Windows 10: BSOD browsing, waking from sleep. CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION

Discus and support BSOD browsing, waking from sleep. CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had multiple BSOD's for about a year now. And they alawys comes and goes. One time i had Bsod nearly every day. And suddenly the BSOD's stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by slowcorals, Jun 13, 2017.

1. BSOD browsing, waking from sleep. CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION

I've had multiple BSOD's for about a year now. And they alawys comes and goes. One time i had Bsod nearly every day. And suddenly the BSOD's stopped happening. Now they have started again.
    One thing i have noticied is that the BSOD's often happen after waking from hibernation. But it also occurs when just browsing the web.
    I got black screens during gaming sessions before but the weird thing was that the computer was still on and I could still hear the sound from the game. I suspect that problem had to do with the GPU because the problem went away with a grapichs driver update.

I ran memtest86 several times with no errors found. The system isn't overclocked either.
    As for drivers i have uptdated to the most recent ones for my motherboard and gpu. And i use DDU everytime i install a new gpu driver. The bios is also the newest version.

Here are my specs:
    cpu: i5-4690k
    mobo: gigabyte z97p-d3
    gpu: Sapphire radeon nitro r9 380
    I don't really have much more information besides my computer specs and minidumps.
    I also wanna thank you for being so kind and helping people with their problems*Smile

:)

slowcorals, Jun 13, 2017

2. Blue Screen die (BSOD), Windows 10 Professional Laptop Machine

I can confirm that this problem would occur every time I wake the computer up from sleep mode.

After a few seconds waking up from sleep mode, the computer will freeze and then BSOD occurs

Very annoying.

SuperBoyChoy, Jun 13, 2017
  3. CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSOD error message on Windows 10.

Original title: BSOD CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION on Windows 10?

Hello. Recently, I've met many BSOD with message: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. I don't know which caused it. Here is the dump file:
    http://1drv.ms/1NjuKAV

Vinh Quang Tran, Jun 13, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

BSOD browsing, waking from sleep. CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION

Hi slowcorals,

Code: BugCheck 109, {a3a00ddc8c7c2b7b, b3b71a62defc0cc2, fffff8021f602000, 23} Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff802d63327c0, ffffbc0089c9e3a8, ffffbc0089c9dbe0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff801cc6227c0, ffff800140cd13a8, ffff800140cd0be0} Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VIDMM_PAGE_TABLE_BASE::IsResident+0 )[/quote] The debugging of the minidump files is indicating memory problems
    The ram needs to be checked again.
    Please use the software Memtest86+ version 5.01 and make 8 runs or more. This will take hours and is best done overnight. Sometimes runs in the teens are necessary. Please post an image of the test when the results have completed at least 8 runs.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

The logs are in a foreign language. I cannot read them. If you can update the logs to English we will be able to read them and provide more feedback.

zbook, Jun 14, 2017
  5. Thanks for the fast response.
    Sorry about the language. I have now recreated the logs in english. There are still some text left in swedish that I could not change, so if you wonder about a word you can paste it here and i will translate it.
    I also ran memtest86 for 12 passes and found no errors.

slowcorals, Jun 15, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    Code: The Network Diagnostics Framework failed to execute the following repair: Repair option: Återställa det trådlösa nätverkskortet Detta inaktiverar nätverkskortet Wi-Fi på datorn, och aktiverar sedan kortet igen. RepairGuid: {07D37F7B-FA5E-4443-BDA7-AB107B29AFB9}[/quote] Code: The nsi service depends on the nsiproxy service which failed to start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.[/quote] Code: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{705e1a5c-406a-11e7-b2c6-fcaa14e6b043}#0000000000100000.[/quote] Code: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE1\04c299a52249339c.[/quote] Code: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 during a paging operation.[/quote] Hi slowcorals,
    The one above that follows repair options: please translate.

For the waking from hibernation or boot/shutdown problems: Please evaluate any change in performance using
    1) clean boot
    2) turning off Windows fast startup

For each assess the boot and shutdown times, any hangs while playing DAOrigins etc.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows
    How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

zbook, Jun 15, 2017
  7. Hi again. Sorry for late response. I have now used my computer for more than two weeks. I have regularly switched between clean boot and normal boot. I haven't encountered a single bsod in either mode for the past two weeks. But it has crashed many times when I start the computer. The computer crashes before windows starts so i don't recieve any logs to check. I already had windows fast startup disabled.

