Windows 10: BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe please help

Discus and support BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe please help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, I've attached 4 minidumps. Can you please help troubleshoot this intermittent BSOD? 24276 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Asharus, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Asharus Win User

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe please help

Hey all, I've attached 4 minidumps. Can you please help troubleshoot this intermittent BSOD?

:)

Asharus, Sep 26, 2015
  2. wadeb Win User

Windows 10 Blue Screening on me. DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

Caused by Driver: ntoskrnl.exe

Caused by Address: ntoskrnl.exe+146440

Above is from my dump file using BlueScreenView. Not sure what driver is causing the BSOD, how can I determine the driver?

wadeb, Sep 26, 2015
  3. BSOD APC_INDEX_MISMATCH ntoskrnl.exe+142940

I had a BSOD. Bug Check String APC_INDEX_MISMATCH , cause by driver ntoskrnl.exe caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+142940. Adive on the fix for this. XPS 15 9950 RUNNING Windows 10 Pro.

SanilPrakashan, Sep 26, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Asharus,

Welcome to the 10forums.

The Nvidia Video driver has been flagged in a crash where the memory is usually the cause.
    Because there are more crashes where the memory is possibly causing it please follow the instructions below.

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe please help [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

For more analyse, please read BSOD Posting Instructions

5. Asharus Win User
    thank you. i shall run this tonight.

Asharus, Sep 26, 2015
  6. Asharus Win User
    well it looks like i'm getting failures on the first pass. what's the next step, take a stick out and run it again?

Asharus, Sep 27, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Find out if it is a stick (and which) or a slot

8. Asharus Win User

ok, it looks like i have 12gb total with pairs of 2gb sticks. i tried using 1 stick and 1 slot only but it wouldn't get past the POST.

i've run 8 passes through the first pair and there were no errors. i stuck another pair in the same slots before i left for work.

it may take some time to figure out which stick (or slot) i'm having issues with.

Asharus, Sep 27, 2015
  9. Asharus Win User
    well i just looked at my mobo's manual and i figured out why it wouldnt POST with 1 stick. slot #1 is actually the 2nd slot over, and i apparently had the single stick in slot #2.

Asharus, Sep 27, 2015
  10. Asharus Win User
    It turns out I have 2 bad RAM sticks. I've created an RMA for them, and currently running 8gb instead of 12gb while they are in transit. Hopefully this was the cause of my BSOD issues.

Asharus, Sep 28, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Hope so too, let me know if you get any BSOD

12. Asharus Win User
    Thanks for your help. I ran a memtest overnight with just the 4 sticks and no errors. I would have never known I had bad hardware if it wasnt for you. Meanwhile I just sent the 2 sticks to corsair for replacement.

Asharus, Sep 28, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

You're welcome *Smile

When you have the new sticks, please test your system with the new sticks carefully.

14. Asharus Win User
    what do you mean by carefully? my plan was to install them in my last 2 slots and run a memtest overnight. do you have any other suggestions?

Asharus, Sep 28, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    +1 for Memtest

Check the BIOS to make sure the settings are correct.

Thema:

1. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe please help - Similar Threads - BSOD caused ntoskrnl

2. Help please, bsod caused by CertificateServicesClient?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help please, bsod caused by CertificateServicesClient?: Keep getting BSOD, every time it occurs its due to an error on this event:Error en la inicialización de la inscripción de certificados de SCEP para WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-6D8MF87$ a través de...
  3. Bsod, help please, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod, help please, caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hello, my laptop shows BSOD again and again after several minutes or sometimes frequently.I used BlueScreenView and showed that cause the error: ntoskrnl.exe and PSHED.dll also sometimes Wdfilter.sys, Ntfs.sysI already used commands : sfc, dism /online /cleanup-image...
  4. Bsod, help please, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod, help please, caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hello, my laptop shows BSOD again and again after several minutes or sometimes frequently.I used BlueScreenView and showed that cause the error: ntoskrnl.exe and PSHED.dll also sometimes Wdfilter.sys, Ntfs.sysI already used commands : sfc, dism /online /cleanup-image...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  6. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. Please review minidump - ntoskrnl bsod

Please review minidump - ntoskrnl bsod: Minidump files can be found at https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkyF9KTuD2MFjHq9RkGAnQi2EIIQ?e=gLFpPS Please help diagnose what they can tell me is causing my BSOD. Thanks...
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  10. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions: Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn, My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu cooler off and noticed that they left the plastic on the cpu cooling block, So I fixed that issue after emailing the people...
Tags: