Windows 10: BSOD Bad_Pool_Caller while surfing the net

Discus and support BSOD Bad_Pool_Caller while surfing the net in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP ENVY 17 Notebook and I keep getting BSOD Bad_Pool_Caller it doesn't happen when doing certain thing. I use my laptop at work and I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tiggerstoo, Aug 18, 2016.

1. BSOD Bad_Pool_Caller while surfing the net

I have an HP ENVY 17 Notebook and I keep getting BSOD Bad_Pool_Caller it doesn't happen when doing certain thing. I use my laptop at work and I can leave it on go out to lunch and when I come back it's restarted. I've tried asking HP for help and the only thing they seem to be interested in telling is to restore to factory. I cannot do that because there on programs on my laptop that I do not have the disks or way to get them back if I have to start from scratch. The person didn't seem to care just kept suggesting the same thing over and over again. Wasn't willing to try anything else to help me. So here I am now looking to see if anyone else has this problem and knows how to fix it. Any help other than restoring to factory would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachment 96975

:)

tiggerstoo, Aug 18, 2016

2. Random BSOD's while net surfing

Hi,

Please double check your settings here :

Control Panel - System - on left side Advanced System Settings - Advanced tab -

Startup and Recovery - Settings - System Failure - check the box to Write an Event to System Log

uncheck Auto Restart

make sure the Write Debugging is set to small minidump

and the default folder should look like %SystemRoot%\Minidump.

How to configure Windows to create MiniDump files on BSOD

NirBlog » Blog Archive » How to configure Windows to create MiniDump files on BSOD

----------------------------------

Uninstall Kaspersky and then run its Removal Tool. Use Windows Defender.

List of anti-malware program cleanup/uninstall tools

List of anti-malware product removal tools

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common Windows antivirus software

Rob - SpiritX

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 18, 2016
  3. ogun228 Win User
    Random BSOD's while net surfing

Getting loads of " your computer ran into a problem etc and needs to restart". Then "insert startup media blah blah".

I have to shut down and restart. "

[0120/131921:INFOBSOD Bad_Pool_Caller while surfing the net :(0)] WebCore is now online.

[0120/131921:INFOBSOD Bad_Pool_Caller while surfing the net :(0)] Running Awesomium 1.7.5.1"

This is the debug log that appears on my desk

top.

I stopped using Edge and Explorer for that reason but other browsers are no better.

I have used "Fix Win10" to try and resolve the issue to no avail. So far my Win10 experience is a bust.

Computer is ASUS ROG GL51JW with128gb SSD.

Any ideas?

Unrelated is that the system crashes and recovers whenever I try to right click on a directory to add a new folder. Really weird.

ogun228, Aug 18, 2016
  4. BSOD Bad_Pool_Caller while surfing the net

Hello tiggerstoo and welcome to Tenforums, I hope you enjoy your stay here *Smile

I would recommend that you visit the HP Support page for your laptop:

Click me

And there you scroll down to:

Driver-Network

Click the text, a list of drivers will pop-up, download the latest Broadcom driver. It should be dated like the 19th of August and updating it should fix your issue.

Normally a factory reset of a laptop is a last try fix only if you've tried everything. You must have just had a bad experience of a Support guy.

Cheers, Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Aug 19, 2016
  5. Boris,

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion. Unfortunately that didn't seem to solve the problem. Anybody have any other ideas? Earlier before I had written my original post I actually did a chat with HP and they remotely accessed my computer and updated my wifi drivers, BIOS, and video drivers. So the wifi driver should have been updated before I had made my original post. Although, I did see that a new driver had come out again since the last time it was updated. I'm just not sure how to proceed from here. I got the dreaded BSOD again today (9-7-16) so attached is the latest info.

Thanks!

Attachment 100313

tiggerstoo, Sep 6, 2016
  6. Hi tiggerstoo,

I recently have been experiencing the same problem on an ASUS based desktop PC.

I have Nirsoft's 'Blue screen View' program which tells me the problem is my wireless network driver.
    I updated the driver but it made no difference.

However, the system only blue screens if I try to use Firefox.
    With Internet Explorer it is fine.

I am still investigating. Will let you know how I go.

The Doctor, Sep 9, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Hi The Doctor,

Please note that those kind of programs very often do not provide enough information, they often blame the last driver active what is in many situations a Windows driver where we know from that they aren't the cause.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Bad_Pool_Caller while surfing the net

1. BSOD Bad_Pool_Caller while surfing the net - Similar Threads - BSOD Bad_Pool_Caller while

2. BSOD - BAD_POOL_CALLER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - BAD_POOL_CALLER: Hello, I've been experiencing some troubles using my computer. The main problem is: it's crashing every single hour of use with the BSOD (Bug Check String: BAD_POOL_CALLER). I've used BlueScreenView to check more details about the crash. Also, I've followed some procedures,...
  3. BSOD - Bad_Pool_Caller

BSOD - Bad_Pool_Caller: Hello Community :) I am new here, so I don't know if I am exactly right here. Since a couple of weeks I am having issues with getting a bluescreen that says: "BAD_POOL_CALLER" around every 2 days. I have the minidump file + the systeminfo file. Where do I upload it so you...
  4. BSOD while browsering google chrome BAD_POOL_CALLER

BSOD while browsering google chrome BAD_POOL_CALLER: Hello, I recently had one BSOD on a brand new laptop, although I modified (disabled) many functions, apps and services of the Windows 10 I never ran on a problem so far until now. Not long ago I had the first BSOD on this machine. I can provide you the logs and if you can...
  5. Bsod bad_pool_caller

Bsod bad_pool_caller: About every two weeks, I get a BSOD with error BAD_POOL_CALLER when browsing the internet with Firefox. Attached is the DM Log. Attachment 73788Attachment 73788 Thanks for your assistance. Joe LaPointe 46638
  6. BSOD while surfing with chrome of youtube

BSOD while surfing with chrome of youtube: Dear all, Merry Christmas to you! I am geeting very frequent "dcp watchdog violation" BSODs while browsing the web, watching youtube or playing video of any sort. Here are the files for the errors that reliability report of windows 10 :...
  7. Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD While Browsing Google Chrome

Bad_Pool_Caller BSOD While Browsing Google Chrome: Hello all, I've had this laptop for about 3 months now. I was browsing the web today and watching Twitch.tv while I suddenly received a BSOD with the error message "Bad_Pool_Caller" in it. This is the first time I've received a BSOD on this laptop so far, but I have had a...
  8. BSOD while surfing the net randomly netio.sys system exception error

BSOD while surfing the net randomly netio.sys system exception error: Computer is lenovo t420 windows 10 64 bit my computer crashes here is the crash log, not sure if the right one The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80b080ce9f3, 0xffff97806c68cb40, 0x0000000000000000). A...
  9. Bad_pool_caller bsod

Bad_pool_caller bsod: Hello, I have gotten a this BSOD a couple of times, sort of back to back. Both times I was just browsing the web at the time. I should also add that I am currently also having problems updating my Windows as well but I'm not sure if these are connected. 51517
  10. bsod bad_pool_caller

bsod bad_pool_caller: have been having very very frequent bsod with the error bad_pool_caller. i'm not sure what details to add, but lmk. thanks. 32419