Here is the translation for the first code
    Code: The Network Diagnostics Framework failed to execute the following repair: Repair option: Restore the wireless network This inactivates the network cards Wi Fi on the computer, and then activates the card again. RepairGuid: {07D37F7B-FA5E-4443-BDA7-AB107B29AFB9}[/quote]

slowcorals, Jun 29, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

zbook, Jun 29, 2017
  9. the log file should be in english now.

slowcorals, Jun 29, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    Please describe what you mean by "crash"
    hang, freeze, black screen, automatic reboot, etc.

Two applications are frequently faulting.
    Uninstall and reinstall:
    Dragaon Age
    Fences

zbook, Jun 29, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    Code: ffff8001`40cd03a8 fffff801`ce757744Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0312242.inf_amd64_dba99477e2b8819f\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys atikmdag+0xd7744[/quote] atikmdag.sys ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver) AMD Support and Radeon Software Driver Download
    Get from OEM for laptops
    1) uninstall: AMD Radeon
    a) create a restore point
    b) download the new driver from Download Drivers to the desktop
    c) download and install: Display driver uninstaller (DDU) Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download
    c) Open AMD install manager
    d) Check package to uninstall everything
    e) Reboot into safe mode
    f) In safe mode use Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.6.7: Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download
    g) Reboot
    h) Turn off antivirus
    i) install the driver from the desktop

See this link for text and images: Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers | Community

zbook, Jun 29, 2017
  12. Sorry for being unclear. It can be many different problems when booting the computer. Sometimes the pc hangs while the bios screen is showing (pc gets stuck when the label for the motherboard brand is showing). Sometimes it powers up and immediately shuts down when booting and sometimes the screen stays black until I restart it. The most common thing to happen is a black sreen. When I get a black screen the pc is still on and the fans is still spinning. When I get a black screen when playing a game I can still hear the sound. Although it was a while ago I got black screens during gaming.

A really weird thing happend just before I was going to reply to you in this thread. i booted up my computer and during the login screen this message appeared:

It can be hard to see but the error is caused by AMD. When i clicked ok and signed in. None of my start up programs appaeared in task center (or whatever it is called). AMD settings or realtek audio mananger didn't start for example. When i restarted the pc everything was normal again.

I have been using DDU to insall my drivers ever since i got my pc. So I don't think using DDU will fix the issue. But I did it anyways just to be sure.

slowcorals, Jun 30, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.
    Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.

The bios in your computer: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F8, 18/09/2015
    Please check to see if this is the most up to date version.
    To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.
    Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.

So please make sure your files are backed up.

Please make a backup image with Macrium: Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free: Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    And please create a restore point.How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

Windows driver verifier is a tool that is used to find misbehaving drivers.

It will repetitively produce bsod until it is turned off or until all misbehaving drivers are fixed.

In the left lower corner search type verifier. A pop up will appear to make customized settings for the tests and for the drivers.

This link has the customized settings: Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver. - Microsoft Community

In order to use windows driver verifier you must know how to navigate through the windows recovery or advanced troubleshooting menu.

To practice navigating though this menu open administrative command prompt and copy and paste:
    shutdown /r /o /f /t 00

To turn off windows driver verifier you will navigate to startup options (not startup repair). In startup options it will restart and you will select #6 safe mode with command prompt. You will then type verifier /reset to turn off windows driver verifer. In case safe mode with command prompt verifier /reset does not turn off windows driver navigate in the windows advanced trouble shooting menu to command prompt.This is where you will see X:\windows \system32\cmd.exe
    Enter the command: verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail to turn off windows driver verifier.
    In case safe these two methods do not turn off windows driver verifier you can use the restore point that was recently created. Using this method though is likely to lose the minidmp file so it is the backup option.

Once windows driver verifier is turned off you will reboot to the desk top and use software to analyze the minidump files produced by windows driver verifier.

Download and install Bluescreenview and Whocrashed. They may each provide additional information in processing the minidmp files.

Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.
    Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer

When windows driver verifier produces a bsod the window will display a stop code. The stop code is typically driver verifier detected violation. Sometimes it will display the misbehaving driver in the form *.sys. If you see this you will record it. Each time you have a bsod you will want time to view the windows.

To modify the settings so that you have time to view the bsod window: Keyboard: win + r keys simultaneously > type or copy and paste: sysdm.cpl > click advanced tab > under startup and recover click settings > under system failure un-check automatically restart.

