Windows 10: BSOD at random times with a Netio.sys issue

Discus and support BSOD at random times with a Netio.sys issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell OptiPlex 7020 running Windows 10. I have tried updating all the drivers and having the registry checked for errors. Nothing seems to stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by markpark, Jul 24, 2017.

1. markpark Win User

BSOD at random times with a Netio.sys issue

I have a Dell OptiPlex 7020 running Windows 10. I have tried updating all the drivers and having the registry checked for errors. Nothing seems to stop the daily BSOD with a netio.sys error. This is an office desktop behind a Barracuda firewall that runs mainly one accounting program with some internet use throughout the day. Running Windows scans and memory checks from safe mode has not turned up any issues.

:)

markpark, Jul 24, 2017

2. Help with BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (netio.sys)

Hi, I have been getting a BSOD on my Windows 10 PC with this message: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and the screen lists netio.sys as the culprit. The computer restarts and boots fine and the timing of the error appears fairly random. The link below has the zip
    file with the minidumps and system info file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao_LpaKMoBRjhH7ZexHIrdbwnp8p

any help is appreciated!

SeriousDude, Jul 24, 2017
  3. Jdtran Win User
    Windows 10 netio.sys system service exception error

Recently, I have started to experience random Blue Screen crashes and the error says netio.sys system service exception. I tried to follow a video on YouTube that said to input the command: "bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy" and that didn't
    really work as I am still experiencing random crashes. What I have realized though is that after inputting the command, my boot time seems to be a lot longer than usual (Before inputting command boot time was around 10 seconds. After inputting command, boot
    time seems to be around 25-30 seconds). So my first question is, what command do I use to set my boot policy to whatever it was before I changed it to legacy. My second question would be regarding the netio.sys crashes and how to resolve this issue.

Jdtran, Jul 24, 2017
  4. BSOD at random times with a Netio.sys issue

Hi,

All crashdumps show stop code 0x0000001E. Network Adapter driver and AVG shown as cause in the dump analysis. Please update or roll back the network driver and remove AVG for testing purposes:

Code: 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (25.07.2017 19:21:26) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption e1d65x64.sys [18.06.2015] * Intel Pro/1000 Network Adapter driver * => Drivers & Software avgwfpa.sys [27.07.2016] * AVG Firewall driver * => AVG Free Antivirus Download | Virus Protection Software avgfwd6a.sys [10.08.2015] * AVG * => Support: http://www.avg.com/us-en/support FLTMGR.SYS ***** Invalid * Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager (Windows System File) PROCESS: System Usual causes: Device driver, hardware, System service, compatibility, Remote control programs, memory, BIOS[/quote]
    1) Upate or roll back network driver
    This should be the right one: Download Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10*
    U can use the Intel update tool too for this: Download Intel® Driver Update Utility

2) Remove AVG
    AVG AVG | Download tools and utilities

BSODHunter, Jul 25, 2017
  5. markpark Win User
    Thank you! I did both of the recommended actions this morning. I will update the thread after a few days to see if this has fixed the issue. Thanks again.

markpark, Jul 25, 2017
  6. Is there any news or did you fix the problem?

BSODHunter, Aug 1, 2017
  7. markpark Win User
    After removing AVG and the network driver, I reinstalled a new driver for the NIC. We have not had a BSOD error since then. I am going to reinstall AVG today and see if we can get it to work without any errors. I am going to mark this thread as Solved, as I believe your advice has correctly identified the issues. Thanks again for your help!

markpark, Aug 1, 2017
  8. BSOD at random times with a Netio.sys issue

Glad to hear that your problem is now fixed. Let us know if there are any other problems.

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD at random times with a Netio.sys issue

1. BSOD at random times with a Netio.sys issue - Similar Threads - BSOD random times

2. BSOD at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD at random times: In the past few weeks I've received a couple of BSODs during seemingly unrelated activities. One was triggered during the shut down process MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. The other triggered randomly during a gaming session IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. BlueScreenView info and google searches...
  3. How to stop blue screen netio sys errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to stop blue screen netio sys errors: how do you stop blue screen errors namely netio sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-blue-screen-netio-sys-errors/e49a01ce-e85b-473a-83a5-bc6993532637
  4. Random BSOD (Bad_Pool_Caller) when doing nothing. fwpkcInt.sys & NetIO

Random BSOD (Bad_Pool_Caller) when doing nothing. fwpkcInt.sys & NetIO: Recently moved my pc to another town. Within the first or second day i started to experience BSODs randomly. Cannot pin point any updates or anything else. Attached minidump file. Could anyone help me out? It would be greatly appreciated! Edit: I've essentially...
  5. Random BSODs caused by cm11264.sys.

Random BSODs caused by cm11264.sys.: Hi, i recently started having issues with my computer crashing. I will provide the dump files. I've looked up what cm11264.sys was connected to and it was my pair of Sennheiser 363d. I have since then tried multiple driver versions, and now have switched to a different port....
  6. Windows 10 Randomly Crashes. NETIO!StreamProcessCallout

Windows 10 Randomly Crashes. NETIO!StreamProcessCallout: Hi Windows 10 Pro 64-bit fully updated. 24GB RAM For the last few months my PC has randomly crashed. Sometimes it will be fine for days, other times it goes a couple of times in a day or so. The PC just stops and freezes. I have dual screens, one goes black, the...
  7. system_service_exception - netio-sys Always when computer is idle

system_service_exception - netio-sys Always when computer is idle: Hello, guys! Ive been getting BSOD for around a week and I notice it only happens if I leave the computer idle for around 10~20 minutes, it won't happen at all while I'm using it. I'm running a Z800 HP Workstation. Attached are the log files. Thank you in advance! *Smile...
  8. random BSOD issues multiple times daily

random BSOD issues multiple times daily: Hello, I am getting a BSOD at random multiple times daily. I have run the windbg and can only find a crash related to csrss.exe but I can't figure out how to fix it. This is a new windows 10 Enterprise installation which I was getting BSOD on this computer with windows 8.1...
  9. BSOD @ random times, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, L1C63x64.sys

BSOD @ random times, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, L1C63x64.sys: It's not always L1C63x64.sys, it has also shown NETIO.SYS but only once. I have not seen consistency in activity during crashes, it's happened idling, downloading, playing a game. I've seen errors with this driver linked to the Atheros driver or a VPN (I have both a work...
  10. Random BSOD in random times

Random BSOD in random times: Hi, I'm really hoping to solve the problem since it's starting to distract seriously. I think since early summer BSODs been flashing now and then and now more and more often. Naturally I've tried memory solutions found online for memory related BSODs but now the different...
Tags: