Windows 10: BSOD at random times, mostly when playing. Various error codes

Discus and support BSOD at random times, mostly when playing. Various error codes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is where you should download drivers from Z97M-PLUS FAQ | Motherboards | ASUS Global Select your OS as Windows 10 X64. Download the Graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rogeriop, Aug 2, 2015.

1. essenbe Win User

BSOD at random times, mostly when playing. Various error codes

This is where you should download drivers from Z97M-PLUS FAQ | Motherboards | ASUS Global Select your OS as Windows 10 X64.
    Download the Graphics drivers from here Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 10, it is a direct link to Nvidia.

Tru using the drivers Windows 10 installs for you and just install the drivers it does not install. You will probably have to install the Lan Driver from the Asus web site to get online. Then run all of the windows updates. When there are no more updates, go to Device Manager and look for anything with a Yellow Icon. Install the driver for that item from the Asus Site.

Please run Seatools for DOS, both the short and long test on the New Drive. Yes, they often come defective. You will at least know the drive is not an issue.

Your dump files say this

Code: Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80136c75a36, 0, ffffffffffffffff} Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!Ipv4pInterfaceSetTimeout+166 ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote] That is a Windows Update. It further blames

Code: fffff803`f1ec79f8 fffff801`39af6299Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1d64x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1d64x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1d64x64.sys e1d64x64+0x26299[/quote] That is your Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver and the same error you were having before. Did you install the Driver from the Asus web site? Also listed is

Code: fffff803`f1ec74b8 fffff801`36639a18Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorA.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys iaStorA+0x89a18[/quote] That is the Intel Raid driver. (IRST) Intel Rapid Storage Technology.

essenbe, Aug 14, 2015
  2. essenbe Win User

Also, in the FWIW department, you did not make a mistake in buying the new hard drive. If Seatools found errors, that means the hard drive was defective. It is not a question of IF a hard drive will fail but a question of WHEN it will fail. That error told you, it won't be long. In any of my machines, I would have replaced it immediately. Never completely trust a hard drive. That's why backups are so important. I back up all of my Data about 3 times a week alternating between 2 or 3 different hard drives. I have had a hard drive fail before with no backups. I lost a lot of stuff I can never replace and other stuff that cost me a lot of money. For that reason, I said it will not happen again. So, I may be a little overboard about backups, but in my opinion, better safe than sorry.

essenbe, Aug 14, 2015
  3. rogeriop Win User
    RIght! Thanks!!

I have updated my network driver, but I don't have it named as "Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x", I have it named "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V".

That "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" is a driver that I have installed which came within the ASUS CD Utilities. Should I uninstall it?

I left my computer turned on the whole night downloading things and it didnt crash, I believe that updating the network driver might have done the trick, but I will test the new HD with the seatools and I will play some games with it today aswell, I will come here to let you know!

Thanks!

rogeriop, Aug 14, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

let me know how it works now. Many people use IRST, but it causes some a lot of problems but not others. If it causes problems, switch to the Microsoft driver than uninstall IRST. If you don't have any more problems, just leave it alone. If you have another BSOD Upload the BSOD Posting instructions again.

essenbe, Aug 14, 2015
  5. rogeriop Win User
    Ok!

BSODed, didnt generate a dump, then it crashed without restarting and stopped turning on (Remember that error?), to solve it, I opened the computer and checked faulty wires, it turned on again, then as I was looking for driver updates, the computer turned off, didnt turn on again, same check for faulty wires and boom, here I am!

The seatools DOS passed the short test but not the Long one, I am guessing this is not a hardware error anymore and I will test the seatools DOS on my brother's HD to see if he gets any error in the Long Test as well too.

I will post the dump once BSOD happens again.

My level of frustration is the highest possible in this world!!!

rogeriop, Aug 14, 2015
  6. rogeriop Win User
    And here it is....

Attachment 31643

Thanks!

rogeriop, Aug 15, 2015
  7. essenbe Win User
    Roger, I know you are frustrated, but so am I. I'm getting the same errors we have been getting the majority of the time.

Code: Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80136c75a36, 0, ffffffffffffffff} Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!Ipv4pInterfaceSetTimeout+166 ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote] Code: fffff803`f1ec79f8 fffff801`39af6299Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1d64x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1d64x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1d64x64.sys e1d64x64+0x26299[/quote]
    Code: fffff803`f1ec74b8 fffff801`36639a18Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorA.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys iaStorA+0x89a18[/quote] Please go into BIOS and tell me the readings of your +12V, +5V and +3.3V. Also give me the readings for your CPU Temp in Bios and Motherboard temp. If you don't already have it, please download and install CPUz CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID Post screenshots of the CPU, Mainboard, Memory and SPD tabs. On the SPD tab, you can select each Dimm Slot from a dropdown in the upper left of the screen. I only need the slots that are populated with ram.

You did say that the New hard drive failed Seatools didn't you? Also, even if you have done it before, Next please right click on the start icon and select Command prompt administrator, give admin permissions and copy/paste this into the window that opens and press enter sfc /scannow . If you decide to type it in, please notice the space between the sfc and the /. We want it to say no integrity violations were found. If it says there where corrupt files that could not be repaired, please reboot and run it again. You may have to run it 3 times with reboots in between each time.
    and press enter.
    Open the same admin command prompt and run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

essenbe, Aug 15, 2015
  8. rogeriop Win User

I ran sfc /scannow, it found corrupted files in the system but it repaired it. I ran the second command as well and everything is fine.

