Windows 10: BSOD caused by nwifi.sys

Discus and support BSOD caused by nwifi.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey for the past week, am getting a BSOD at random intervals due to nwifi.sys. I know this has to do something with my wifi card, so when i tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by thorion, Apr 9, 2017.

1. thorion Win User

BSOD caused by nwifi.sys

Hey for the past week, am getting a BSOD at random intervals due to nwifi.sys. I know this has to do something with my wifi card, so when i tried to update or rollback my driver it crashes again. I even tried sfc /scannow and it showed no errors. When i tried DISM there was problem downloading the image, so i used windows10upgrade9252.exe to resolve corrupted system files. Nothing seems to work. I'm out of ideas now, so could you please help me with this issue? I'm attaching my DM log files here: Attachment 129268

:)

thorion, Apr 9, 2017
  2. Pttri Win User

BSOD troubleshooting

Hi,

I have been recently getting BSOD, usually when I start the Computer. There is always stated these nwifi.sys a driver_irql_not_less_or_equal during the BSOD. I tried to follow the instructions given and uploaded a few files in this folder:

dmp

Could you check if you can find the cause for BSOD? If you need something else please let me know

Kind regards,

Petteri

Pttri, Apr 9, 2017
  3. nwifi.sys BSOD windows 10

Hello,

I have recently been experiencing a BSOD with the nwifi.sys failure and the stop code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have attached the minidump files as well at the end of this post.

Thanks for your time.

nwifi.sys.zip

RaccoonEyedNinja, Apr 9, 2017
  4. Xilnik Win User

BSOD caused by nwifi.sys

Unfortunately, your lone .dmp file is damaged/corrupted. Some of the drivers are showing dates from the 1980s, and one even shows a year of 2037. The stack for the .dmp is unreadable.

We really could use more than one .dmp, anyway. You may have to wait until you've had several (don't do any disk cleaning in between) and then upload the files again. It's easier to spot patterns with multiple .dmp files.

Xilnik, Apr 9, 2017
  5. thorion Win User
    Sorry for the delayed reply. I have had four more crashes yesterday, attaching their dump file now:Attachment 129810 . Hope this helps you in figuring out the problem. Forgot to mention this before, before the system crashes my internet speed reduces drastically to almost like using a dsl line and then it crashes.

thorion, Apr 12, 2017
  6. ALL four dumps point to nwifi.sys

Code: 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (13.04.2017 09:40:40) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: nwifi.sys [13.02.2003] * NativeWiFi Miniport Driver (Windows System File) PROCESS: Usual causes: Device driver TO RESOLVE: 1. Check Drivers ============================================================================================================== 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (12.04.2017 22:41:11) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: nwifi.sys [13.02.2003] * NativeWiFi Miniport Driver (Windows System File) PROCESS: Usual causes: Device driver TO RESOLVE: 1. Check Drivers ============================================================================================================== 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (12.04.2017 22:33:59) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: nwifi.sys [13.02.2003] * NativeWiFi Miniport Driver (Windows System File) PROCESS: Usual causes: Device driver TO RESOLVE: 1. Check Drivers ============================================================================================================== 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (10.04.2017 00:32:18) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: nwifi.sys [13.02.2003] * NativeWiFi Miniport Driver (Windows System File) PROCESS: Usual causes: Device driver TO RESOLVE: 1. Check Drivers[/quote]

BSODHunter, Apr 12, 2017
  7. thorion Win User
    Yeah i figured that out, but my problem is, i cant even try to roll back or update that driver because the moment i select it my system crashes. So what should i do?

thorion, Apr 12, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

BSOD caused by nwifi.sys

Nwifi.sys is a Wifi driver from Windows (as the name implies).

My suggestions, update the network drivers and your VPN.

9. thorion Win User
    Thanks, i was fianlly able to uninstall the driver via safe mode without networking.

thorion, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD caused by nwifi.sys

1. BSOD caused by nwifi.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD caused nwifi

2. BSOD caused by watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD caused by watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys: Greetings, fellow Windows users!Yesterday, my computer had its BSOD while I'm using Adobe Premiere which was apparently caused by watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys.Here is a link to the dmp file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmT-xQXftxFWgiKU88vH7tRulzda?e=33kqdQThanks for any further help...
  3. BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys: I've tried reverting graphics drivers, windows updates, updating BIOS, resetting windows and other recommended methods such as chkdsk and DISM. I would like some confirmation on my issue being potentially video card related. Another pair of eyes/insight is the goal of this...
  4. BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys: I've tried reverting graphics drivers, windows updates, updating BIOS, resetting windows and other recommended methods such as chkdsk and DISM. I would like some confirmation on my issue being potentially video card related. Another pair of eyes/insight is the goal of this...
  5. BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys: From a couple of days ago my machine has been frequently BSOD and showing the error to be caused by netwtw10.sys. I have attempted to reinstall network drivers, reset machine with content, reset to factory and the issue has persisted through all the changes I made. In...
  7. QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD

QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD: This was probably caused by the following module: qcamain1.sys Qcamain10x64+0x108678 Bugcheck code: 0x1D3 0x333, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0 Error: CUSTOM_ERROR A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for...
  8. BSOD caused by Dot4.sys

BSOD caused by Dot4.sys: I have a BSOD problem caused by Dot4.sys very often but I have no idea what is causing it. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Dot4.sys+e23f IEEE-1284.4-1999 Driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK provider 6.1.7600.16385 built by: WinDDK x64 ntoskrnl.exe+1aab90
  9. BSOD caused by QCamain10x64.sys and IntelHaxm.sys

BSOD caused by QCamain10x64.sys and IntelHaxm.sys: My laptop crashed with STOP code DEVICE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, stating that QCamain10x64.sys had failed, which according to Google, is the driver of my laptop's wireless adapter. Just to make sure before attempting to reinstall the driver via device manager, I saw this wiki...
  10. Random BSODs caused by cm11264.sys.

Random BSODs caused by cm11264.sys.: Hi, i recently started having issues with my computer crashing. I will provide the dump files. I've looked up what cm11264.sys was connected to and it was my pair of Sennheiser 363d. I have since then tried multiple driver versions, and now have switched to a different port....