Windows 10: BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll

Discus and support BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please use Macrium to make a backup image of your drive and please make a fresh restore point. Please reboot and have it do the offline repair.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mistral, Jun 29, 2017.

1. zbook New Member

BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll

Please use Macrium to make a backup image of your drive and please make a fresh restore point.

Please reboot and have it do the offline repair.
    Then run overnight chkdsk /x /r

1) run one of the SMART tests on your drives:

CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World: CrystalDiskMark - Software - Crystal Dew World

HD Tune: HD Tune website

Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring: Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring

When the SMART test has completed open the Microsoft snipping tool and make images of the results to post into the thread.

11) Run Sea tools for windows on your drive using SMART, short and long generic tests:

How to use SeaTools for Windows

How to use SeaTools for Windows

zbook, Jul 2, 2017
  2. Mistral Win User

Attachment 142253
    Here are the result of the SMART test.

Mistral, Jul 2, 2017
  3. Mistral Win User
    Here are the screenshoot of SeaTools test.
    Short Generic
    Attachment 142272
    Long Generic
    Attachment 142273

Mistral, Jul 2, 2017
  4. BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll

Please post output of:

dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

BSODHunter, Jul 3, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    After the chkdsk /x /r has completed please post the result into the thread:
    How to find chkdsk results in Windows 10 - Winaero uses 26226 find
    Pending the results of this command you can plan to use windows driver verifier when you have time to process the bsod.
    Before starting windows driver verifier make sure you have made an image with macrium, and created a brand new restore point.
    As the bsod occur you will use:
    Bluescreenview: Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.
    Whocrashed: Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer
    to provide immediate analysis of the bsod created minidmp files.
    Please update the zip file or post a new one into the thread for the bsod:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    And we can help guide you through the debugging, the uninstall and the reinstall.

zbook, Jul 3, 2017
  6. Mistral Win User
    here are result of
    dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[===========================97.1%======================== ]
    Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\Windows\system32>

Mistral, Jul 6, 2017

7. BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll [​IMG]
    Tip

Until May 19th 2017, there was a problem in the Creators Update (version 1703, build 15063) with DISM reporting corruption and unable to repair it. This was fixed by Microsoft updating something on their servers that was causing DISM to fail with 'source not found' when it tried to refer to it.

See: KB4016871 Fixes Spurious Win10 DISM Issue - Windows Enterprise Desktop

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll

1. BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll - Similar Threads - BSOD Caused ntoskrnl

2. ntoskrnl bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl bsod: My pc has been bsod-ing for 2-3 years now and i recently decided to try and fix it. I use bluescreen view and always see that the bsods are always caused by ntoskrnl.exe. heres all of the stuff ive to try and fix it.Used 1 8gb ram stick at a timeused different ram slotsused...
  3. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  8. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions: Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn, My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu cooler off and noticed that they left the plastic on the cpu cooling block, So I fixed that issue after emailing the people...
  9. Bsod ntoskrnl

Bsod ntoskrnl: Hi guys, Any help would be massively appreciated. My computer is BSOD at least two times a day. As far as I can tell, all drivers are up to date including Nvidia. Could somebody take a look at the attached and let me know if you find anything? I've ran a system check...
  10. BSOD - Bad Pool Header caused by NTOSKRNL

BSOD - Bad Pool Header caused by NTOSKRNL: Hello, I've been having an issue this past week whenever my computer restarts (seems to be from Windows Updates) I come back to a Bad Pool Header BSOD. I was able to get it stopped by uninstalling Avast and doing a Clean Boot. After about 2 hours of restarting and just adding...