Windows 10: BSOD Caused by hal.dll, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support BSOD Caused by hal.dll, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everyone, So, I have recently purchased a Custom built gaming PC locally and everything has been fine, except for the consistent BSODs. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jcplays, Oct 14, 2017.

1. jcplays Win User

BSOD Caused by hal.dll, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hey everyone,

So, I have recently purchased a Custom built gaming PC locally and everything has been fine, except for the consistent BSODs. I've fixed some of the major ones that I have always encountered; (Bad Object Header, Faulty Hardware Page, Kernel Security Check Failure), but now, no matter what I do, I almost always encounter this IRQL Not Less Or Equal BSOD, typically when attempting to play games, or while trying to Livestream said games.

Using WhoCrashed, I found that apparently, hal,dll, and ntoskrnl.exe are the typical culprits.

Things I've done include, "sfc/scannow", extensive memtests, and "chkdsk", and all of them came back with no issues.

Recently, I used Driver Booster and found 8 or 9 very outdated drivers, including my GPU driver, so I went ahead and updated all of them. Everything seemed fine for a few hours. Played some games for a few hours with no issues.

Today, I was attempting to LiveStream, and almost immediately after launching the game, I received another IRQL BSOD. I'm at wits end, with no real solutions. The person I bought the PC from says he wants to replace the RAM and HDD, but I don't feel like those are the issues at all.

Please, I am all out of ideas and I would really like to use my Custom Gaming PC for it's intended purpose.

Attached is the Win10Forums zip file from the tool.

:)

jcplays, Oct 14, 2017
  2. JonSea83 Win User

I've been having BSOD errors with my Lenovo Yoga 2 13 over the past few weeks, BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

* Original Title: BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I've been having BSOD errors with my Lenovo Yoga 2 13 over the past few weeks with some freezing happening the other day (unresponsive to mouse and keyboard, hard shutdown required). Most of the BSODs have displayed a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error with the
    bugcheck code 0x0000000a. Just trying to get some ideas here on whether it may be a faulty driver or hardware. I did a complete reset and fresh install of Windows 10 yesterday and it had been working fine until today when the same BSOD came up. After the reset,
    I updated the following drivers: Intel HD Graphics version 20.19.15.4331, Lenovo ACPI-Compliant Virtual Power Controller version 13.52.34.549, BIOS build 96CN31WW(V1.17)

System Specs:

Lenovo Yoga 2 13"

Windows 10 Home

OS build 10586.218

Intel Core i5 4210U CPU

8 GB RAM

Here is the most recent BSOD dump file (Created from BlueScreenView)

Bug check string: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BCC: 0x0000000a

Parameter 1: 00000000`00000008

Parameter 2: 00000000`00000002

Parameter 3: 00000000`00000000

Parameter 4: fffff803`2e9e9675

Caused by driver: hal.dll

Caused by address: hal.dll+1b675

Crash address: ntoskrnl.exe+142760

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

JonSea83, Oct 14, 2017
  3. BSOD Win 10 KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

I suddenly got this BSOD for the first time on my brand new Asus notebook. What could the problem be?

Here: Error you can find driver info, speccy info, minidump, etc.

Please help.

Kind regards

p.s. I now figured out it only happens when I open Photoshop.

edit: When I hold shift while opening, the KERNEL BSOD doesnt appear...however after a few seconds the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD appears. Minidump has been added to the dropbox folder.

edit: Bluescreenview tells me hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe are causing the BSOD's.

Maxvector9, Oct 14, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating software will inevitably change the working of software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be pleased to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.

zbook, Oct 14, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD Caused by hal.dll, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - BSOD Caused hal

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD, caused by NTOSKRNL.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD, caused by NTOSKRNL.exe: Sometimes, out of nowhere, my PC BSOD's with that error message.DMP Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M19E3t7Hx1WSf-zYd2g9NHmuMSIwq50w/view?usp=sharingBlueScreenView screenshot:...
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hello there, I have been receiving multiple BSOD... I downloaded "BlueScreenView" and it shows this: irql_not_less_or_equal ntoskrnl.exe BAD_POOL_CALLER ntoskrnl.exe ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY Netwtw10.sys PC Specifications: Lenovo Legion 5 (Ryzen 7 4800h, GTX 1660...
  4. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe: Hello, I have been encountering BSOD for about 3 days now. I have done the best I could but the problem persists. I am now reaching out for help to the community. Here are all the tests/actions that I have performed this far: 1) Memtest - Ran 8 passes. Passed 2) SFC...
  5. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe: Hello, I have been encountering BSOD for about 3 days now. I have done the best I could but the problem persists. I am now reaching out for help to the community. Here are all the tests/actions that I have performed this far: 1 Memtest - Ran 8 passes. Passed 2 SFC...
  6. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Version: Windows 10 20H2 OS Build 19042.746 Link: RYZEN-DESKTOP-(2021-01-31_11-39-34).zip - Google Drive 173369
  7. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hi everyone, I've been trying to do almost every solution on the internet about this problem. But even after I reset my pc completely, my pc still crash with the same problem. Can anyone help me about this? Here's my dmp files link :...
  8. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hi everyone, I've been trying to do almost every solution on the internet about this problem. But even after I reset my pc completely, my pc still crash with the same problem. Can anyone help me about this? Here's my dmp files link :...
  9. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hey, this has really been causing me a great trouble can you help me with that.... Here is my driver report through driverview_x64. https://filebin.net/wk4sozkntmr6a6r6 Can you help me as soon as possible?...
  10. Help - BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by usbccgp.sys.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help - BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by usbccgp.sys.: My computer has recently been having several software issues - most recently, I have experienced a BSOD (description in title). Most advice regarding issues like this states that I should replace this driver. How do I do so? P.S. WinDbg of the BSOD: Microsoft (R) Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bsod irql_not_less_or_equal hal.dll