Windows 10: BSOD at random times - Mostly with chrome, revit, outlook open.

Discus and support BSOD at random times - Mostly with chrome, revit, outlook open. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello- I get BSOD at random times throughout the day. I mostly have Revit, google chrome, and microsoft outlook open. Here are some examples of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ptypblo, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Ptypblo Win User

BSOD at random times - Mostly with chrome, revit, outlook open.

Hello-

I get BSOD at random times throughout the day. I mostly have Revit, google chrome, and microsoft outlook open.
    Here are some examples of BSOD that occur often.

• Kernel Data Inpage Error - RTKVHD64.sys
    • Unexpected Store Exception
    • KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (dxgkrnl.sys)
    • KERNAL DATA INPAGE ERROR (dxgmms2.sys)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please see the attached data file!

Thank you,

:)

Ptypblo, Sep 22, 2016

2. Copy URL opens target in new tab or window

Every time I copy a URL (whether with <CTRL><C>, right-click and hit "Copy link location," anything like that), the link opens in a browser. Chrome is my default, so that is where it mostly opens, but I have had it open in IE. This happens when I copy,
    not paste. I can copy out of Outlook, Word, a broweser window... so the problem must be at the OS or registry level.

EliBernard, Sep 22, 2016
  3. CarlZinn Win User
    Google Chrome , BSOD and Windows 10

I have Windows 10 and use Chrome for my browser. Every time I open Chrome, for the first time of the day, Windows 10 would give me the BSOD, restart and then work fine. I turned off the Chrome extensions Google Docs, Sheets and Slides and things seem to
    running normally now. No more BSOD. Is there anything else I should fix if I want to use Chrome with Win 10?

CarlZinn, Sep 22, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Both dumps are the same:
    Code: BugCheck EF, {ffff860625f10080, 0, 0, 0} ETW minidump data unavailable Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Nothing else in the dumps are of any use. I suggest testing your memory first. Looks like you have one 8GB module.
    ===================================================
    RAM:

Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

BSOD at random times - Mostly with chrome, revit, outlook open. [​IMG]
    Information

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Ztruker, Sep 24, 2016
  5. Ptypblo Win User
    Thanks for the reply!

I tested the memory (14 passes) and it didn't come up with anything. Any ideas what else I could try? Lately it has just been freezing and then powering down. It happens sometimes when I am actively using the computer and other times when I am walking around and come back to the computer it will be off.

It's getting very frustrating!

Any help is appreciated.

Ptypblo, Oct 19, 2016
  6. Ptypblo Win User
    Attachment 106840

I attached the crash log - not sure if the logs are different from the last time I ran dm_log_collector.

Ptypblo, Oct 19, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Nothing new in the latest dump, another memory_corruption.

I do see many of these in the eventlog.txt (Event Viewer)
    Code: Event[10121]: Log Name: System Source: cdrom Date: 2016-10-19T13:50:24.006 Event ID: 7 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: PeterPC Description: The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.[/quote] Try disconnecting the optical drive, see what happens.

Ztruker, Oct 20, 2016
  8. Ptypblo Win User

Thanks for the reply!
    I checked my drivers and it turns out my video card was out of date. It hasn't frozen since yesterday morning when I updated it.

Ptypblo, Oct 21, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Hope that was it, good luck.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD at random times - Mostly with chrome, revit, outlook open. - Similar Threads - BSOD random times

2. BSOD mostly when surfing with Chrome and Edge.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD mostly when surfing with Chrome and Edge.: Hi.I have had problems with BSOD since installing win 11. Gaming works fine thou.Here is latest dmp. Chrome reinstalled x2. Win reinstralled. BIOS updated. Drivers updated exept wifi that doesnt work when trying. Offline virusscan doesnt work. Driver has no errors. Win...
  3. BSOD mostly when surfing with Chrome and Edge.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD mostly when surfing with Chrome and Edge.: Hi.I have had problems with BSOD since installing win 11. Gaming works fine thou.Here is latest dmp. Chrome reinstalled x2. Win reinstralled. BIOS updated. Drivers updated exept wifi that doesnt work when trying. Offline virusscan doesnt work. Driver has no errors. Win...
  4. BSOD IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and some other BSOD failures at the most random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and some other BSOD failures at the most random times: Hi everyone i've been having BSOD crashes after the moment i let my laptop run out of battery power. I have run all the HP's system diagnostics tests and everything seems OK but if that was true then i wouldnt be here i think. The BSOD's usually appear when i let the laptop...
  5. BSOD IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and some other BSOD failures at the most random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and some other BSOD failures at the most random times: Hi everyone i've been having BSOD crashes after the moment i let my laptop run out of battery power. I have run all the HP's system diagnostics tests and everything seems OK but if that was true then i wouldnt be here i think. The BSOD's usually appear when i let the laptop...
  6. BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games: Hello, I just build a new computer and I've been having some issues, random BSOD have appeared but it is more frequently while playing games. If any extra information is needed, please let me know. Thank's. 103735
  7. BSOD at random times i thought it was chrome.

BSOD at random times i thought it was chrome.: hi please see attached .zip as requested in forum rules I have also had the same reference by pointer BSOD in 8.1 I thought upgrading to windows 10 would get rid of it. after this post I'm booting up to BIOS and running a memory check in case one of my RAMs have gone...
  8. BSOD at random times, mostly when playing. Various error codes

BSOD at random times, mostly when playing. Various error codes: So, new computer, was using Windows 7 and getting BSODs constantly. So I decided to make a clean install with Windows 10 and thought the issue was resolved, clearly not the case. I will be uploading the last mini dump, but let me already tell you that more than one error...
  9. Random BSOD - while Chrome open

Random BSOD - while Chrome open: 1) For startup and recovery system failure: un-check automatically restart When automatically restart is unchecked and there is a BSOD you will see a BSOD window. The BSOD window has a counter and rises to 100%. Please allow this to rise to 100% before rebooting. On...
  10. Random BSOD in random times

Random BSOD in random times: Hi, I'm really hoping to solve the problem since it's starting to distract seriously. I think since early summer BSODs been flashing now and then and now more and more often. Naturally I've tried memory solutions found online for memory related BSODs but now the different...