Windows 10: BSOD at startup ocassionally, possibly Nvidia drivers?

Discus and support BSOD at startup ocassionally, possibly Nvidia drivers? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Howdy, Upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 (computer came with windows 7 originally), and now I am having all sorts of issues with windows 10. One of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lawl, Aug 8, 2015.

1. lawl Win User

BSOD at startup ocassionally, possibly Nvidia drivers?

Howdy,

Upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 (computer came with windows 7 originally), and now I am having all sorts of issues with windows 10. One of them being frequent BSODs during startup. BlueScreenView is showing ntoskrnl.exe is the problem (but as I have read here, most likely its a 3rd party driver causing this). I'm getting DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS errors during startup. On the few times I have been able to boot into windows normally, disk usage will remain pegged at 100% for a while because of various system host tasks, then all of a sudden I will get a DPC watchdog violation error.

At first I couldn't boot into windows unless I was in safe mode, but then I updated my Nvidia drivers--only then could I boot into windows, which leads me to believe this is an Nvidia related issue. But the odd thing is this: I have to reinstall the nvidia driver everytime I want to be able to boot the computer into non-safe mode. If I don't, I'll get a BSOD. Absolutely puzzled here and can't seem to find anybody else with the same problem.

Attachment 29716

:)

lawl, Aug 8, 2015

2. BSOD and ocassional crashing with no BSOD

Memtest is the most reliable but you could try doing whatever it was you did that made the computer crash

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 8, 2015
  3. tooyoutoe Win User
    BSOD and ocassional crashing with no BSOD

Hi all,

Hello All, I'm hoping you might be able to help troubleshoot some crashing I've had on my computer... I've been getting BSODs, usually they are for different reasons. The temps shouldn't be an issue on anything, and it usually doesn't
    crash under a ton of load. Last night it bsod'd when I was making a zip file, and today it crashed while I was playing Dirty Bomb, a not very intensive steam game. I'll try to add more info, but the minidump and memtest files are at the link here.
    I've been running prime95 and FurMark, but still haven't been able to replicate the problem, so I'm guessing it might be ram? That's the next step on my troubleshooting. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• EVGA 850 B2 PSU
    • Intel i7 6700k
    • EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980
    • CORSAIR Vengeance DDR4 Ram PN: CMK16GX4M2A2400C14R
    • Coolermaster CPU cooler (212 maybe? Can't remember the model)
    • Samsung EVO 250gb boot drive
    • Seagate 3tb storage hd
    • Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 MoBo with BIOS F4
    • Thermaltake MK-1 case (it did crash one time after I plugged my logitech wireless headphones adapter into the case USBs)
    • Windows 10 Pro (genuine)
    After running memtest64 for about 2 hours, I had 32 errors in the "Test 5 [Moving inversions, random pattern]" part. Is this unreasonably high? I ran a separate and got 120 errors. When I ran the two sticks separately, I got 0 errors
    on both. Not sure what to do here, or if I'm looking at a MoBo/CPU problem.

I uploaded the most recent minidump file (today) to the link. It was un "Unexpected_Kernalmode_Trap" bsod. The memtest and Intel detection results are both HTML documents, but any information as to what is causing these BSODs would
    be GREATLY appreciated!

Last Crash gave me:

Bug Check Code: 0x1000007f (00000000`00000008, fffff801`6eb9be70, ffffd000`28e31fe0, fffff801`6cabf869).

I have no idea what these mean.

Computer Crash

tooyoutoe, Aug 8, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi lawl,

I'm very sorry for the delay, there aren't many people in this section.
    Are you still requiring help?
    If so, please use the tool again and upload a new zip file.

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD at startup ocassionally, possibly Nvidia drivers? [​IMG]

BSOD at startup ocassionally, possibly Nvidia drivers? [​IMG]

Thema:

1. BSOD at startup ocassionally, possibly Nvidia drivers? - Similar Threads - BSOD startup ocassionally

2. Blue Screen of Death - Possibly NVIDIA Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death - Possibly NVIDIA Driver: Hi all,I have been having some BSOD errors on my computer. They started out as KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION and BAD POOL CALLER. I tried working through the typical steps scan with SFC, Scan with dism.exe, and check RAM. I would have the BSOD come up a few times within an hour...
  3. Blue Screen of Death - Possibly NVIDIA Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen of Death - Possibly NVIDIA Driver: Hi all,I have been having some BSOD errors on my computer. They started out as KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION and BAD POOL CALLER. I tried working through the typical steps scan with SFC, Scan with dism.exe, and check RAM. I would have the BSOD come up a few times within an hour...
  4. Blue Screen of Death - Possibly NVIDIA Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly: Here's what Windbg shows about the minidump that was created after the crash on startup. I believe it's Nvidia but let me know your thoughts and how to solve this issue.I've installed a driver recently I believe, a new driver released by Nvidia. Microsoft R Windows Debugger...
  6. BSOD caused by NVIDIA Driver?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD caused by NVIDIA Driver?: So i was playing vrchat and a couple weeks ago i updated my driver to 457.09 not important now but later.So i was playing VRChat for the first time since updating my driver and i went into the game and ran straight into a BSOD.Now this kinda scared me, since the last time i...
  7. Nvidia drivers causing BSoD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia drivers causing BSoD?: I just installed the game readyNvidia drivers for gtx 1070 on my PC. I played Some games after, but suddenly, my PC froze and i restarted it often, but it just stopped while loading Windows 10. After Some restarts BSoD "Critical process died" appeared. I cant Start in...
  8. 0x124 - possibly related to NVIDIA drivers?

0x124 - possibly related to NVIDIA drivers?: I've been having a crashing problem recently. Hi all, this problem has been pestering me for months, but after failed attempts to fix it myself, I felt I should ask for help. I am running Windows 10 (64-bit), but this problem also occurred on 8.1 and 7 (both 64-bit)...
  9. BSOD Watchdog Violation 1x133 (possible nVidia)

BSOD Watchdog Violation 1x133 (possible nVidia): Recently I have built a 3D rendering station for a client of mine. The machine runs, but crashes about once or twice a day with a BSOD (watchdog violation 1x133. Blue Screen View mentions either nvlddmkm.sys or ntoskrnl.exe as culprit. Things I have tried so far: -...
  10. Possible NVIDIA Driver Freezing (With no NVIDIA card)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possible NVIDIA Driver Freezing (With no NVIDIA card): Hello, I have had Windows 10 pretty much since official release- and it's great! One problem however; it seems to crash every now and then. By crash, I mean the computer freezes up (No BSOD) and I can't move mouse nor turn num-lock off... The only option is to force shut...