Windows 10: BSOD because of HFS+ (INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE)

Discus and support BSOD because of HFS+ (INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I forgot to uninstall the Paragon HFS drivers... now can't access my computer. So I reverted to 10586, but it still pops up. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TTSVids105, Aug 4, 2016.

1. BSOD because of HFS+ (INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE)

I forgot to uninstall the Paragon HFS drivers... now can't access my computer. So I reverted to 10586, but it still pops up. How do I fix this?

Sure, my HDD is still accessable through cmd, but I can't access Windows. After automatic reboot, I can't even access recovery options! "Your PC couldn't start properly" and error code 0xc0000001. So I broke my Windows due to HFS drivers. Need help ASAP, important data inside the HDD. Which drivers do I need to install?

EDIT: look at my system specs so that you know what drivers to install.

EDIT 2: Oh wait! I almost forgot to tell you that my Windows 10 1607 installation USB does not detect my hard drive on setup.

EDIT 3: I am itching a Reset to restore functionality, but I want to keep my apps and data, along with my settings. Normally I can do a repair install but I can't reach the desktop.

EDIT 4: So here's the full story. I was restarting to install an update for 1607, but I wasn't looking in Settings to uninstall the HFS+ drivers. Restarted and this started happening.

:)

TTSVids105, Aug 4, 2016
  2. xGood7 Win User

Can't upgrade Windows 10 to build 1511 or 1705

I have a Dell Latitude 3350.

The link you sent said that the Latitude 3350 was compatible for upgrading to Win10 Creators Update.

When downloaded through Windows Update, the install fails when rebooting for the second time. It gave me the error INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE on the BSOD.

Through Media Creation Tool, the install fails at the same point, but instead of giving me a BSOD, it immediately went back to the previous version of Windows.

xGood7, Aug 4, 2016
  3. daviangel Win User
    Paragon Driver for Windows

Well don't try to use the Seagate version with the latest Win10 release because I just did and wasted quite a bit of time trying to figure out why my PC wasn't booting anymore and getting inaccessible boot device error.

Anyways, seems the driver it installs really fubars Win 10 that it can't even fix itself or recover from error.

Only way to fix is if you made a restore point before installation as described

here

daviangel, Aug 4, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD because of HFS+ (INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE)

Hi TTSVids105,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

This paragon driver should be active only in normal mode, can you boot into safe mode?
    After 3 unsuccesful boot attempts your system should go into the recovery options, from there you could try to go into safe mode.

axe0, Aug 4, 2016
  5. I can't access safe mode at all. Every boot option has the same error (inaccessable boot device). However I CAN access a GUI through Ubuntu. How do I completely uninstall drivers through cmd?

Oh, and one query: How do you do a clean boot through cmd without accessing any GUI?

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention that the driver is loaded in safe mode. Maybe one can try a seperate VM on 1607, install Paragon HFS+ version 10.5 and only 10.5, restart and ta-da! BSOD.

I can't even use BlueScreenView or WhoCrashed because I can't access any GUI at all. I can't even launch msconfig. Taskmgr closes on startup.

And when I start from my W10 10586 USB, there's no disk drives detected. Reset

So this is the last time I'm touching Paragon at all.

TTSVids105, Aug 5, 2016
  6. Oh, and when I am writing this, I'm resetting my PC while keeping my files. Will update when something happens.

TTSVids105, Aug 5, 2016
  7. daviangel Win User
    Yup just wasted a couple of hours reinstalling Win 10 thanks to this buggy driver!
    Also thought it was my SSD causing problem but 2nd time I installed Win 10 noticed got inacessible device error right after installing this Seagate 9.1 hfs+ driver, which they claim is compatible with Win 10, lies!

Confirmed by installing it on 2nd Win 10 machine and got same error. Luckily I made a restore point before installing this software 2nd time so was able to just revert to restore point right before and everything went back to working! But yeah if I had 4TB of free space to copy all the stuff on the mac drive I got hooked up to my PC I would've already reformated NTFS because I complained about their software not being compatible like over a year ago and they kept claiming it worked fine. Sure then why they got this warning hidden in the fineprint on their website for this software even the latest version 10. "Due to specifics of Windows 10 and Windows 8 Fast Startup option we recommend to disable it before installing the driver to avoid possible filesystem corruption. Instructions on disabling can be found in Microsoft Knowledge Base."*Mad

This link guy says you need HFS+ 10.5 version to work with Win 10.

daviangel, Aug 5, 2016
  8. BSOD because of HFS+ (INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE)

I'm now using HFSExplorer to manage HFS drives instead of Paragon's buggy drivers that doesn't work with every major update. Even though the intergration with File Explorer with the drivers is useful, it just crashes a lot!

