Windows 10: BSOD at random times while using PC

Discus and support BSOD at random times while using PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 home last week. However, today, while I was playing with my PS4, my PC randomly got 2 BSOD with in 3 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by asdfguy, Aug 28, 2015.

1. asdfguy Win User

BSOD at random times while using PC

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 home last week. However, today, while I was playing with my PS4, my PC randomly got 2 BSOD with in 3 minutes time frame. I was not using my PC. It was turned on, idling. After the first BSOD, the PC restarted and within 3 min another BSOD.

I ran Memtest and Prime95, and played GTA 5 without any failures.

System Spec

Computer type: PC/DesktopSystem
    Manufacturer/Model Number: Custom built
    CPU: Intel i7 3770k (not overclocked)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V
    Memory: Corsair 16GB
    Graphics Card(s): Sapphite AMD HD 7950 (not overclocked)
    Sound Card: Built-in Realtek; Driver Version: 6.0.1.7535
    Monitor(s) Displays: Dell S2415H 24 IPS GlossyScreen
    Solid State Drives: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB
    Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB HDD
    PSU: Be Quiet PurePower 530W semi-modular
    Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II White
    Cooling: Stock Fan
    Keyboard: Logitech Wireless K360
    Mouse: Microsoft Wireless
    Antivirus: Avast Free

First BSOD
    Code: Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 29/08/2015 09:34:05 Event ID: 41 Task Category: (63) Level: Critical Keywords: (35184372088832),(2) User: SYSTEM Computer: Dino-PC Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>3</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000200000000002</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-08-29T08:34:05.761890400Z" /> <EventRecordID>2209</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" /> <Channel>System</Channel> <Computer>Dino-PC</Computer> <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" /> </System> <EventData> <Data Name="BugcheckCode">268435582</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xffffffffc0000005</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffff8028aca8bec</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xffffd000228cdd68</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0xffffd000228cd580</Data> <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data> <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data> <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data> </EventData> </Event>[/quote]
    The second BSOD

Code: Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 29/08/2015 09:36:39 Event ID: 41 Task Category: (63) Level: Critical Keywords: (35184372088832),(2) User: SYSTEM Computer: Dino-PC Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>3</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000200000000002</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-08-29T08:36:39.995603100Z" /> <EventRecordID>2255</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" /> <Channel>System</Channel> <Computer>Dino-PC</Computer> <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" /> </System> <EventData> <Data Name="BugcheckCode">265</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xa3a01f58f95f8ad5</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xb3b72bdf4bdf0954</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xfffff80058459fb0</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x1</Data> <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data> <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data> <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data> </EventData> </Event>[/quote]

:)

asdfguy, Aug 28, 2015
  2. Kidagine Win User

BSOD "Interrupt Exception Not Handled" Windows 10

When I upgraded to windows 10 I had multiple BSOD every time I turned my pc on and to get past that I always reset my PC, after some weeks I started getting only this BSOD "Interrupt Exception Not Handled" So I still just reset my PC every time it happened,
    and it was random I could use my PC for 10 days and then the BSOD would show up but other times it could be only like 2 days, but now it happened again and I get error while re installing the PC so I have no other option then to ask you people here.

Kidagine, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Pookson Win User
    BSOD 41(63) (70368744177664),(2) ntoskrnl.exe

1) Can't tell for sure because BSODs are random. It happened while I was watching a movie, while browsing, while login in to Win, while staying idle in the middle of a day\night. Also they are irregular. Today for example there was just one in the morning
    and 10 hours later still no BSOD. At the same time yesterday it happened 5 time in a row with 20~30 minutes difference.

2)No recent changes.

3)I already reinstalled Win10 couple of times. With no 3rd party drivers, with them, with just essencials etc. I am using the same software I always use. It seems that the only thing that could have changed is Win Updates being installed automaticly.

Pookson, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Both of your dumps (0x109 and 0x1000007E) contain the following message:
    Code: DUMP_FILE_ATTRIBUTES: 0xc Insufficient Dumpfile Size Kernel Generated Triage Dump EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.[/quote]
    Follow BSOD Minidump - Configure to Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums to ensure you're set to create MiniDumps.

