Windows 10: BSOD at random times like playing or browsing

Discus and support BSOD at random times like playing or browsing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I'm having some problems with windows 10, it worked very well for 9 months around, but now I have faced BSOD practically all the time, the last week... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Meephz, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Meephz Win User

BSOD at random times like playing or browsing

So I'm having some problems with windows 10, it worked very well for 9 months around, but now I have faced BSOD practically all the time, the last week was two days doing test with memtest among others and was not charged any error but still had BSOD, the next day the BSOD just vanished and so I could use the computer for almost three days without any problem until it happened again the BSOD

Please, I need help no longer know how to solve it.

The memtest was made for more than eight hours in each memory comb and no error was shown, I auditioned in HD and without any error too, do not know what else to do.

I'm sorry my English, im from brazil.

My rig:
    fx 6300 (no OC)
    6Gb ram
    GTX 550Ti
    CX500 corsair PSU

:)

Meephz, Oct 23, 2015

2. Lumia 950 Overheating Issue

I have had the same overheating at random, so hot to touch I thought it was going to catch fire...

I have a major problem with random restarts - no warning, phone just goes black and sits blank for a random amount of time then goes through what looks like a power cycle restart. Sometimes the restart happens when the phone gets burning hot while I'm using
    it - can be browsing the internet, sending a text, playing a game.

Most often overheating occurs when playing a game or browsing the internet.

I am going to move all my apps off the memory card and see how it goes for app-overheating.

All of this happened after an update just prior to the anniversary update.

Looking for a new replacement phone, will have to go back to Android unfortunately.

CarbonFootprints, Oct 23, 2015
  3. C-aLica Win User
    random Freezing leads to BSOD. I give up.

Hi, I just bought this laptop Lenovo Legion Y720 and installed a NVMe SSD for Windows.

I'm using Windows 10 HSL edition came from Lenovo.

For no reason I got random freezing while playing games or just browsing and do other chill stuff and that leads to BSOD.

Please help me identify and solve this thing...

I attached multiple Minidump file from the BSOD.

091917-6406-01.dmp

092217-5984-01.dmp

please help me solve this..

C-aLica, Oct 23, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Meephz,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please re-run the tool again, there is an important file missing.
    Have you modified some files? There is some information missing in some files.

5. Meephz Win User
    Hi axe0, thanks.

Not modified anything, just I ran the program and made uploading he saved on the desktop, will try again.

Just an update: I am with the computer connected to approximately 5 hours in safe mode and any crash occurred, which leads me to believe to be but driver the "whocrashed" does not show (or I do not know how to use it) which this driver causing it.

Thanks again and sorry for my bad english.

Meephz, Oct 23, 2015
  6. Meephz Win User
    Yes, in safe mod works fine and no crash...

i'll run prime95, seatool and furmark too.
    I have tested the memtest for about 8 hours and found no error.

Meephz, Oct 23, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    The hours are not much relevant with MemTest86+, relevant is the complete passes.

8. Meephz Win User

I made all the tests (seatool, prime95) and I didn't get any error. As I said earlier, the memtest passed by various tests and didn't accused any error too.
    I couldn't make the furmark test because It wasn't detecting the video board on safe mode.

I'll try prime95 and furmark without safe mode now, i'll be back soon.

Meephz, Oct 23, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Furmark and Prime95 can't be tested in safe mode as safe mode doesn't use these drivers.

Can you remember how many passes were completed with memtest?

10. Meephz Win User
    After almost three hours using the browser and with steam open, Windows crashed again. I really don't know what is going on... Here is the dump file

I guess memtest ran 9 tests until I canceled, because I didn't see any error on it.

Meephz, Oct 23, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Have you ran Furmark and Prime95?

Next time please re-run the tool again and upload the zip file.
    Only dumps is NOT enough.

12. Meephz Win User
    Yes, I ran furmark and prime95 (furmark I ran until my VGA got 75ºC and canceled, because it never reached 65º before. And Prime95 I ran until my processor reached 64ºc. How can I send you these files? I didn't see any log after I finished the tests.

Meephz, Oct 23, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Please check your motherboard manufacturer for BIOS updates.
    Please make sure your BIOS is set for optimal default settings, if needed tweak a little after changing as it sometimes is necessary to tweak for stability.

14. Meephz Win User
    Yes, my BIOS is already updated and I'm using optimized configs. There's a beta BIOS avaiable to download, should I download it and update?

Meephz, Oct 23, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    Wouldn't be smart to test something on an unstable system.
    Next step would be the drivers

BSOD at random times like playing or browsing [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Thema:

1. BSOD at random times like playing or browsing - Similar Threads - BSOD random times

2. Random BSOD while playing or browsing internet, error 0x0000001a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD while playing or browsing internet, error 0x0000001a: Im having this issue for like 3 weeks already, whenever im browsing internet or playing games I get a random BSOD with different errors such as MEMORY MANAGEMENT or IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. I check the dump on on BSOD Viewer and the fault is always ntoskrnl.exe. I've already...
  3. Random BSODs when browsing

Random BSODs when browsing: Hi all, I keep getting random intermittent BSODs when browsing using Chrome or Firefox, and this happens more frequently when I'm using YouTube. I have two MEMORY.dmp files uploaded to my OneDrive here, please let me know if you need any other info: Microsoft OneDrive -...
  4. Random BSODs while gaming/browsing

Random BSODs while gaming/browsing: Let me get straight to it. I have been on Windows 10 since the free upgrade offer. I have had 0 issues up until recently where my PC would randomly crash and most of the BSOD's would list CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Most of the time I would be playing League of Legends and other...
  5. Random BSOD while browsing internet

Random BSOD while browsing internet: HI i am having this random BSOD while just browsing internet and while playing some games. Most of the time it seems that ntoskrnl.exe and tcpip.sys is causing the BSOD when i checked with BlueScreenView. bug check string Bad_Pool_Header and Bad_Pool_Caller. Seems...
  6. BSOD random, in particular when browsing

BSOD random, in particular when browsing: Hello ! , I have been getting bsods ever since I built my desktop and it has been annoying me a lot. I tryed to reinstall windows 10 a lot of time, but it is still happening. I attached the mini dump zips below. Please have a look at it and tell me if u see any problem, it...
  7. BSOD random times, target is likely to have memory corruption??

BSOD random times, target is likely to have memory corruption??: I have tried just about everything to figure out why my computer keeps crashing but I cannot seem to find out why. It is never a certain thing I am doing either. I could be on the internet, playing a game, or working on documents. It will give me different error codes as...
  8. BSOD - playing, web browsing

BSOD - playing, web browsing: Hello, i have problem with this: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED nvlddmkm.sys It mostly happens while playing Gta5 its like 100% it will happen one time got this while watching youtube videos, i showing up 1 time a day after that i can play and watch videos all the time...
  9. BSOD randomly when playing, browsing or watching videos

BSOD randomly when playing, browsing or watching videos: I have reached my limits trying to find the cause of this on my own, please help. My desktop PC bluescreens randomly when I use it, sometimes multiple times per day, sometimes not for several days. The usual BSOD error code is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have ran a...
  10. Random BSOD in random times

Random BSOD in random times: Hi, I'm really hoping to solve the problem since it's starting to distract seriously. I think since early summer BSODs been flashing now and then and now more and more often. Naturally I've tried memory solutions found online for memory related BSODs but now the different...