Windows 10: BSOD - Came back after 4 to 6 months of not happening

Discus and support BSOD - Came back after 4 to 6 months of not happening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning to all, I was receiving the BSOD about 6 months ago at random times. After opting out of the Windows 10 Insiders Build program and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hctedfor, May 18, 2016.

1. hctedfor Win User

BSOD - Came back after 4 to 6 months of not happening

Good morning to all,

I was receiving the BSOD about 6 months ago at random times. After opting out of the Windows 10 Insiders Build program and successfully updating my operating system it went away until a few days ago. It is now happening more frequently then before. The only changes I have made are installing AVG Antivirus and running its "Fix Now -Tune up" feature. I attached a screenshot of its features (not all of which were performed: eg. didn't defrag solid state drive etc.) in addition to the debug report just in case it helps!

Thank you all!

:)

hctedfor, May 18, 2016

2. Windows 10 BSOD

Well i didn't have any problems for the first 4/6 months, they only started after that and the BSODs have given me a range of messages from irql not greater or equal to kmode exception not handled (there are many more).

Muhammad FahadBabar, May 18, 2016
  3. CJLim Win User
    Nokia 5800 Screen Problems After Firmware Update V51.2.007 RM-428

No, you are confused. Let me explain.

Say if the phone came out of the box with V1.0 and after 6 months you updated the firmware to V2.0 and then use the phone for another 6 months. If you then reset the phone, it returns back to the out of the box state for V2.0.

CJLim, May 18, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Two different firewall programs are applied there.

Zone Alarm Firewall is coming as the prima facie cause of the BSOD.
    Code: BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8014b79dfb8, ffffd0004f1d9af8, ffffd0004f1d9310} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vsdatant.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vsdatant.sys Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!StreamInvokeCalloutAndNormalizeAction+60 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] The AVG Firewall is also being flagged:
    Code: ffffd000`7ea05bb8 fffff801`98a48e1eUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgwfpa.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgwfpa.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgwfpa.sys avgwfpa+0x8e1e[/quote] Intel Wireless driver is also flagged ....
    Code: ffffd000`7ea05018 fffff801`9a89d580Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\Netwbw02.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Netwbw02.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Netwbw02.sys Netwbw02+0x18d580[/quote] Moreover, the windows installation is an older version of windows 10. It is not updated over last 8 months at least.
    Code: Windows 10 Kernel Version 10240 MP (8 procs) Free x64[/quote] Version 10586 released in last November. All the PCs have got it via windows update. Why dont you?

Finally, you installed AVG PC TuneUp .... which is enough bad to screw an windows installation up beyond repair.

To recover all the issues in a single go, perform a clean installation of windows using the latest ISO image.

5. hctedfor Win User
    Much appreciated for the incredibly quick reply Arc!

I have absolutely no idea why it hasn't updated in 8 months, I deleted AVG and zone alarm. I'll start fresh using your link tonight, if I can get through the work day as is and reply with an update at that time.

I am incredibly grateful for your time and input!

hctedfor, May 18, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    If you face any issue/question relating to the clean installation process, let us know.
    Also, inform us if there is any further issue after the clean install.

7. hctedfor Win User
    Arc,

I have done everything except disable fast start which I cannot find in my UEFI settings. Secure boot was easy to find but my guess is that fast boot has some proprietary name on my machine: Dell XPS15 9530. I have an option to disable "Intel rapid start" or "Intel speedstep"

hctedfor, May 26, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

Thema:

1. BSOD - Came back after 4 to 6 months of not happening - Similar Threads - BSOD Came months

2. BSOD CAME BACK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD CAME BACK: Hi BSODS back so I dont know what to do, last night I remove Nvidia HD Audio because its causing bsod to my laptop and now its back, I used DDU multiple times tried different versions of GPU Drivers and still cant play. Mainly valorant and Genshin but i think 1650 ti works...
  3. BSOD CAME BACK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD CAME BACK: Hi BSODS back so I dont know what to do, last night I remove Nvidia HD Audio because its causing bsod to my laptop and now its back, I used DDU multiple times tried different versions of GPU Drivers and still cant play. Mainly valorant and Genshin but i think 1650 ti works...
  4. BSOD frequently happening for the past 6-7 months, no solution found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD frequently happening for the past 6-7 months, no solution found: I firstly bought my PC as a prebuild in 2016 and after it had become too outdated a couple years ago, I started changing parts so I could run more demanding games. I have changed every part of my PC besides the storages. Last summer I changed the motherboard and RAM which are...
  5. BSOD frequently happening for the past 6-7 months, no solution found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD frequently happening for the past 6-7 months, no solution found: I firstly bought my PC as a prebuild in 2016 and after it had become too outdated a couple years ago, I started changing parts so I could run more demanding games. I have changed every part of my PC besides the storages. Last summer I changed the motherboard and RAM which are...
  6. Frequent BSOD'S for the past 4 months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD'S for the past 4 months: Windows 10 OS BUILD 19041.572 The bsod's have begun around 4 months ago and i have been reccuring almost daily.I have reinstalled windows 4 times so far with no avail.I have done stress tests on cpu,hdd and ram memory so far with no leads besides the laptop freezing during...
  7. Battery Report drain of 4/68 = 6% after only 9 months

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery Report drain of 4/68 = 6% after only 9 months: [ATTACH] Bought my Zenbook Pro last August. After only 9 months I see a substantial drain - what is wrong? I use the MyAsus App to keep a maximum battery ceiling of 60%. I mostly work from home and keep my laptop almost all the time plugged in. What am I doing wrong here...
  8. BSOD during gaming for 6 months

BSOD during gaming for 6 months: Hi all, this is my last resort. I have been dealing with this problem for 6 months now. Running latest Nvidia drivers and windows updates always On every other game not all of them I get bluescreens. Mostly referring to ntoskrnl, today i caught one for direct x. The...
  9. progressively worse bsods after working fine for 6 months.

progressively worse bsods after working fine for 6 months.: hi, i built my pc about 10 months ago and it was fine from the beginning. then one day it crashed in game. then after a few weeks it started crashing on the desktop or chrome. sounds like a hardware issue to me but it seems to be perfectly fine if i turn off all non microsoft...
  10. Daily BSOD for 6 months

Daily BSOD for 6 months: Hi. Looking to pin point whether it's a driver issue or hardware. So far, I've done the basic memory diagnostic tool for both RAM pieces seperately and they've come fine. I will do an overnight one tonight unless told otherwise if someone checks my dump files before I go to...