Windows 10: BSOD at random times, mostly when playing. Various error codes

Discus and support BSOD at random times, mostly when playing. Various error codes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; OK, sounds great. Just let us know. If there are corrupt system files in the OS, the sfc command and the DISM command are supposed to repair/replace... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rogeriop, Aug 2, 2015.

1. essenbe Win User

BSOD at random times, mostly when playing. Various error codes

OK, sounds great. Just let us know. If there are corrupt system files in the OS, the sfc command and the DISM command are supposed to repair/replace those files.

essenbe, Aug 15, 2015
  2. AveYo Win User

You can still overclock a non K by upping the bus frequency, just saying. On auto, most Asus mb I've seen sets voltages at the low end for ram - and HyperX requires plenty because when also on auto timings, it will chose the most aggressive jedec preset.

Hell no to BSODs, I had my fair share in the Athlon XP - Windows XP era. 99% it's either not enough cooling(for desktops there are aftermarket coolers, water-cooling kits etc, but only gaming-grade laptops have what it takes for 3-5 hours of continuous gaming); not enough voltage(even factory-overclocked gpus need re-adjusting after a while); or bad power lines that break modest PSUs and with them, mobo's, ram, cpu's. Only the rest 1% is bad drivers and can be fixed remotely / by guidance. When stuff like this happens and you can't shake it off, it's time to pick up a multimeter and check real PSU voltage and amperage, an UPS to monitor power lines, an ir thermometer to check temps.

Anyway, EVGA it's known for assembling GPU cards, not for PSUs. I suspect it's just a brand sticker over some cheap roaster manufactured onboard a slave ship in the international waters to escape taxes *Smile
    If your power lines are known to have troubles, you have to get a robust PSU from Seasonic, Antec, Corsair etc (not their cheapest models)
    And congrats if you managed to break that HyperX *Smile NP, it has lifetime warranty so you will get it replaced

AveYo, Aug 16, 2015
  3. rogeriop Win User
    Ok, I am back and within 10 minutes of pc usage from today I have gathered some important information.

Last Sunday I removed one stick of RAM memory and was able to play for the whole day without a single crash, utilizing the RAM in the third slot, left to right. Today I changed the sticks and put the RAM memory that I was not using in the second slot, I crashed a while ago. Now I changed again, apparently to the good RAM stick and put it in the second slot to verify if it is not a Motherboard issue. I will be posting again if no crashes happen, then we might have found ourselves our error, actually, I will be posting if crashes happen too.

Here is the BSOD, just for the fun.

Attachment 33069

Frustration is going away, finally!

rogeriop, Aug 21, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Sounds like progress. Good job in finding that out. Just let me know. I'm usually around. Your dump file was not very forthcoming, as usual.

essenbe, Aug 21, 2015
  5. rogeriop Win User
    Hi!

So, I put the "good stick of RAM" on my second slot and got a crash (the pc froze and froze the sound too), so I am starting to suspect it is the motherboard at this point. I have put the "bad stick of RAM" in the fourth slot and I will play to test, if it does not crash, I will test with both sticks on the third and fourth slot.

Here are the screens:

Attachment 33350Attachment 33351Attachment 33352Attachment 33353

I am only using one stick, as you can see.

The readings go:
    +12V = 12.288V;
    +5V = 5.160V;
    +3.3V = 3.392V.

rogeriop, Aug 22, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Aug 22, 2015
  7. rogeriop Win User
    It didnt generate a dump.. But I am utilizing the RAM stick in the other slot and no freezes till now, I am hopeful.

rogeriop, Aug 22, 2015
  8. essenbe Win User

When you ran memtest86+, it should have detected a ram or a motherboard error. No test is 100%, but memtest86+ is the best test we have and is rarely wrong.

essenbe, Aug 22, 2015
  9. rogeriop Win User
    Yeah, I have that in mind as well! I put on the two sticks of memory back in the third and fourth slot, I will tell if the pc crashes or not.

Probably the slot is faulty, but lets see.

Most mysterious error ever.

rogeriop, Aug 23, 2015
  10. rogeriop Win User
    Ok, I guess we can call it a day. I tested both sitcks of ram individually on the second slot and it crashed, when I put both of them on the third and fourth slot, it stopped, seriously! And I used them in the first and third slot as well in the beginning and it crashed too, so we may conclude that the problem is present in my first and second slots of RAM, on the motherboard. Probably a specific problem involving the ram's frequency and timing.