TTSVids105, Aug 6, 2016
  9. So I'm not trusting HFS+ drivers that crash my computer. This had happened before, but I had created a restore point and used it.

TTSVids105, Aug 6, 2016
  10. For my case, this BSOD is solved using a reset! It took so long (and I had to go to my windows.old folder to move everything back as well). I then installed the Anniversary Update and I'm all good!

TTSVids105, Aug 6, 2016
  11. Zman2208 Win User
    Having the exact same problem here, bsod after installing paragon hfs4win driver. Wont boot into any mode, including safe mode. Only have the troubleshoot menu and the command prompt. Unfortunately i cant restore my system either. i get an error about 15 minutes after i start that process saying the reset cannot complete.

I have tried restoring using an old reset point, resetting with keeping files, and doing a complete reset, all With same error.

I located the hfs4win.exe file in the command prompt at c:windows/prefetch, but cant figure out how to uninstall it from there. Any ideas on what i can try next?

Apologies for not having system specs available, cant produce a zip file at the moment.

Zman2208, Sep 8, 2017
  12. Zman2208 Win User
    Wish i had read this prior to install, poop.

Zman2208, Sep 8, 2017
  13. Zman2208 Win User

Thanks to berton on some alternate storage ideas, cant send a pm back b cause im new, still no solution insight.

Zman2208, Sep 8, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD because of HFS+ (INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE) - Similar Threads - BSOD HFS+ INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE

2. BSOD because of bugcheck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD because of bugcheck: so my laptop keeps getting BSOD while playing Black Desert Online, I have tried instructions from the internet and still not getting anything.I have uninstalled and reinstalled my Nvidia drivers, I have used sfc scannow and check drivers health that shows no problem.I don't...
  3. BSOD because of bugcheck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD because of bugcheck: so my laptop keeps getting BSOD while playing Black Desert Online, I have tried instructions from the internet and still not getting anything.I have uninstalled and reinstalled my Nvidia drivers, I have used sfc scannow and check drivers health that shows no problem.I don't...
  4. BSOD because of valorant

BSOD because of valorant: page fault in nonpaged area vgk.sysit only happens some time while opening the pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-because-of-valorant/ed54d0b2-bad1-46fc-84bd-7b142b171d8d
  5. BSOD because of valorant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD because of valorant: page fault in nonpaged area vgk.sysit only happens some time while opening the pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-because-of-valorant/ed54d0b2-bad1-46fc-84bd-7b142b171d8d
  6. Volume won't mount unless HFS+ is running but it's NOT HFS+

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume won't mount unless HFS+ is running but it's NOT HFS+: This is a weird issue I can't seem to resolve. Here we go: I have a PC running Win10. Attached is a 4-bay USB3 enclosure with all bays occupied. When I power up the enclosure, only three of the four drives actually mount. The only way I've been able to get that fourth drive...
  7. BSOD because of envirtahci.sys

BSOD because of envirtahci.sys: .dmp file http://www.mediafire.com/file/jjbnsd3yame8n7o/103120-15453-01.rar/file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-because-of-envirtahcisys/8545484d-4dc7-41a0-a0db-e82cdafab85c
  8. Bsod after hfs+ paragon driver install, "inaccessible boot device"

Bsod after hfs+ paragon driver install, "inaccessible boot device": Bsod after installing paragon hfs4win driver. Wont boot into any mode, including safe mode. Only have the troubleshoot menu and the command prompt. Unfortunately i cant restore my system either. i get an error about 15 minutes after i start that process saying the...
  9. HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted?

HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted?: I was using an HFS+ 3TB Buffalo hard drive on my iMac and plugged it into my laptop running Windows 10 Tech Preview. It didn't show up in Explorer but I think I may have formatted it in Disk Utility. Somewhere along the way, a dialog popped up that mentioned a choice between...
  10. How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC

How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC: I have plugged an HFS-formatted drive into my pc. With HFS Explorer I can access the data on the Mac-formatted drive, but I cannot find a way to eject the HFS-formatted drive since it does not show up at all in "This PC." How can I eject this drive properly? Possibly via...