Windows 10: BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe on startup

Discus and support BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This happened after Dell came out and installed a new monitor in the machine. I am posting this from Safe Mode as we speak from the computer with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ghutchison, Oct 5, 2016.

1. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe on startup

This happened after Dell came out and installed a new monitor in the machine.

I am posting this from Safe Mode as we speak from the computer with the issue. I have tried running a chkdsk on the computer and it fixed some errors. I tried finding the logfile, but maybe I had to have a special argument telling it to log. Sfc /scannow came back with nothing, but the machine will not boot into windows normally.

I am pretty certain that what is going on here is driver related, because of the hardware switch, but I do not know how to narrow it down to figure out what driver is causing the issue. I have attempted to reinstall the video drivers and uninstall the PnP monitor drivers for this machine. I have included the BSOD files. If you need any more information about this machine let me know. The machine itself is new and was 100% working before the monitor replacement.

Thanks,

G

:)

ghutchison, Oct 5, 2016

2. Random BSoD on Win10 caused by ntoskrnl.exe or ntkrnlmp.exe

Happy to help

Driver verified and related to your ATI video driver

Completely remove the current driver (or software) and install the newest driver available. For instructions on how to do that Read all about updating drivers here Updating a driver.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 5, 2016
  3. How to fix BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for LEMo6022.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for LEMo6022.sys

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for pelmouse.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for pelmouse.sys

Related to Primax Electronics Mouse Suite Driver

Dates to 2015:

Timestamp: Thu Dec 17 11:18:34 2015 (56724CB2)

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mfencbdc.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mfencbdc.sys

mfencbdc+0x2bc74

Related to Mcafee.

For Mouse driver,

Remove the Driver and install the newest copy.

Remove the driver completely:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

You can find the newest driver links on the manufacturer's website or here:

Driver Reference Table (DRT)

For McAfee:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/for...

Remove it using removal tool and use Windows Defender in its place.

Let us know if you require any assistance.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 5, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe on startup

Hi ghutchison,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please try again to upload the chkdsk log *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe on startup [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe on startup [​IMG]
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.

axe0, Oct 6, 2016
  5. Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    I attempted to run the chkdsk from cmd prompt in safemode. Was then prompted to restart the computer to run the check. I restart the computer and then it blue screened same stop code error. I load back into safe mode, clean boot the thing, doesn't work. I go into the system recovery tools bootrec /fixmbr /fixboot run okay but /rebuildbcd displayed there being zero windows installations. Weird thing I noticed too in Diskpart...the drive is set gpt so i cannot set it as active.

Do all of these things correlate? I am pretty lost how it would go from working > broken screen> working with broken screen>replaced screen> won't boot. I've spent a lot of time trying ot get this thing to work. If I can't get it up by tomorrow I'm wiping it.

ghutchison, Oct 9, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    You can't use mbr commands on a GPT disk, that just won't work.

What command did you try to run for chkdsk?

axe0, Oct 9, 2016
  7. Isn't uefi a hybrid of the two?

Chkdsk /r /f

ghutchison, Oct 10, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

UEFI is the interface communication between the hardware and OS where GPT and MBR are partitioning schemes for a disk.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe on startup - Similar Threads - BSOD caused ntoskrnl

2. RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD: Recently I have been getting the exact same BSOD and fixes on the net doesn't seem to work. I've taken a look at the Reliability Monitor to see what was causing the same BSOD over and over again, and it seems like RAVBg64.execrashing is the main issue. I've tried disabling...
  3. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  5. Aux exe at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aux exe at startup: Each time I start up my computer microsoft aux switch exe box appears for a few seconds. In every other respect my computer works 100%. Is this normal? What does this do? Thanks...
  6. Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables

Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables: I have a Lenovo laptop with the following specs: Intel Core i7-8550U 4C / 8T, 1.8 / 4.0GHz, 8MB Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Intel SoC Platform 16GB Soldered DDR4-2400 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 13.9" UHD 3840x2160 IPS 300nits Glossy I started getting random...
  7. ntoskrnl and ntkrnlmp problems - causing Very frequent BSOD: System Service Exception. How...

ntoskrnl and ntkrnlmp problems - causing Very frequent BSOD: System Service Exception. How...: Hi, I am new here. Been trying to get to the bottom of my infuriating problem with my laptop. Frequent BSODs, usually when the laptop has had a chance to go idle for a bit, never when an intensive program is running. I downloaded WhoCrashed and got the following reports...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  10. BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error

BSOD's have returned! [ntkrnlmp, ntoskrnl] HYPERVISOR error: Hello all, its nice to be back! I've had a couple threads in the forum which regard my issues with BSODs the last being around 5 months ago from now and the other a bit longer. Though generally the errors have been consistent but has dipped in frequency with the help I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod windows 10 pelmouse