Windows 10: BSOD caused by video / audio

Discus and support BSOD caused by video / audio in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Like the title says, I have a BSOD issue that only tends to happen when I'm playing a video. This happened quite frequently when watching youtube... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lupe120, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Lupe120 Win User

BSOD caused by video / audio

Like the title says, I have a BSOD issue that only tends to happen when I'm playing a video. This happened quite frequently when watching youtube videos before the upgrade from 8, but after the upgrade it has slowed down some and wasn't really bothering me. Here lately I have been using an emulator to play FFVIII and periodically it will BSOD which is very annoying because sometimes you can go hours before seeing a save point. When attempting to debug the crash dump files it just tells me that I do not have the correct symbols. I'm not an idiot by any means, but there aren't a ton of useful documents out there that walk you through getting the correct symbols. Every driver is as up to date as possible including the mobo and bios. Please somebody help me get down to the bottom of this BSOD issue!

Thanks in advance!
    Lupe

:)

Lupe120, Dec 12, 2015
  2. Bookshesi Win User

I have Soundmax codec chip, I'm getting sporadic but not occasional audio clicks on YouTube. also an getting Nvlddmkm Error (Display driver stopped responding and has recovered)"

Since installing the SoundMax drivers from Lenovo, there have been no more "Nvlddmkm Error (Display driver stopped responding and has recovered)" events, and no more BSODs. The MS audio driver seems culpable in causing severe system instability. The video
    driver has not been changed.

Still getting speaker clicks, testing.

Bookshesi, Dec 12, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Very Weird StopCode Screens - Windows 10 on Dell Machine

Hi Rosco, I would have to surmise the reason you are not seeing the full BSOD text is that they are caused by your Video Card Driver, since the BSOD is not rendering correctly

I would boot into Safe Mode and roll back your Video Driver.

Since the last 2 Windows 10 updates are installing a bad video driver, this might also point to this as the cause

DaveM121, Dec 12, 2015
  4. Lupe120 Win User

Still having this same issue. Got a BSOD today that said tried executing non-executible memory

Lupe120, Dec 13, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    Please uninstall everything of Intel graphics using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your manufacturer. Be sure to ONLY install the drivers using custom/advanced options.
    Attachment 54024

Code: ffffd001`f88ace48 fffff801`5752798fUnable to load image igdkmd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys igdkmd64+0x5798f[/quote] Please try to reinstall Malwarebytes:
    Clean removal: https://support.malwarebytes.org/cus...5311?b_id=6438
    Install: Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software
    Code: ffffd001`f88ac688 fffff801`5bd28f74Unable to load image mwac.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mwac.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mwac.sys mwac+0x8f74[/quote] Please update your network drivers via your manufacturer.
    Code: ffffd001`f88abac8 fffff801`56960936Unable to load image Netwbw02.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Netwbw02.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Netwbw02.sys Netwbw02+0x20936 1: kd> lmvm Netwbw02 start end module name fffff801`56940000 fffff801`56cc2000 Netwbw02 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: Netwbw02.sys Image path: Netwbw02.sys Image name: Netwbw02.sys Timestamp: Sun Feb 22 12:00:57 2015 (54E9B6E9) CheckSum: 0035F5C6 ImageSize: 00382000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD caused by video / audio - Similar Threads - BSOD caused video

2. BSOD Caused by USB Audio 2 Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Caused by USB Audio 2 Driver: Hello there,I'm having trouble with my USB Audio Driver for a long time. My USB sound card has been working abnormally on my laptop recently causing applications to become unresponsive and even causing system crashes. The sound card itself has no problem. I've tested on my...
  3. BSOD Caused by USB Audio 2 Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Caused by USB Audio 2 Driver: Hello there,I'm having trouble with my USB Audio Driver for a long time. My USB sound card has been working abnormally on my laptop recently causing applications to become unresponsive and even causing system crashes. The sound card itself has no problem. I've tested on my...
  4. Headphones Cause Video and Audio Playback to Stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones Cause Video and Audio Playback to Stop: Hello,After watching video without headphones, the addition of headphones causes video and audio playback to stop. Thenceforth, the only way to play the video again is to restart the system. What could be the problem?...
  5. Headphones Cause Video and Audio Playback to Stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones Cause Video and Audio Playback to Stop: Hello,After watching video without headphones, the addition of headphones causes video and audio playback to stop. Thenceforth, the only way to play the video again is to restart the system. What could be the problem?...
  6. Headphones Cause Video and Audio Playback to Stop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows Update causes audio and video issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update causes audio and video issues: Since January Windows Update 2020-1, every time I run and install updates, I lose audio and video on my desktop. If I run system restore from a restore point just before the updates, all functions return to normal. I have ran the troubleshooter, and it finds nothing wrong....
  8. BSOD caused by video scheduler internal error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD caused by video scheduler internal error: Hi. Bought a new pc a month ago and after the first month on playing the witcher 3 without problems the pc started bsoding. First was at the begginning of Tyranny and the rest while playing ME Andromeda. Am leaving you the dmp files that i got after several crashes. DMP...
  9. Audio Driver Seems To Cause Video Playback Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Driver Seems To Cause Video Playback Problems: hey, since today i started having issues with videos not playing correctly. VLC: whenever i start a video, there is a delay for a few seconds where i only see the first frame of the video, after that audio crackles, then it plays normally. twitch.tv via firefox:...
  10. BSOD audio/video related?? Please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD audio/video related?? Please help!: Hi there, Desktop PC, WIn10 64 bit, no problems until yesterday. A series of BSOD which often occurr when watching some videos/listenings to some music/playing some games; so I think they could be related to the video or audio card. If I don't do anything or listen to any...