArA4ENWSFfRkgrgcYhnYQ7hv5dhq3w
    I'd very much appreciate any help y'all can provide.
    Regards,

Dav

DAG101, Nov 10, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The 11/3 11PM dump has this in it:
    Code: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b) This bugcheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error.[/quote] Even though you ran memtest86 (not memtest86+) there could still be memory problems. What I recommend is removing half the memory then running for awhile and see if problems occur. If yes, swap installed and removed memory and test more. Doing this allows you to continue to use the computer while checking memory.

Ztruker, Nov 11, 2016
  5. mikewse Win User
    Thanks for the insights!
    Would memtest86+ be a better tool for testing than memtest86? I might do some testing with that first if you think it could be rewarding.
    I got stuck when opening up the laptop as it requires a special screwdriver I don't have yet. Might as well run some tests while I find a place to get that screwdriver bit...

mikewse, Nov 11, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Follow the directions I posted for memtest86+.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD at irregular intervals when coming back to computer - Similar Threads - BSOD irregular intervals

2. Windows 10 Keep Getting Stuck at Irregular Intervals

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Keep Getting Stuck at Irregular Intervals: Hi all,I'm hoping for some advice because my Windows 10 computer keeps getting stuck.ProblemThe major problem is the computer get stuck, totally irregularly.Sometimes it can run continuously for two days, and sometimes it get stuck only after 1~2 hours after I turn it...
  3. Strange irregular BSOD's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange irregular BSOD's: BSOD's keep infrequently occurring on my PC, I'm unsure as to what is causing it, as I've unplugged all my USB connections.I've ran chkdsk and other cmd commands to try and fix the problem, none have yielded any fixes.I have a .dmp file, but do not know how to use / identify...
  4. BSOD They just keep coming back.

BSOD They just keep coming back.: So i had recently been dealing with blue screening problems. Brought my computer up to geek squad and they said my hard drive was bad. Replaced the hard drive and the computer worked fine for 2-3 days, then continued to blue screen loop. After that, they said it would be the...
  5. Power State Failure - Coming back in intervals after bootup one time fine, one time BSOD

Power State Failure - Coming back in intervals after bootup one time fine, one time BSOD: Hi! I've tried to update drivers, run different system checks, but i'm not able to fix this recurring BSOD Power State Failure error. This is my minidump: https://gofile.io/?c=4uHPAA Anyone can give me a hand and lead to the solution to fix this? Thanks!! Patrick...
  6. Irregular BSODs after a fresh install

Irregular BSODs after a fresh install: Hello there, after a fresh install on windows on my trusty rig (windows 10 would not update anymore and I got too frustrated looking for an answer) my PC crashes at irregular intervals. Sometimes twice a day, sometimes once a week. It usually happens during low intensity...
  7. Irregular BSODs for many months.

Irregular BSODs for many months.: I bought this computer 2nd hand from eBay at the start of this year. When I got it, my cousin installed DriverPack in my computer and when while updating some drivers, it crashed for the first time. Since then I've tried various things to try and find out the problem. Here...
  8. Constant Crashing at irregular intervals

Constant Crashing at irregular intervals: I have built a number of PC's and my latest PC crashes at irregular intervals. I have tested the memory and have a new power supply. This was occurring in Windows 7 and is still happening after upgrading to Windows 10. It happens at irregular times and does seem to be heat...
  9. BSOD at Irregular intervals

BSOD at Irregular intervals: Hi, I noticed after the latest windows update a couple of days ago, that I'm getting BSODs with different messages, or PC would freeze and no other option than just to shut down. Freeze/BSOD can happen in middle of game, middle of email or middle of browing web, no...
  10. Longtime irregular BSODs

Longtime irregular BSODs: Hello, so I've been having 3-4 BSODs a month since an upgrade from Win7 to Win10 over year, year and a half ago. Error names were changing - it was not always the same ones. I updated drivers to newest ones, checked RAM in MemTest86+ for 6,5 hours - no error. Then I did...