Windows 10: BSOD brand new T480s - MSDN bugcheck WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Discus and support BSOD brand new T480s - MSDN bugcheck WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This computer came three days ago and BSOD'd on the first day after letting it update completely then installing some pretty vanilla software. I did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dev0id, May 26, 2018.

1. dev0id Win User

BSOD brand new T480s - MSDN bugcheck WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

This computer came three days ago and BSOD'd on the first day after letting it update completely then installing some pretty vanilla software. I did a Windows reset and am still getting BSODs at seemingly random times.

Computer name: KILLERT480S
    Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 16299
    Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
    Hardware: 20L7002AUS, LENOVO
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz Intel586, level: 6
    8 logical processors, active mask: 255
    RAM: 8436899840 bytes total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Crash Dump Analysis
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Fri 2018-05-25 7:10:37 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052518-9468-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x3BEFF)
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF9809C8041028, 0xBE000000, 0x800400)
    Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 2018-05-25 7:10:37 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0xCF)
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF9809C8041028, 0xBE000000, 0x800400)
    Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

:)

dev0id, May 26, 2018

2. BSOD driver corrupted expool bugcheck 0xc5

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me ask you;

• Are these computers connected to domain?
    As of now, I would request you to refer to suggestions provided in the MSDN and thread links below and check the status.

BSOD - Driver_Corrupted_Expool (Windows 10)

DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL BSOD after Win10 upgrade

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, May 27, 2018
  3. th3imsch Win User
    [HELP] Keep Getting a "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" BSOD at Random Times

I get a BSOD usually every day that says "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" and even sometimes "System Thread Exception Not Handled". I have tried updating my GPU drivers and that hasn't worked as suggested by the community.

Here are the .dmp files if somebody could lead me in the right direction based off the specific dump:

http://1drv.ms/1DPfgXC

Thanks,

th3imsch, May 27, 2018
Thema:

BSOD brand new T480s - MSDN bugcheck WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

1. BSOD brand new T480s - MSDN bugcheck WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Similar Threads - BSOD brand T480s

2. Bsod on brand new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod on brand new build: Hi there Everybody i am experiencing alot of BSOD recently on my new build and i have basically read every single post on the internet and done everything there is to do without paying for some progam. My problem is i keep getting either "irql_not_less_or_equal" "Apc index...
  3. BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error on new CPU.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error on new CPU.: Hi, I recently switched my PC Motherboard, CPU, and RAM to a gigabyte X570UD mb, a Ryzen 5800x, and Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz DDR4 ram 16gb. At first I only Blue Screened while playing FFXIV but I recently got it for the first time in another game as well. I have the latest...
  4. BSOD Brand new pc.

BSOD Brand new pc.: Hi everyone. So i built a new pc with the following parts: Ryzen 3 2200g Patriot Viper 4 3000mhz 8gb Gigabyte b450m s2h Corsair cx450m An i have been having problems from the very start. I had blue screen errors a lot at the begging but they suddenly stopped. Well they...
  5. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC: I upgraded my PC (board, RAM, CPU), and since the new board has no firewire connection, I purchased a separate card. Hardware seems to be fine regarding device manager. However, as soon as I try to select ASIO driver type in my sequencer (reaper), I get that BSOD. Audio...
  6. New PC: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD

New PC: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD: Hello there, I have built a new computer a few days ago and I get the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in random intervals. I am attaching the dump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar_PdoxExqOkrC6o6cm1WPBcfXDs?e=fvA7HZ My PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (Stock Wraith Stealth cooler) GPU:...
  7. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC: Hello everyone, I'm having great trouble to reinstall my whole configuration... I just bought a new computer based on an Asus Prime X470-Pro (BIOS up to date), with a Ryzen 2700X and Windows 10 x64 freshly reinstalled. I'm a musician and I have an old "Motu Ultralite"...
  8. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC: Hello everyone, I'm having great trouble to reinstall my whole configuration... I just bought a new computer based on an Asus Prime X470-Pro (BIOS up to date), with a Ryzen 2700X and Windows 10 x64 freshly reinstalled. I'm a musician and I have an old "Motu Ultralite"...
  9. BSOD in a Brand New Desktop

BSOD in a Brand New Desktop: HI I have been having BSOD on my Dell All in One since the the beginning. I am still in the warranty but before I contact Dell, I want a Microsoft technician to have a look on the Minidump file analysis. I have updated all drivers and reinstalled Windows couple of times...
  10. BSOD on brand-new laptop

BSOD on brand-new laptop: Hi all, I have recently bought new laptop (Dell Vostro 5468). I did clean install of Windows 10 and installed additional harddrive. Today I have experienced a BSOD. I had many programs running when a blue screen appeared. I had a look at logs and what is bugging me is this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. watchdog bluescreen error t480s

2. hal 0x3beff

3. whea uncorrectable error lenovo t480s