BSOD Finding and fixing them - Microsoft Community

Whenever a bsod occurs and your return to the desktop you will use bluescreenview and whocrashed to analyze the minidump. Then you will uninstall the misbehaving driver or application. The process will continue until you no longer have any bsod. You can reinstall drivers either immediately after they are removed or after all misbehaving drivers have been uninstalled. This is personal preference. The end result should be the same. Once there are no more bsod you will run windows driver verifier for 36 hours of typical computer use. If there are no longer any bsod the troubleshooting will be completed and preventative maintenance will have been performed.

When you have bsod please update or post a new zip file:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    We will process the windows driver verifier produced bsod minidmp files and guide you through the process.

Once you are comfortable navigating through the windows advanced troubleshooting menu, have created a new restore point, have backed up your files, and have made an image using Macrium you can start windows driver verifer.

zbook, Jun 30, 2017
  14. Okay, I have now followed your advice and this it what I got. I have no overclocking enabled.

Firstly . This is what i got from the command promt when running the commands:

Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413)

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>winver

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scan
    The type of the file system is NTFS.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 399872 file records processed.File verification completed. 7725 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.
    Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 487948 index entries processed.Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 44039 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 36136288 USN bytes processed.Usn Journal verification completed.
    Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.
    233916415 KB total disk space. 145159200 KB in 203205 files. 127740 KB in 44040 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 514271 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 88115204 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 58479103 total allocation units on disk. 22028801 allocation units available on disk.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

As you can see windows found no problems by running the commands.

I found a new beta bios for my motherboard called f9b that promised would fix memory compability. I installed that version. I also did a reset on my bios.

After backing up my files by your instructions i ran driver verifier. I tested 3 times and got a bsod every time before it got a chance to boot into the login screen. The first bsod i got indicated that the realtek LAN driver was the problem so I disabled that driver and disabled LAN from my bios setting. The second time the bsod indicated that virtual bus driver was the problem which is my gaming controller driver. So i also disabled that driver. But the dump also said that it was a memory corruption caused by ntoskrnl.exe. The third time it was caused by ntoskrn and 1KBFLTR.sys. And this time I am at a loss. I can't find any information about 1KBFLTR.sys and ntoskrn is caused by a windows process so I need some help.

I have attached my minidumps below. unfortunately the first dump that was caused by Ethernet driver disappeared after using a restore point. The ones that was modified 2017-07-03 is the most recent ones.

slowcorals, Jul 2, 2017
  15. philc43 Win User
    The driver is actually I1KBFLTR.SYS but I am not sure what it is either; it could be left over from an earlier OS if you upgraded to W10 rather than a clean install.

philc43, Jul 2, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD browsing, waking from sleep. CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION - Similar Threads - BSOD browsing waking

2. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  3. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  4. BSOD on wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD on wake from sleep: I've had this problem with my PC and haven't been able to figure it out yet. It happens when my 1st Gen Scarlett 2i2 audio interface is plugged in while asleep. When I wake my computer from sleep with the audio interface plugged in my computer crashes with a bsod of death....
  5. BSOD after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after wake from sleep: Every once in a while when my computer wakes from sleep it experiences a BSOD and restarts. This doesn't happen every time, but it's been happening for a few months now so it's quite annoying. I've installed all the latest windows 10 updates and video card driver, but it...
  6. Multple BSODs on WAKE from SLEEP

Multple BSODs on WAKE from SLEEP: Hello, I have had random recurring BSODs for the past year and a half with a new build. It started with Windows 8.1 and has continued with Windows 10. The BSOD's always occur on wake from sleep, but not every time. The problem occurs with or without the video card. I have...
  7. BSOD on wake up from sleep

BSOD on wake up from sleep: After a recent update, On wake up I am told that "attempted to write to read only memory" I have looked at the debug file and it says that a driver is at fault. How do I identify it and how do I replace it and from where? 87589
  8. BSOD on waking laptop from sleep

BSOD on waking laptop from sleep: Attached is the file from DM collector. My laptop occasionally BSOD when I wake it from sleep. Hopefully someone has any ideas as to why. Thanks in advance *Smile Attachment 115619 73833
  9. BSOD When Waking from Sleep

BSOD When Waking from Sleep: Just built a new computer. All of the drives and the Windows installation is the same as in the old system. I don't know if the issue would have occurred in the old system as I never tried to put my computer to sleep. I was getting one BSOD when waking from sleep (something...
  10. BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep

BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep: Hi, Recently, whenever I wake my laptop up from sleep (from closing the lid and then opening it again), sometimes I get a BSOD. I think it started when I updated the Intel graphics driver, so I've booted into safe mode, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and I...