Windows 10: Bsod Bad_Pool_Caller, cant boot except in Safe Mode with Networking

Discus and support Bsod Bad_Pool_Caller, cant boot except in Safe Mode with Networking in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i recently installed windows 10 and before that i was using windows 7. During this time i already had gotten crashes regarding my video driver.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SinisterousJoke, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Bsod Bad_Pool_Caller, cant boot except in Safe Mode with Networking

Hello, i recently installed windows 10 and before that i was using windows 7.
    During this time i already had gotten crashes regarding my video driver. These kinda stopped over time, but still return once in a while.

So today in windows 10 my PC crashed twice, once was a freeze, second one was a Kernel security check failure.

In a response to this i used driver verifier, made it check all installed drivers and rebooted the machine. This pretty much broke it. I now cant boot up except on Safe Mode, there isnt a recovery point, windows cant detect the error and i cant seem to install windows SDK debugging tools because windows installer wont run in Safe mode.

I am pretty much with a broken computer at this moment, only bootable in safe mode. This is the computer i used to post this. The computer is in dutch so that might be a problem, sorry about that.

I attached the file.Attachment 71015

:)

SinisterousJoke, Mar 22, 2016

2. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I have upgraded my newer win 7 dell laptop to win 10. After upgrade, my system boots up, loads desktop, appears to be loading background apps, then crashes with BSOD K mode exception not handled error. I went into safe mode, disabled driver that seemed
    to have a conflict and rebooted. Crashed again. I cannot get access to my wireless network in safe mode, so I cannot update driver in safe mode. Little help???

PhilSlaght, Mar 22, 2016
  3. BSOD

Im getting various stopcode errores including Whea uncorrectable and machine check exception. This freezes up my computer and i have to power off by holding the power button down. I cant get into any safe mode as bsod happens first. i have downloaded windows
    10 media installation media on usb but does not boot.

Help please

Simon100000, Mar 22, 2016
  4. Bsod Bad_Pool_Caller, cant boot except in Safe Mode with Networking

Hello SJ and welcome to 10forums! *Smile

I looked through the dump files, one of them was caused by Neo_0093.sys which seems to be a driver for SoftEther VPN.

Do you by any chance use it?

The other dump file didn't point to anything specific and it took forever to debug it in WinDbg.

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 22, 2016
  5. Well, thanks to your information i fixed the bsod on startup, i deleted softether, manually removed the drivers it didnt delete, and disabled driver verifier.

But now i got another problem, the computer once again crashed this morning with a freeze, then later that day with a bsod. I couldn't see the error this time because i wasn't the one behind the computer at that moment. I will attach the new crash dump. Attachment 71155

SinisterousJoke, Mar 23, 2016
  6. Hello again SJ.

Looked at the dump file from the 24th and can't really say I'm seeing anything out of place, it's also tricky because the BSOD you got has a value that is very hard to get to the bottom of it. It doesn't really pin point anything and that is what's so hard about it.

There is however one thing you could try to do and that would be to update the BIOS, it might or not solve your problem, only time will tell, anyway here is the download page:
    AMD 970 Extreme3 BIOS

And here is a tutorial page:
    BIOS tutorial

Cheers, Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 23, 2016
  7. Hello again, i didnt upgrade the bios yet but i found something odd.
    I have 8Gigs of ram on this computer, but windows only allows programs to use 4. It even shows that it detects 8gb, but only show 4gb useable.

This is a 64-bit computer.
    I am kinda lost.
    EDIT: It shows that my current hardware use 4GB of RAM. This doesn't look normal.

8. Bsod Bad_Pool_Caller, cant boot except in Safe Mode with Networking

Huh interesting that is something that I've only heard laptop's having trouble with, the manufacturer has put on a lock and you can't get it open but this is different since you've built it yourself.

That means that there might be a setting in the BIOS that is wrongly configured.

Also try this:
    - Go to run
    - Type msconfig> boot > advanced options, make sure maximum memory is unchecked.

Cheers, Boris *Smile

9. Well, the computer randomly gave me a black screen and i had to force a restart, now it shows that i have the normal 8gig available. with around 60-90mb in hardware.

10. Okay, well black screen usually points to a graphics card driver issue.

And great if it fixed itself!

11. I will stop rapidly posting after this, but it randomly restarted again, with only skype and chrome open. I will update the bios this evening, and hope it fixes it.

EDIT: Updated Bios

12. Well, it didnt work. The computer froze again and i had to force a restart, after which it automaticly rebooted my pc thrice before finally entering windows.

EDIT: The moment i pressed reply on this, it restarted. So yeah.... It also only allows me 4GB again, which seems to be random when it happens.

SinisterousJoke, Mar 24, 2016
  13. Bsod Bad_Pool_Caller, cant boot except in Safe Mode with Networking

Bsod happened, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Didnt make a minidump as it looked like the system froze right after displaying the error.

14. Hi could you please go here:

File Explorer -> address bar -> type this: %SYSTEMROOT%/minidump

If you find any files, please upload them.

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 24, 2016
  15. Nothing i havent send already. I checked beforehand.

Thema:

Bsod Bad_Pool_Caller, cant boot except in Safe Mode with Networking

1. Bsod Bad_Pool_Caller, cant boot except in Safe Mode with Networking - Similar Threads - Bsod Bad_Pool_Caller cant

2. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  3. Booted in safe mode and cant login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booted in safe mode and cant login: I selected safe mode with registry? Or something of the sort and now i cant login, and i cant bring up the cmnd prompt or my account. I used system. Restore but it did not change anything...
  4. Booted in safe mode and cant login

Booted in safe mode and cant login: I selected safe mode with registry? Or something of the sort and now i cant login, and i cant bring up the cmnd prompt or my account. I used system. Restore but it did not change anything...
  5. BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled - will not boot to safe mode?

BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled - will not boot to safe mode?: Switched on my Lenovo ideapad this morning and got BSOD with the error System Thread Exception Not Handled just this message no additional data. Prior to this I've had no issues at all with the laptop.I have tried Start up repair and System restore with no success. I cant...
  6. BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled - will not boot to safe mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled - will not boot to safe mode?: Switched on my Lenovo ideapad this morning and got BSOD with the error System Thread Exception Not Handled just this message no additional data. Prior to this I've had no issues at all with the laptop.I have tried Start up repair and System restore with no success. I cant...
  7. BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled - will not boot to safe mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSOD - Inaccessible boot device, cant boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Inaccessible boot device, cant boot into safe mode.: Dear all, I have tried searching online for a fix but perhaps my issue is rather unique. (I do not have much IT knowledge) 1. BSOD came while having some common programmes running - Chrome, Telegram and Game(COD) 2. PC reboots itself: Inaccessible boot device (StopCode)...
  9. BSOD on boot (critical_process_died), cant boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD on boot (critical_process_died), cant boot into safe mode: TL:DR: Can't boot (even into safe mode) after removing device 'Intel HD Graphics 4000' (and uninstalling its drivers). Getting critical_process_died BSOD. My specs: Mobo ASRock Z77 Pro4, CPU i5 3570k I had my integrated GPU (Intel HD Graphics 4000) disabled because it gave...
  10. INTERMITTENT Failure to Boot Except in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    INTERMITTENT Failure to Boot Except in Safe Mode: Hello all, I have Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 11 that came with Windows 8. I took advantage of the free Windows 10 offer when it came out. My computer failed to boot last week--the UEFI firmware successfully handed control over to the Windows bootloader; I saw the windows...