Windows 10: BSOD Bad Pool Error. Please help me pinpoint the culprit driver.

Discus and support BSOD Bad Pool Error. Please help me pinpoint the culprit driver. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm getting the BSOD bad pool error. I am 99.9% sure the problem is with a driver but I am unable to figure out which one on my own.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by frankma, Jul 11, 2017.

1. frankma Win User

BSOD Bad Pool Error. Please help me pinpoint the culprit driver.

Hello all,

I'm getting the BSOD bad pool error. I am 99.9% sure the problem is with a driver but I am unable to figure out which one on my own.

Attached is my DM Log. I appreciate any and all help. Thank you all for your efforts.

Sincerely,

Frank

PS - How does one delete no longer needed files from the file upload manager?

:)

frankma, Jul 11, 2017
  2. WillCrump Win User

Windows 10 = Bad_Pool_Header Blue Screen

I too have experienced the BSOD with a Bad Pool Header error. I reinstalled and was fine for about a week and now it's doing it again! :-(

What are the most likely culprits? There is no alpha-numeric code associated with the "Bad_Pool_Header" BSOD.

WillCrump, Jul 11, 2017
  3. PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES BSOD on Windows 10

Hi, I've gotten this error multiple times on the past few days. I did a massive driver update so I can't really pinpoint a time to say "this is causing it", and I know it's usually outdated/bad drivers what cause this. Could anyone give me a hand with
    this? I've tried stuff like BlueScreenView but it's not helping me to pinpoint the cause of the BSOD. Thanks!

Nicolás Gonzalez, Jul 11, 2017
  4. frankma Win User

Oops, sorry. This is a Dell XPS 8500, stock motherboard, I7 CPU, 16gb ram, SSD Hard Drive. Not overheating, memory is good.

frankma, Jul 11, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    Code: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: H:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume34.(A device which does not exist was specified.)[/quote] Code: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: H:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume37.(A device which does not exist was specified.)[/quote] Code: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: H:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume48.(A device which does not exist was specified.)[/quote] Code: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk5\DR27 during a paging operation.[/quote] Code: BugCheck C2, {7, 206c644d, 40d000d, ffffca8bbdb61ab0}*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for A6100.sys[/quote] Code: A6100 NETGEAR A6100 WiFi Ada NETGEAR A6100 WiFi Ada Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 4,096 2,674,688 0 Thursday, December 10, C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\A6100.sys 4,096[/quote]
    Code: BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, 0}*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlanu.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlanu.sysProbably caused by : rtwlanu.sys ( rtwlanu+2a7b5a )[/quote] Code: RtlWlanu Realtek Wireless LAN 8 Realtek Wireless LAN 8 Kernel Manual Stopped OK FALSE FALSE 4,096 2,240,512 0 Thursday, September 29 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rtwlanu.sys 4,096[/quote] rtwlanu.sys Realtek RTLxxxxx Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter
    Used by different manufacturer's Realtek
    Code: BugCheck 9F, {4, 12c, ffff9487f2e81040, ffffd48146c79980}Implicit thread is now ffff9487`f2e81040Probably caused by : UsbHub3.sys[/quote] Code: ffffd481`51fb1f28 fffff807`f5cf3297Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\file_protector.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for file_protector.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for file_protector.sys file_protector+0x33297[/quote]

Code: file_protect Acronis File Protector Acronis File Protector File System Auto Running OK TRUE FALSE 0 401,408 0 Saturday, March 25, 20 C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\file_protector.sys 8,192[/quote]

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) perform windows updates and post any failed KB# with error code

6) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.

Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.

The bios in your computer: BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A12, Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Please check to see if this is the most up to date version.

To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.

Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.

So please make sure your files are backed up.

Please make a backup image with Macrium:

Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free: Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

And please create a restore point.

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings

3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:

3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

7) connect your computer to ethernet using cat5e and disconnect wireless or download the drivers first to the desktop before turning off wireless:

8) Open device manager > expand > network adapters > identify Realtek Wireless LAN 8 with driver: rtwlanu.sys

9) uninstall rtwlanu.sys and reinstall by view the dell web site > enter your computer's serial or product number and operating system.

10) uninstall: NETGEAR A6100 WiFi with driver:A6100.sys
    install new driver from the dell web site or download | Support | NETGEAR

10) uninstall: Acronis File Protector File System with driver: protector.sys and install: from the Dell web site or from: Customer Service & Support - Acronis

11) run one of the SMART tests on your drives:
    CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World: CrystalDiskMark - Software - Crystal Dew World
    Software - Crystal Dew World
    HD Tune: HD Tune website
    Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring: Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring

When the SMART test has completed open the Microsoft snipping tool and make images of the results to post into the thread.

12) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 runs.
    This may take many hours so plan to run it overnight.Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more runs make an image of the results to post into the thread.
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials

zbook, Jul 11, 2017
  6. BSODHunter, Jul 11, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    When you ignore the dumps are you doing it by count or by date or some other method?

With just a one week parameter there were three different drivers producing bsod.

zbook, Jul 11, 2017
  8. BSOD Bad Pool Error. Please help me pinpoint the culprit driver.

I only take the last five dumps by date. After I have read thousands of threads in this forum, the number five has proven itself very well with the bsod analysts. Five bluescreens dumps can be deduced very well from where the problem could come that certain causes are always repeated and thus are visible. In this case, the netgear driver "emerges as the only driver" in the last five dumps. This tells me that the focus on this driver or the corresponding device (which uses the driver) should be placed. If the user replaces the driver with another version and/or the device had a problem, further bsods should be awaited to start another analysis.

The only exception, if the last five bsod dumps do not produce any results at all, I also look at the older ones or ask for a MEMORY.DMP.

BSODHunter, Jul 11, 2017
  9. frankma Win User
    Great, thank you for responding so fast I appreciate it. Sorry I didn't write back sooner. I was sleeping and after that I had work. I'll let you know if the problem goes away and close this out if it does. I should know by late tonight. Thanks!!!!

frankma, Jul 12, 2017
  10. frankma Win User
    Thanks to both of you. I uninstalled everything Netgear. After that I installed just the newest driver and all is great. On the DSLreports speed test I'm getting over 9000 kB/s downstream. No more BSOD.

frankma, Jul 12, 2017
  11. Glad to hear that your problem is now fixed. Let us know if there are any other problems.

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Bad Pool Error. Please help me pinpoint the culprit driver. - Similar Threads - BSOD Bad Pool

2. BSOD bad pool caller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD bad pool caller: Hi Everyone,My laptop frequently and randomly bluescreens with the message BAD_POOL_CALLER.I am on Windows 11.I would really like for this issue to be fixed as I have just started university and I don't have the funds to buy a new laptop.Thank you everyone for your help.Here...
  3. BSOD BAD POOL CALLER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD BAD POOL CALLER: Mac with Bootcamp getting this error after recent Windows update. What can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-bad-pool-caller/66fc4c2a-d1a3-447d-8159-6ab9f420ce32
  4. Bad Pool Dead (BSOD)

Bad Pool Dead (BSOD): For the last couple of months, I have been getting the BSOD with Bad Pool Header while playing the game Fortnite. It generally only opens at the end of the game when I am required to return back to the lobby of the game. It has happened on occasion during the game as well....
  5. BSOD - Bad Pool Header

BSOD - Bad Pool Header: In the past few weeks I have been getting BSOD's rather frequently, specifically everytime I am playing a game. But this one caught my attention as the second error hinted at a malfunctioning disk. I have already tried looking for out of date drivers but have not succeeded...
  6. BSOD Bad Pool Header

BSOD Bad Pool Header: Since upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, my computer would crash once a day with a bad pool header notification. I have tried everything I can think of to resolve this issue, and am coming here as a last resort. Below is my DM Log Collector zip. 32179
  7. BSOD, Bad Pool Header

BSOD, Bad Pool Header: Acer Aspire ES1-711-P14W with Windows 10. I had Windows 10 since Insiders builds and a few weeks ago it started BSODing frequently, mainly DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and BAD_POOL_HEADER, I thought a reinstall would fix the issue but it didn't, I still had 2 BSODs with the...
  8. Win 10 BSOD Bad Pool Error

Win 10 BSOD Bad Pool Error: I am at my wits end. I had win 7 with all the exact same HW and no issues. I like win 10 (installed last year) and only recently in last couple of weeks have been hit by this BSOD. On a good day, its 1 BSOD, on a bad day, 4+. No rhyme or reason. I7 920 with 16 GB RAM...
  9. BSOD - Bad Pool Header

BSOD - Bad Pool Header: I've tested the memory with memtest86, uninstalled recently installed software and updated my drivers with driver reviver. these were the recommendations on other forums and i'm unsure what else i can do to try and fix this. i tried to upload my minidump folder aswell as a...
  10. BSOD Bad Pool Header

BSOD Bad Pool Header: Hello I have a Laptone Wifi Dongle and a wireless mouse dongle in my USB ports on my Dell Inspiron 1750 laptop. I have uploaded the file dumps for you. I get the BDOS screen occasionally when I am browsing on my computer. Thanks 70566