Can I mark it as solved?

rogeriop, Aug 31, 2015
  11. essenbe Win User
    If you think it is solved, mark it that way. Are both sticks of ram the same manufacturer and model with the same timings and frequency? The frequency and timings are a non issue. If that was the problem, it would be a problem no matter which slots you put them in. It sounds more like you have a bad motherboard. I would be more confident in that if you ran memtest86+ and showed errors. Then running 1 stick at a time in each slot would tell you whether it is the ram sticks or the motherboard Dimm slots.

essenbe, Aug 31, 2015
  12. rogeriop Win User
    Well, I will let the thread open and run the test individually in each slot, just so we discover the real issue.

rogeriop, Aug 31, 2015
  13. rogeriop Win User

Can you help me analyze this dump?

I was testing the memory into the first and third slot and got a BSOD, but with a new message, "Memory Management"! So my suspicion about the first two slots might be right.

Here it is!

Attachment 35894

I have contacted the insurance and they asked me to send the motherboard back, I am probably going to that!

rogeriop, Sep 4, 2015
  14. essenbe Win User
    Roger, have we run sfc /scannow and the DISM command? Have we run tests on your hard drive? This is what your dump files say.

Code: Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 1A, {3f, 38d9, 5176cd09, 1176cd09} Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiValidatePagefilePageHash+285 ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote] What I think is, data is written to memory. The memory then writes the data to the hard drive. It may be that the data read from the page file is not the same as the data written to memory. Just a guess here. So, I would like to make sure the hard drive is not showing errors by running the short and long test with Seatools http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...s-how-use.html And that there are no corrupted system files.

essenbe, Sep 4, 2015
  15. rogeriop Win User
    Ok, sorry for the long period of waiting, but it TOOK SOME SERIOUS time.

Here is what happened:
    Magically one of the pins of my motherboard's cpu's scoket had broken, probably the pin that had some communication with the ram stick, hence the bugging with ram slots 1 and 2. When I shipped the motherboard, it arrived with more pins broken (bad luck?) so the insurance did not cover that, but the company called me and after some chat, they recommended me a third party to fix my motherboard for a much more reasonable price than buying a new one. Ok, done that, they shipped me back (free of charges at least, here in Brazil that is a great achievement) and I just assembled the computer back on and BYE BYE PROBLEM.

So, at the end of the day, the bug was a pin broken in the motherboard's cpu's socket that had some communication with my memory slots 1 and 2.

Assembled the computer back on last sunday, played the hell out of it this week with the new Fallout 4 (vacation), with memories at slot 2 and 4, and no more BSOD's.

Anyway, thanks for the attention, care and patience!

I am marking it as solved, finally, and I highly recommend people with similar problems to see this thread, such a trivial defect generated a huge commotion.

Cheers.

rogeriop, Nov 20, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD at random times, mostly when playing. Various error codes - Similar Threads - BSOD random times

2. BSOD with various error codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with various error codes: Ok I’ve thrown enough money guessing so this is my last stand before taking this to a shop. I recently got an HP omen 15 for a very good deal that keeps BSODing randomly with PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and I initially thought the ram wasn’t substantial enough at 4gb so I...
  3. BSOD with various error codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with various error codes: Ok I’ve thrown enough money guessing so this is my last stand before taking this to a shop. I recently got an HP omen 15 for a very good deal that keeps BSODing randomly with PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and I initially thought the ram wasn’t substantial enough at 4gb so I...
  4. BSOD with various error codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. various BSOD when playing games

various BSOD when playing games: Hey Guys! Recently I've been blue screen a lot when playing games. Seeing a variety of different BSOD errors such as System Service Exception, Kernel Security, IRQL Not Less or Equal, and Memory Management. No over clock, graphics drivers most updated, windows currently not...
  6. Random BSODs - Various errors

Random BSODs - Various errors: Hello, I have a custom build PC built in July 2019, which up until 1 month ago was running fine. Since then I've been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes repeatedly. Problem; Random BSOD crashes. These can occur any time from playing games, to watching youtube, to leaving...
  7. BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games

BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games: Hello, I just build a new computer and I've been having some issues, random BSOD have appeared but it is more frequently while playing games. If any extra information is needed, please let me know. Thank's. 103735
  8. BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times

BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times: I've been through the ringer on this one. For over a year my comp was running fine and then a little over ten days ago it BSOD and would not boot or even allow me to repair. I reinstalled Windows and starting getting random BSODs. I then performed about two days of...
  9. Various BSODs/crashes at random times

Various BSODs/crashes at random times: I'm getting varying bluescreens and sometimes even crashes at random times. When these crashes occur, my screen just goes black and Windows starts normally as if nothing had happened, without leaving a dump file, whereas the bluescreens always leave one behind. The most...
  10. Random BSOD. Most often when playing any game

Random BSOD. Most often when playing any game: Been having this issue recently with BSOD happening most occasionally while playing DOOM, WoW or Heroes of the Storm. Some days there will be no BSOD. Others it will happen 5-10 time in one day. They also happen just while browsing or while the computer is idling alone. I may...