The chances are these crashes are down to a driver but there's nothing to pull from the dumps. After changing your MiniDump settings wait for another BSOD and upload new logs. In the meantime, we can rule out RAM as a possible cause.

Download and run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

BSOD at random times while using PC [​IMG]
    Note

Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.

Boozad, Aug 28, 2015
  5. asdfguy Win User
    Okay. It happened again when I was browsing on Facebook on Chrome.

asdfguy, Sep 3, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    It's Avast. Uninstall Avast and use native Defender coupled with MalwareBytes.
    Code: ffffd000`20a57cf8 fffff800`b142e9b3Unable to load image aswMonFlt.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswMonFlt.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswMonFlt.sys aswMonFlt+0x1e9b3[/quote] Code: ffffd000`20a570e8 fffff800`b02d0081Unable to load image aswSnx.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys aswSnx+0x50081[/quote] Code: ffffd000`20a56e28 fffff800`b14cad1aUnable to load image aswStm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswStm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswStm.sys aswStm+0xad1a[/quote]

Note Make sure you uncheck the 'Enable Free Trial' box when installing.

Boozad, Sep 3, 2015
  7. asdfguy Win User
    Okay, I uninstalled Avast, and my PC randomly restarted while I was surfacing the internet.

Attachment 35730

asdfguy, Sep 4, 2015
  8. Boozad Win User

Avast is still showing, there must be some remnants left.
    Code: ffffd000`20a57cf8 fffff800`b142e9b3Unable to load image aswMonFlt.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswMonFlt.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswMonFlt.sys aswMonFlt+0x1e9b3[/quote]
    Use the tool linked below to completely rid your system of Avast.

Boozad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD at random times while using PC - Similar Threads - BSOD random times

2. Random bluescreen while pc is not in use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random bluescreen while pc is not in use?: The past couple of days my PC is having random BSOD's while not in use. I would like to know why? I attached a minidump file to this question.Thanks in advance!...
  3. Random bluescreen while pc is not in use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random bluescreen while pc is not in use?: The past couple of days my PC is having random BSOD's while not in use. I would like to know why? I attached a minidump file to this question.Thanks in advance!...
  4. BSOD while not using PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while not using PC: Hi there, i have been experiancing BSOD multiple times every 2 days or so, it happend once or twice while using the PC browsing on chrome as well as AFK, heres the DMP file uploaded to google drive: i have tried the drivers check within windows 10 i have downloaded the...
  5. Random BSOD while using Firefox

Random BSOD while using Firefox: Hello! Since I've updated my Windows 10 to the 1903 version I'm having random BSODs while I'm opening new tabs in Firefox. Usually it happens once every few days and shortly after I boot up my PC for the first time of the day. The error is the following:...
  6. Random BSOD's while using computer

Random BSOD's while using computer: Hello, recently my laptop has been crashing. I had a few BSOD's about a week ago and one today. The crashes are seemingly random. Sometimes it crashes when I'm watching youtube, sometimes when I'm browsing reddit. I haven't downloaded any new drivers or anything so I don't...
  7. BSOD Random times, while gaming, while resting

BSOD Random times, while gaming, while resting: Im having issues with a BSOD at random times, It used to say Kernal Security check failure. I now do not see any error codes it may restart before i see it. It does Auto Restart. My PC has the following Specs: OS: Windows 10 MB: AsRock Z170 Gaming k6 CPU: Intel core i7...
  8. BSODs at random times (no particular program used)

BSODs at random times (no particular program used): Hello there, On June 3rd, 2017 my Dell XPS got its first BSOD and I didn't think much of it due to the fact that the BSOD was so fast that I couldn't even catch what the particular error was. Unfortunately it has occured 11 more times since that day and the Windows 10...
  9. Random BSODs while using laptop

Random BSODs while using laptop: So I reinstalled Windows like a month ago due to issues. Everything has been fine, however a few weeks ago, I started to get BSOD's while using the computer! It would just happen at random. However now, it bluescreens after logging back in from being in sleep mode. It did it...
  10. bsod screen at random times during use

bsod screen at random times during use: My pc was bumped over on its side several days ago and now it is giving me bsod randomly at times. My temperatures are good on both my cpu and gpu. I ran windows disk checks on both SSD's and also a memory check which all reported good. The bsod screens seem to be completely...