Windows 10: BSOD Bad_System_Config_Info randomly at startup

Discus and support BSOD Bad_System_Config_Info randomly at startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, recently I had some troubles, which was caused by faulty RAM module. I reinstalled the system before I realized that the RAM is bad. I purchased a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pv79, Nov 5, 2016.

1. pv79 Win User

BSOD Bad_System_Config_Info randomly at startup

Hi, recently I had some troubles, which was caused by faulty RAM module. I reinstalled the system before I realized that the RAM is bad. I purchased a different RAM and my computer worked better, but still there were some issues, like Runtime Broker process draining the CPU. I did "in-place upgrade", and since then it seemed to be all right. But after several days this BSOD "Bad_System_Config_Info" at startup begun to appear. After restart the system loads normally and I don't see any problems while working on it. I run sfc /scannow, which doesn't find any corrupted files.
    Before the reinstall I used to have some problems with my TV card Aver Hybrid Speedy. I know that it's quite old piece of hardware. It used to work fine, but after several months in my new PC with Windows 10 the driver was sometimes not loaded properly, or something, because I wasn't able to run TV application and the card was grayed out in the Device Manager. After the reinstall it was OK again, so I thought that the previous problems was also caused by faulty RAM. But today it happened again. I'm not sure if it can be somewhat linked to that BSOD at startup.

:)

pv79, Nov 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Error and Blue Screen During Use

I removed the McAfee program and now when I try to restart the computer the Boot Menu Appears and sometimes a BSoD that says BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. Is there anything I can do?

TomWhitlow, Nov 5, 2016
  3. Snivy1579 Win User
    Windows 10 won't boot (deleted boot partition)

So upon restarting my pc after a fresh windows 10 install, i found out the hard way that deleting all the system partitions was a bad idea. Upon startup, i am endlessly stuck in a Bad_System_Config_Info BSOD. The kicker here is normal methods don't work
    for me. I cannot find anyway to open Cmd to enter commands and any attempt to boot from a flashdrive or Disk for the media creation tool produces the same BSOD error. Even windows repair fails to boot. Any chance someone can explain a way to fix this mess
    (preferably without buying a new hard drive?)

Snivy1579, Nov 5, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi pv79,

My apologies for the delay.

Please upload a kernel dump, located in C:\Windows\Memory.dmp, to a 3rd party uploader (onedrive, google drive, dropbox) and post a share link in your next reply.

axe0, Nov 9, 2016
  5. pv79 Win User
    Hi, thank you for reply. Here is the dump file. I had to pack it to zip, because it was more than 15GB large.
    MEMORY.ZIP

pv79, Nov 9, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
  7. pv79 Win User
    I did the tests on my system drive, which is SSD, so I skipped the SeaTools. Am I supposed to run the tests on my other discs too? Here is the link for results: HDD

8. axe0 New Member

Best is to run the tests on all connected partitions/drives.

9. pv79 Win User
    I finally finished the tests of the other discs. Here are the results: HDD (there is separate folder for each disk).
    I was still unable to run SeaTools DOS, because my motherboard seems not to support IDE/SATA mode. All I can see is just AHCI and RAID mode.

10. axe0 New Member
    In that case run SeaTools in Windows *Smile

11. pv79 Win User
    I performed the "long generic test" at all HDD's, and all discs passed.

12. axe0 New Member
    Has the BSOD occured since chkdsk?

13. pv79 Win User

Yes, there was bsod right now when i started the computer. i even dismounted the suspicious tv card and uninstalled its drivers. it didn't help either.

14. axe0 New Member
    Could you confirm that the BIOS is detecting everything properly? (RAM, CPU, HDD, fans, etc.)
    While doing this, please note the following information and post it in your next reply
    • 3.3v, 5v and 12v values
    • CPU voltage,
    • RAM frequency, voltage and timing
    • PCIe (GPU) frequency

15. pv79 Win User
    For me it seems like everything is detected properly, except for CPU fan, which shows 0RPM, even though I can see it spinning.

1. Voltage:
    3,3V = 3,392V - 3,408V
    5V = 5,080V
    12V = 12,288V

2.CPU voltage:
    CPU Core: 1,152V
    CPU SA Voltage: 1,064V
    CPU IO: 0,960V

3. RAM
    Frequency: 2400MHz
    Voltage: 1,216V
    Command Rate: 2
    tCL: 14
    tRCD: 16
    tRP: 16
    tRAS: 31
    tRFC: 421

4. PCIe Frequency
    I'm not sure where to find it in this BIOS. All I found is "PCI Latency Timer" set to "32 PCI Bus Clocks". And MSI Afterburner shows GPU Core Clock 980MHz.

Thema:

1. BSOD Bad_System_Config_Info randomly at startup - Similar Threads - BSOD Bad_System_Config_Info randomly

2. BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.: Hi, I started up my computer today and i got BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM-CONFIG-INFO. I've tried all the options to troubleshoot and fix the problem, with them all saying I need to free up space on the drive where Windows is installed, but I can't free up space if I can't...
  3. BSOD Loop BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Loop BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: Hello, I came to this platform to ask for help because I am having trouble with my computer. Basically, it's stuck on a BSOD Loop, specifically BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. I have watched YouTube videos, looked at other threads, and scoured a large amount of websites to find a...
  4. BSOD Loop BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD Loop BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: Hello, I came to this platform to ask for help because I am having trouble with my computer. Basically, it's stuck on a BSOD Loop, specifically BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. I have watched YouTube videos, looked at other threads, and scoured a large amount of websites to find a...
  5. Bad_system_config_info BSOD loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad_system_config_info BSOD loop: My laptop keek crashing in a loop and i can't acsses to disktop at all or to sfe mode. I've tried every troubleshooting option but it didn't work until now I also tried to delete registery key when i saw someone here say that kind of problem caused by the registery fils...
  6. BSOD came back up with with "Bad_System_Config_Info"

BSOD came back up with with "Bad_System_Config_Info": Today I was messing with my computer (windows 10) trying to get my pc to use all 4 Processors and all 8 gigs of ram and when I went to go restart my pc it came back up with with "Bad_System_Config_Info" .(I did it because since i did a windows update a few months ago it has...
  7. Windows 10 "bad_system_config_info" BSOD

Windows 10 "bad_system_config_info" BSOD: Hey guys! Very helpful forum, been reading a lot. tl;dr - My Hard drive letters changed over the course of the night and now my computer can't boot the OS properly. So let me start by saying i had issues with Windows 10 since day 1, i made a previous post detailing this...
  8. BSOD Random Startups

BSOD Random Startups: Sometimes I get the BSOD saying irql not less or equal. Sometimes I can restart it and it will boot normal. Sometimes it takes 20 times of restarting to finally go through. Not sure why it is happening but its not all the time and might go a month or two without it happening....
  9. BSOD on random startups

BSOD on random startups: I get the driver_overran_stack_buffer on random bootups of the machine. Maybe 1 in every 3 or 4 boots. Hopefully someone can help me figure it out! 52522
  10. Random BSOD on StartUp

Random BSOD on StartUp: Hi there! On the 22nd and 24th of October when I have started up the PC, a BSOD has popped up just as it is trying to load windows. The BSOD info that I received were: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (nvlddmkm.sys). I downloaded and installed WhoCrashed and started an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO raid