Windows 10: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER with compute-intensive use and stress testing

Discus and support BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER with compute-intensive use and stress testing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Got a new Dell XPS 8930 for my photo/video editing hobby. Replaced stock RAM with 32G of Corsair Vengeance (CMK16GX4M2A2666C16) and added a Samsung 970... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alinoyan, Jun 11, 2018.

1. alinoyan Win User

BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER with compute-intensive use and stress testing

Got a new Dell XPS 8930 for my photo/video editing hobby. Replaced stock RAM with 32G of Corsair Vengeance (CMK16GX4M2A2666C16) and added a Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD hosted by a Mailiya M.2 PCIe to PCIe 3.0 x4 adapter card. Then I got to work. When I am in the video editor, the PC restarts with no indication; and when I use the Intel XTU stress test, it gives me BSOD within minutes and *only* when I am stress-testing the CPU. The temps are high during the test (~80C to 90C) but nothing abnormal.

Foolishly, I didn't stress test or use the computer long enough with its factory hardware so I can't definitely say the issue started after I made the mods. I looked around and played with drivers etc, but no joy. Having hard time pinpointing the issue. DM logs are attached as per instructions. I'll be very grateful if someone can point me to the right direction.

Thanks,

:)

alinoyan, Jun 11, 2018

2. BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER?

Hi. I used to BSOD quite often when I first got my PC. However, since I stopped playing intensive games like Black Desert Online, it would only happen very, very rarely. I have recently decided to start playing a game called Black Desert Online again,
    and a few hours into playing, I was reminded that I used to BSOD, as I got a BSOD with message BAD_POOL_HEADER. This was yesterday. Thinking the problem could have been Trend Micro, I since uninstalled that software. However today, I let my computer run the
    game as I stepped out for an hour, came back, and thought that my mouse and keyboard weren't working. It wasn't till later that I realised that my screen was frozen, and that my headset was making a grindy noise. I had to force shut down.

I am happy to upload minidump files ect., however I am unfamiliar with the process, so any step by step process would be appreciated !

DivinePickle, Jun 12, 2018
  3. djonepl Win User
    Nokia N97 Stress test

If your wondering about buying a N97 device look at the stress test. My friends over at N97geeks.com have done.

- scrach resistance scrached the screen with a coin and a key

- they put the device ina ziplock bag with coins and keys.

- scrached the paint and keys with a coin and a key

- dropped the device in milk BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER with compute-intensive use and stress testing :) and washed it off under running water with soap

theres more tests to come.

Nokia N97 Stress test

djonepl, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER with compute-intensive use and stress testing

1. BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER with compute-intensive use and stress testing - Similar Threads - BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER compute

2. BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test: Problems: everything is perfectly normal except for gaming. Every time I launch a "recent" game I got a BSOD. Most of the time the BSOD happens when rendering tasks are starting. So basically I can get to the menu I start the game and just after loading I crash. It happened...
  3. BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test: Problems: everything is perfectly normal except for gaming. Every time I launch a "recent" game I got a BSOD. Most of the time the BSOD happens when rendering tasks are starting. So basically I can get to the menu I start the game and just after loading I crash. It happened...
  4. BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU: My computer crashes and I get the BSOD stating clock watchdog timeout after freezing when doing a stress test on my CPU - ram tests ok. I have checked the PSU - bought a new one and cooling and used different ram as well. All to no avail....
  6. BSOD while stress testing my gpu

BSOD while stress testing my gpu: Not too sure what happened, I monitored temps while the test was running and everything appeared normal but suddenly got bsod during the test. Test had been running for about 30 minutes prior to this error. I will attach a copy of the dmp file below....
  7. Stress Testing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stress Testing: How can this happen to such an important and highly visible update? Was the update not thoroughly tested prior to release? I have a banking IT Audit background and am surprised this was not caught, because I would think this would be obvious during testing. Thanks....
  8. BSOD-Bad_Pool_Header

BSOD-Bad_Pool_Header: I've only just upgraded to Windows 10 and have gotten the BSOD several times during the upgrade. The upgrade did complete, but now the BSOD is random although opening Edge does seem to set it off. Any help would be most appreciated. 31335
  9. BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER during normal use

BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER during normal use: Hey guys ! Already ran memtest and it came out as pass, updated the bios and made sure i had my drivers updated, dont really know whats going on :/ Error file comes up as ntoskrnl.exe Had previous BSOD with nvlddmkm.sys but fixed it already Attachment 115586...
  10. Bsod bad_pool_header

Bsod bad_pool_header: My computer bsod randomly when i'm browsing the internet (once every 6 days or so). I'm thinking it's a driver issue but am unsure which drivers to reinstall. This computer is around 3 months old which i built. 71048

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell XPS 8930 bad pool header