Windows 10: BSOD at various times, opening a zip, viewing a webpage, etc.

Discus and support BSOD at various times, opening a zip, viewing a webpage, etc. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all! First time poster, long time viewer -- was active back in the sevenforums.com days. The issue on this tower has got to be the fact that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tj18, Jul 29, 2017.

1. tj18 Win User

BSOD at various times, opening a zip, viewing a webpage, etc.

Hey all!
    First time poster, long time viewer -- was active back in the sevenforums.com days.

The issue on this tower has got to be the fact that there is incompatible hardware. This is an old Dell studio you can see in the report. My desktop originally was a Vista machine (free upgrade to 7), and now runs Windows 10. Since, I've upgraded RAM and SSD.

Crashing: Honestly, I cannot pinpoint it. It crashed while attempting to modify Wordpress online, crashed again today while opening to see contents of the zip I attached below, crashes as the Desktop is still loading the OS.

I also get different blue screen stop codes. Earlier crash dumps attached may show verifier.exe info/crashes. It's a fun mixed bag of KMODE EXCEPTION, NON PAGED, System Thread Exception, etc. Greatly appreciated for the help and input on this one!

TJ

:)

2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 Blue Screens

Hi Mitch, BSOD's are generally caused by device driver issues . . .

Open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump

Zip up the contents of that folder

Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)

Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

DaveM121, Jul 29, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 keeps crashing after reinstall

Please open File Explorer, navigate to C:\Windows\Mini Dumps

Zip up the contents of that folder and send it to the cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)

Post a link to that zip folder here and someone here will have a look and see if we can work out what exactly is causing your BSOD's . . .

DaveM121, Jul 29, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD at various times, opening a zip, viewing a webpage, etc. [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

5. tj18 Win User

6. axe0 New Member
    You're correct that many information is in the zip you provided, but quite often I need to do research on certain specifications of parts I can't directly find back.

7. tj18 Win User
    Hi Axe,
    Sure, completed and saved my system info. I am trying to isolate the memory sticks and running test again with just 2x2GB installed at a time and cannot reproduce those failures from before. I'll try one stick per test..

8. tj18 Win User

Just checking in - Perhaps this was resolved after resetting verifier.exe , or reseating the RAM. Been running on 12GB just fine since two weeks.

9. axe0 New Member
    Resetting driver verifier affects stability in very, very, few cases.

10. tj18 Win User
    I was unsuccessful in resolve. Most recent crashed were "Critical Process Died". I rolled this back to Windows 7 as it simply cannot handle 10. After all, this PC did ship with Vista on it.

11. zbook New Member
    zbook, Sep 2, 2017
  12. axe0 New Member
    @zbook, that's not needed.

Thema:

1. BSOD at various times, opening a zip, viewing a webpage, etc. - Similar Threads - BSOD various times

2. windows 10 zip view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 zip view: i recently switched from an older os using an unzipping program to windows 10 and its built-in zip functionality. is there a way to get zips to always open as a new window? zips only, not when i click any regular folder. is there a way to set a default folder view for...
  3. Various BSOD Issues: KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various BSOD Issues: KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE, etc.: Hi, So I built my PC a few months ago and every once in a while I'd get various BSODs. They recently stopped occurring till one day windows could not be read on my boot drive so I performed a fresh install. Now the BSODs happens more often. I'm not very good with software...
  4. Various BSODs including MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL, amdkmdag, etc

Various BSODs including MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL, amdkmdag, etc: Hello all, I recently built a new PC with the following specs: 1. Ryzen 2600X 2. 5500 XT 3. MSI B450 Gaming Plus AC itx And I've experience various different crashes and other system instability issues. Symptoms include also for any future poor souls trying to Google:...
  5. not open webpage

not open webpage: not open web page error (DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-open-webpage/53925e82-0fee-4cba-ba2c-c4000037dc99
  6. BSOD at various times, Dump .zip file attached

BSOD at various times, Dump .zip file attached: Hello, I've been having this same BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" error for a couple weeks. It happens every couple days, sometimes when the computer is idle, sometimes when playing a game or working in Qt Creator. What I've done: Made sure Windows is fully up-to-date Updated...
  7. Unable to view webpage contents

Unable to view webpage contents: I am unable to view the following web-page. https://vdocuments.site/diplomatic-asylum-and-the-assange-case.html https://vdocuments.site/diplomatic-asylum-theory-practice-and-the-case-of-julian-assange.html Additionally, all subsequent associated pages are prevented...
  8. Various BSODs/crashes at random times

Various BSODs/crashes at random times: I'm getting varying bluescreens and sometimes even crashes at random times. When these crashes occur, my screen just goes black and Windows starts normally as if nothing had happened, without leaving a dump file, whereas the bluescreens always leave one behind. The most...
  9. BSOD at various times (incl Youtube, Skype)

BSOD at various times (incl Youtube, Skype): Hi, I've started getting daily+ BSODs after about 3 months of using my newly built PC. They seem to mostly occur while watching YouTube videos or using Skype, but have also occurred at other times. I've attached the dump files. There seems to be a number of missing...
  10. Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time

Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time: My PC seems to have BSOD at random moment, like when playing GTA V, watching youtube, or even 30 seconds after boot up idling, but sometime it can survive 5 hours without single BSOD.. The displayed BSOD cause are also random sometime it's DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, or...