I am doing an experiment now, I am using only one of the two 4gb of RAM memory and using the computer, though the memtest didnt indicate an error, I am doing it.

I will be posting here again as something happen or not.

I am suspecting the motherboard and the processor now, as I have already changed the HD and the PSU. The GPU does not seem suspicious for now, so I am hard testing the RAM now and CPU and Motherboard is what is left.

I downloaded "whocrashed" and it analyzed my dumps, I know it is probably now a "that good" software but it said that it is probably not a hardware problem now, maybe some driver or system stuff.

I will return.

rogeriop, Aug 15, 2015
  9. essenbe Win User
    Who Crashed is OK, but not nearly as good as what we use. WinDBG is what we use and you can get much more indepth info out of it. But there is a learning curve with it.

Are you still getting the power surge message? That would concern me most.

essenbe, Aug 15, 2015
  10. rogeriop Win User
    I am not getting that error message, but the computer was still crashing and having problems to turn back on, I am testing with only 4gb ram yet, lets see...

I will take a look and try using WinDBG too!

rogeriop, Aug 15, 2015
  11. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Aug 15, 2015
  12. essenbe Win User
  13. AveYo Win User

You got the Anti-surge warnings from all those abrupt shut-down like unplugging the machine. Otherwise you can ignore it.

If you said you've changed your PSU, the next suspect would be CPU overclocking failure. If you did it in the past, it might have reached the threshold of instability (too many transistors dead) so it can't support high clocks without increase of core and bus voltages. And it might require going below stock clocks. Disable any power saving features in BIOS before testing for stability (speedstep, enhanced sleep states like c1e, etc) - just let NX feature enabled, disable all others. Also disable advanced features like EPU, CPU TM x-phase power(set on fixed phase).

Ram rarely malfunctions these days, and that HyperX is built to last. Just make sure to up the voltage with at least +0.1v since Asus mainboards downvolts it.

AveYo, Aug 15, 2015
  14. essenbe Win User
    He has a non K CPU so overclocking is unlikely. I have an Asus Mobo and it does not downvolt my ram. It runs at what I set it at. Maybe you shoud try doing BSODs, you would find out how often ram is corrupted.

essenbe, Aug 15, 2015
  15. rogeriop Win User
    Please go into BIOS and tell me the readings of your +12V, +5V and +3.3V. Also give me the readings for your CPU Temp in Bios and Motherboard temp. If you don't already have it, please download and install CPUz http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html Post screenshots of the CPU, Mainboard, Memory and SPD tabs. On the SPD tab, you can select each Dimm Slot from a dropdown in the upper left of the screen. I only need the slots that are populated with ram.

I will still do this, I didnt forget! The PSU messages were after abrupt shutdowns, so I am guessing it is normal.

I am playing with only 4gb RAM, no BSOD until now, either the commands (sfc /scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth) fixed my computer or I am guessing RAM memory was the problem, I will play the whole day to test, since I only have weekends to use the computer, I will use 4gb RAM today, and if no crash happens, I will test with 8gb RAM again next weekend, I will comeback with the feedback.

rogeriop, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD at random times, mostly when playing. Various error codes - Similar Threads - BSOD random times

2. BSOD with various error codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with various error codes: Ok I’ve thrown enough money guessing so this is my last stand before taking this to a shop. I recently got an HP omen 15 for a very good deal that keeps BSODing randomly with PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and I initially thought the ram wasn’t substantial enough at 4gb so I...
  3. BSOD with various error codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with various error codes: Ok I’ve thrown enough money guessing so this is my last stand before taking this to a shop. I recently got an HP omen 15 for a very good deal that keeps BSODing randomly with PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and I initially thought the ram wasn’t substantial enough at 4gb so I...
  4. BSOD with various error codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. various BSOD when playing games

various BSOD when playing games: Hey Guys! Recently I've been blue screen a lot when playing games. Seeing a variety of different BSOD errors such as System Service Exception, Kernel Security, IRQL Not Less or Equal, and Memory Management. No over clock, graphics drivers most updated, windows currently not...
  6. Random BSODs - Various errors

Random BSODs - Various errors: Hello, I have a custom build PC built in July 2019, which up until 1 month ago was running fine. Since then I've been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes repeatedly. Problem; Random BSOD crashes. These can occur any time from playing games, to watching youtube, to leaving...
  7. BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games

BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games: Hello, I just build a new computer and I've been having some issues, random BSOD have appeared but it is more frequently while playing games. If any extra information is needed, please let me know. Thank's. 103735
  8. BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times

BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times: I've been through the ringer on this one. For over a year my comp was running fine and then a little over ten days ago it BSOD and would not boot or even allow me to repair. I reinstalled Windows and starting getting random BSODs. I then performed about two days of...
  9. Various BSODs/crashes at random times

Various BSODs/crashes at random times: I'm getting varying bluescreens and sometimes even crashes at random times. When these crashes occur, my screen just goes black and Windows starts normally as if nothing had happened, without leaving a dump file, whereas the bluescreens always leave one behind. The most...
  10. Random BSOD. Most often when playing any game

Random BSOD. Most often when playing any game: Been having this issue recently with BSOD happening most occasionally while playing DOOM, WoW or Heroes of the Storm. Some days there will be no BSOD. Others it will happen 5-10 time in one day. They also happen just while browsing or while the computer is idling alone. I may...